GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Great Lakes FS/FT/WTB/WTT Thread

Halvie

WOOSA
Oh, that's cool.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I was thinking of taking it there for pistons / other stuff if there is ever a real need for that stuff.

starting to doubt it with new engines coming out this year/next. When is the last time we have seen a new big release for FSI...

Jester61288

Ready to race!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know this is a long shot but im looking to either trade my mk5 front end for someones mk6 front end or buy (looked at local junkyards and havent found any wrecked yet)..preferably candy white. Looking for headlights, hood, bumper (with foglights,turn signals, grilles) upper grille,fenders.. Dont flame me for this post..ive read all the other bs on golfmkv and I dont care to hear anyones opinion. I know they sell new kits for $7000 and I dont want to spend that so just let me know what you have. located in Michigan. Also I will provide beer and pizza for those who want to swap front ends.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Gauging Interest: AWE Catback

I am going back to the stock catback and will be selling my AWE CBE. No problems with it, just want something even quieter ( I know, I know…)

http://www.awe-tuning.com/products/vw-1/mk6-g-j-2010/gti-20t/a-w-e-tuning-mk6-2-0t-exhaust.html

It retails for $679, and I’ve only had it for about 2months now. It is the one with the regular circle tips.

Will take paypal (+3% or as a gift) or cash only. Looking for $450 local, will not ship. Imho, it is slightly quieter than the magnflow CBE.

LMK if anyone is interested.

havoc531

Winter Tires

I have a set of winter wheels with the following specs:
205 55 r16 General Altimax Arctic Studdable Snow Tire (2 seasons of 8mi commute, <6k miles)
TireRack steelies
TireRack Lug bolts
Tiguan covers
Genuine VW/Audi TPMS

This is what they look like: Winter Wheel Thread
Second picture in the thread.

I'm in the Chicagoland (Hoffman Estates) area and can meet up. I'm asking $400, or can add cash (plus my mint Detroits if desired) for a nice 18" wheelset.

SkullV

Thunderbunny.....
Looking for a stock Cat Back Exhaust in/near Chicago. Please PM me with what you have.

srtkr

Ready to race!
Just seeing if any mk5 owners are interested in some led license plate lights.
I bought the wrong kind from ecs and try throw a light out code.
I heard you can not vag com them for the mk6 but I think I can get some resisters but if any mk5 owners are interested lmk. They have been on the car for a little over 3 weeks
40 bucks. Obo

Muskie

Go Kart Champion
AWE, OSIR, STRI Boost Gauge Kit

SOLD

I'm selling my AWE boost tap, OSIR Gauge Pod and STRI boost gauge.

Gauge is electronic and therefor no hissing
AWE Tap is very discrete
Comes with a new wiring harness

Kit includes:
Fuse tap for power
Gauge - With new harness
Gauge Pod
AWE Boost Tap

Asking $120 for the kit, or $140 with install

Looks like this

Last edited:

RaBBiT MKV1

Passed Driver's Ed
Figure this might sell faster here.

MK6 steering wheel with airbag - $300

MK6 Steering wheel by Mitun P., on Flickr

MK6 steering wheel and airbag by Mitun P., on Flickr

Small scuff on the airbag

MK6 Airbag scuff by Mitun P., on Flickr

MK6 airbag. Same as the one above but no harness - $180

I dont really come around here much, so I've got a pretty low post count, but I'm on golfmkv.com http://golfmkv.com/forums/member.php?u=19850

Since I dont come here that often, please send me a text if your interested. 224.392.4340

ehancock

Ready to race!
*SOLD*

Last edited:

r0nd3L

Ready to race!
Anybody looking for coilovers? I have Konis with about 5K on them, includes front top mounts. Looking for $750.