GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 09:13 AM   #57
C4L
Banned

Drives: '10 GTI / '13 CC / '07 ZZR600
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBoy View Post
What it should have been:

MKV GTI pre 2008.5 / Golf R = FSI Turbo
GTI post 2008.5 = TSI

That's all.
That is exactly what it is... The Golf R is the monkey wrench in there.

The confusion is with the Audis where they use TFSI or Turbo FSI as the designation for the EA888 motors and previously used FSI Turbo (the same thing...) for EA113 motors.
Old 08-15-2012, 09:14 AM   #58
C4L
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
Wasn't that the whole purpose for the EA888 line was that it was Audi's take on the DI 4 cylinder for their use to replace the EA113 which was VW's first crack at that layout? It only make sense that Audi will use that engine widely also...
ALL the VW 2.0T motors are EA888 sans the Golf R, which is effectively the TT-S motor from Audi which is EA113.
Old 08-15-2012, 09:42 AM   #59
RacingManiac
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: Bye MK6, Hello MK7 PP GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by C4L View Post
I did honestly think that all but the A3 of the current 2.0T offerings from Audi were still the EA113. Regardless of the nomenclature used on the engine cover which I also admitted I never looked at.
What I was getting at was that^

Audi was the lead in the EA888's birth and its not entirely surprising that they would use it on most of their cars....Granted the version more commonly used differs from VW's version with the stronger internal and VVL.
Old 08-15-2012, 10:36 AM   #60
C4L
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
What I was getting at was that^

Audi was the lead in the EA888's birth and its not entirely surprising that they would use it on most of their cars....Granted the version more commonly used differs from VW's version with the stronger internal and VVL.
I actually believe the first application of the EA888 was in the 2008.5 MKV GTI.
Yes, it was Audi developed but was first used in that car.
Old 08-15-2012, 10:41 AM   #61
Chris@Revo USA
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: cars
Quote:
There are NO MKVI GTI's with EA113 motors. The Golf R, which is MKVI, yes.
There are several special edition versions of the MK6 GTI available around the world with EA113 engines.

You also didn't say GTI, nor does the title of this thread. It simply asks "Differnece between the TSI And FSI" Stop twisting it to somehow make it seem like you were right, you weren't. Accept you learned something and move on.

The bottom line final and only answer is one is used by Audi and one is used by VW. No matter how hard you try and make it anything else that is all it is.
Old 08-15-2012, 10:45 AM   #62
Chris@Revo USA
Formula 5000 Driver

Quote:
I actually believe the first application of the EA888 was in the 2008.5 MKV GTI.
Stop believing and actually look stuff up, that was not the first application.
Old 08-15-2012, 10:45 AM   #63
C4L
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris@RevoTechnik View Post
There are several special edition versions of the MK6 GTI available around the world with EA113 engines.

You also didn't say GTI, nor does the title of this thread. It simply asks "Differnece between the TSI And FSI" Stop twisting it to somehow make it seem like you were right, you weren't. Accept you learned something and move on.

The bottom line final and only answer is one is used by Audi and one is used by VW. No matter how hard you try and make it anything else that is all it is.
The Edition 35 is the ONLY one that uses the EA113 w/ K04 in other markets. That wouldn't apply here.

You are just being a jerk at this point as you knew exactly what the OP was talking about.

The title may not reference GTI but the OP initial post specifically does specify his friends MKV GTI and HIS MKVI GTI.

"So i was talking to a buddy of mine and he has a mk5 gti with a fsi motor and he told me he had to get s3 injectors and a hpfp for him to switch over to k04. My question is on the mk6 gti with the tsi engine you dont have to upgrade those things when going ko4 right? "

I did learn something. Never said I didn't. But I also exactly answered the question that was asked.
MKV GTI = FSI = EA113
MKVI GTI = TSI = EA888

Don't make it into something its not. We don't care that you can use wikipedia. If anything you completely misunderstood the question as he wasn't asking the difference between FSI and TSI but rather the difference between MKV and MKVI GTI motors (or in effect EA113 and EA888 motors). He didn't know the engine codes for each so he used what he saw on the engine cover as the reference for each motor. The nomenclature had nothing to do with his question.
Old 08-15-2012, 10:46 AM   #64
C4L
Banned

Quote:
Stop believing and actually look stuff up, that was not the first application.
What was then?
Old 08-15-2012, 10:48 AM   #65
Chris@Revo USA
Formula 5000 Driver

Quote:
That wouldn't apply here.
So now it is ok to not actually educate ourselves because you want to restrict a global website to the terms of your tiny bubble?
Old 08-15-2012, 10:52 AM   #66
aw614
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2011 CW MKVI GTI
Quote:

He likes to argue the smallest point to prove he is right, just ignore him and move on.
Old 08-15-2012, 10:53 AM   #67
C4L
Banned

Quote:
So now it is ok to not actually educate ourselves because you want to restrict a global website to the terms of your tiny bubble?
He specifically mentioned the MKV GTI and MKVI GTI. Not only does the Edition 35 not apply but the Golf R either. That is not what he asked.

If I asked about a TT would you discuss the TT-S and TT-RS?
If I asked about an A4 would you discuss the S4 and RS4?

NOPE.

I am 'restricting' a global website to the terms of the OP's question. Staying both topical and contextual.
Old 08-15-2012, 10:55 AM   #68
C4L
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw614 View Post
He likes to argue the smallest point to prove he is right, just ignore him and move on.
I am arguing the point that the OP asked. Nothing more.

The op didn't ask about the Edition 35 or even the Golf R or anything from Audis product lineup.

The OP specifically asked about the MKV GTI and MKVI GTI. THAT is what I am discussing/arguing.

And in this case, we can both be right.

Chrisy is right to the extent of the TFSI, FSI, and TSI details.
I am right to the extent of the EA113 motor and EA888 motor details. Which is in fact what the OP was asking whether he articulated it or not.
Old 08-15-2012, 10:56 AM   #69
danielj

Drives: 2013 BMW x135
Quote:
Originally Posted by aw614 View Post
They both do. Its aways a battle royal.

Let's agree to disagree and move on. The bickering is pointless.

APR Stage I/ Carbonio Stage I&II Intake/ H&R Super Sports & RSB/ 18" Avant Gardes/ OEM LED Tails/ Some cosmetic stuff/ Now I'm done modding - because I traded it in....
Old 08-15-2012, 10:58 AM   #70
C4L
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj View Post
They both do. Its aways a battle royal.

Let's agree to disagree and move on. The bickering is pointless.
We aren't agreeing to disagree. We are arguing two entirely different things at this point.

The OP asked about EA113 and EA888 differences. I, and others, answered that question.

Chris then began to discuss the nomenclature VW/Audi uses in identifying EA113 and EA888 differences. Which have nothing to do with the motors themselves.

Closed Thread