GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BSH *True Seal* Intake & Stage 2 **REVIEW**

MasterKevin

Ready to race!
Well I kinda hoped that i could find something like this before i bought mine but i did my research and didn't hear any bad comments about this product at all, only positive ones.

It took 1 MONTH !!!! for this item to come to Australia and that absolutely killed me as i hate the stock panel filter setup that comes with the car. In all honesty it just looks so restricted.

Well the item finally came and obviously like anyone would do its, cancel all appointments for the day and install the intake lol.

All you basically need to install the intake is a Flathead screwdriver, a screwdriver and clamps, but you need one of those special screws (don't' know the name) to unscrew 2 bolts that connect the start of the airflow next to the big VW front grill. All in all its pretty simple.

The process took about 2-3 hours to take out the stock parts and install the intake. All the parts are provided and it was a direct bolt on like it should be.

Some pics of the stock air panel getting taken out. As you can see it freed up a lot of room :D

Does it feel any different?
Surprisingly yes. Yes they claim to give 10-15 more hp/tq but can you feel it.

Well this is what i noticed strait away.

1) When you lighty accelerate, like SUPER lighty grandma speed. The car feels heavier/slower but when i look at the speedo it still accelerates liek it use to. Just feels different.

2) From 2nd to 3rd sometimes at around 3000-4000 rpm it does a little pop noise. Like not a bad one it sounds freaking awesome lol.

3) when boosting below 4000 rpm it has a wicked flutter sound. like a deep one. and on top of the Forge BOV adapter it sounds awesome.

4) BUT THE MAIN DIFFERENCE when you floor it !! man does it go or does it go. SO responsive, so nice.

These are the parts that i took out:

And this its the finished result :D
I turned the sensor between the 2 silicon hoses around so you can't see it anymore. Just looks better that way imo :D

Final thoughts: Beside it being a little more expensive then most intakes, I Believe it is 100% worth it and BSH have done me proud in this item :) I would recommend this for others that want to get the BSH intake.

Hope this helps some guys out :)

PS: this review was super rushed as im going to a 21st now :p hahaa

Last edited:

DawnsKayBug1

Go Kart Champion
How much was it??/
The APR stage 2 combo is $500

MasterKevin

Ready to race!
How much was it??/
The APR stage 2 combo is $500

Normally i think its $400 US got it for around $340 US from dbc performance.

So a lot more bang for the buck :)

Kev

MasterKevin

Ready to race!
can you post a sound clip? i really need to hear before ordering it!!!

to be honest it fair sounds the same, maybe a little better, but i will see what i can put together :)

Kev

2010GolfGTIMK6

AutoTuning
It's now $332.99USD, just placed my order as I heard it the other day on a otherwise stock GTI, and it purred nicely. I was going to buy the APR Carbonio Stage 1, but $$$wise I'm glad I didn't.

MasterKevin

Ready to race!
It's now $332.99USD, just placed my order as I heard it the other day on a otherwise stock GTI, and it purred nicely. I was going to buy the APR Carbonio Stage 1, but $$$wise I'm glad I didn't.

+1 :)

JhnR

Banned
does it have a CARB sticker? :)

reason i ask, is because i got a intake ticket for not having a CARB sticker.. :(

MasterKevin

Ready to race!

reason i ask, is because i got a intake ticket for not having a CARB sticker.. :(

came with no stickers :p haha

Slow

Passed Driver's Ed
put one of these on this weekend too. do you get any banging or rubbing on start up? i think its coming from the airbox...

sweetsandman

Ready to race!

Jeeze don't they have bigger things to worry about in CA????

pshizz

Passed Driver's Ed
is their really a significant advantage over the stage 1 and stage 2 intakes? I dont feel like spending an extra $130 just for a pipe.

Last edited:

pshizz

Passed Driver's Ed
Anyone? Im about to buy this intake and would really appreciate any help with the question above. Thanks guys.

MasterKevin

Ready to race!
is their really a significant advantage over the stage 1 and stage 2 intakes? I dont feel like spending an extra $130 just for a pipe.

looks cleaner? and gets rid of teh lose bits :p

also better silicon seals, much better than the factory clamps imo.