GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Lucas' BMP Mk6 Autobahn GTI build (Orlando, FL)

Sreter

Ready to race!
Had a blast filming/editing this with my buddy Brandon Jones (although he did all the work haha) this past weekend! here's a short film of my mk6!

not sure if there's a way to directly post the video here but i cant figure out how to so here's the youtube link

http://youtu.be/rUUvYYDHNcs

Sreter

Ready to race!
made an impromptu trip to Atlanta this past weekend and met up with Mr. @BaconFenders to shoot some pics with his buddy Brian Fortak. Here's a couple around the downtown Atlanta area

Sreter

Ready to race!
loving this awesome photoshop by Brian Fortak from one of his shots this past weekend in Atlanta

Sreter

Ready to race!
alright, so although it was very a very exhausting weekend, it felt great to finally do something to my car and take on a little project... i redid my entire trunk setup including rearranging the under-floor guts and the above floor setup.

First off, i lowered the under-floor frame i had previously built an inch and sideways mounted the compressors further forward. A little nervous about the compressors mounted sideways bc you're technically not supposed to but after reading through a 45+ page thread about air setups, people were mounting them like this without issues. since they wont fit upright under my floor anymore, I might just mount them symmetrically next to my tank on top of the floor... anyways, here's what it looked like before

And this is how it looks now: (yes, i know the lines are going through the spare lol they'll be clear away form the spare as soon as my order of fittings comes in the mail

Sreter

Ready to race!
For the trunk floor, i made myself a 1/4" MDF floor with some 1/2" plywood planks underneath for support and covered the top with a green bamboo with burnt ends paneling. for easy access i separated the floor just after the tank and added some hidden hinges underneath so i can get easy access to the spare and my 2 little compartments underneath the floor. To mount the tank, i bolted down 2 brown/tan 2" bamboo poles on the floor and used 2 brown leather belts to strap the tank down.

Sreter

Ready to race!
Overall, i'm extremely happy with it. I had envisioned this idea completely out of imagination over a year ago when i first got my air ride and had always wanted to do a bamboo floor and what not. after researching for a while i found a company out of California called CaliBamboo that carries all the bamboo and finally took on the project. Even smells really good since fresh bamboo is so fragrant.

Next are the hardlines. I've got a few ideas already for arrangements above the floor that will look pretty cool with copper lines. Under the floor, it will stay as soft lines for ease of removal/maintenance and the management block will be placed at the rear left little compartment with the lines going straight through the floor at this location in order to have full, uninterrupted, access to the spare

shdwblugti

Go Kart Champion
One thing I love about air ride is seeing how unique every trunk is set up

Bamboo is a nice touch :thumbup: