GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com



Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > VW Golf R Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-25-2012, 09:45 AM   #1
flyboy34
Autocross Newbie
 
Drives: 2013 GTI DSG
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Northern, IL
Posts: 80
License Plate Holes

Any suggestions on patching license plate holes in the front bumper of my R?

And where can u get the bracket that mounts into the tow hole for mounting of a front plate?
flyboy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 09:53 AM   #2
cwGTIautobahn
FIA GT Newbie
 
cwGTIautobahn's Avatar
 
Drives: see sig...
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: walnut creek, sf bay
Posts: 737
bumperplugs.com


http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24917


.
__________________
~ 2012 VW GTI /// autobahn 4d dsg (white)
~ 2008 Porsche Targa 4S (white)
~ 2006 Mercedes Benz E55 (white)
~ 1972 Alfa Romeo Spider (red)
~ 1968 Dodge Dart GTS (red)
cwGTIautobahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 09:29 PM   #3
copizza
Rally Car Champion
 
copizza's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Golf R
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 330
i bought this one.... getting installed on Weds.

http://swiftmotorsports.com/index.ph...oducts_id=1838
copizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 09:52 PM   #4
Rising Blue R
Touring Car Champion
 
Rising Blue R's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Golf R w/Sunroof & Nav. 2-Door
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Maryland/Opelika
Posts: 222
Bumperplugs works.....but telling the dealer not to drill the bumper is the 1st choice. I told my dealer get me a car without bumper holes or no deal.......had bumperplugs on my 911 TT since it was used and it works well....
Rising Blue R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 10:29 PM   #5
cwGTIautobahn
FIA GT Newbie
 
cwGTIautobahn's Avatar
 
Drives: see sig...
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: walnut creek, sf bay
Posts: 737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Blue R View Post
Bumperplugs works.....but telling the dealer not to drill the bumper is the 1st choice. I told my dealer get me a car without bumper holes or no deal.......had bumperplugs on my 911 TT since it was used and it works well....

Same here. No holes or no deal.


Best indeed.


.
__________________
~ 2012 VW GTI /// autobahn 4d dsg (white)
~ 2008 Porsche Targa 4S (white)
~ 2006 Mercedes Benz E55 (white)
~ 1972 Alfa Romeo Spider (red)
~ 1968 Dodge Dart GTS (red)
cwGTIautobahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 10:34 PM   #6
Rising Blue R
Touring Car Champion
 
Rising Blue R's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Golf R w/Sunroof & Nav. 2-Door
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Maryland/Opelika
Posts: 222
Yes SIR!



Quote:
Originally Posted by cwGTIautobahn View Post
Same here. No holes or no deal.


Best indeed.


.
Rising Blue R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 10:59 PM   #7
SworksR20
Drag Race Newbie
 
Drives: 2013 Golf R
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 46
Someone at my dealership PDI'd the car before I could get to it, and the idiot drilled 4 holes into my front bumper!!!!!!!! Bumper plugs would just look dumb since it would be 4 dots on the front, and they aren't even symmetrical since he must have been drunk or high or something and drilled them crooked. ugghhghhghg
SworksR20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 03:03 PM   #8
joenuke
Passed Driver's Ed
 
Drives: 2013 Golf R
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Weedsport NY
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by SworksR20 View Post
Someone at my dealership PDI'd the car before I could get to it, and the idiot drilled 4 holes into my front bumper!!!!!!!! Bumper plugs would just look dumb since it would be 4 dots on the front, and they aren't even symmetrical since he must have been drunk or high or something and drilled them crooked. ugghhghhghg
I made the dealer replace the bumper after they drilled it against my instructions. Took 2 weeks to get one and I had to get nasty with VWoA and the stealership. I installed this:

www.usmillworks.com

It is very good quality.
joenuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 03:03 PM   #9
GunKata
MILFn00dzHunter.com
 
GunKata's Avatar
 
Drives: '03 350Z Track, '11 Pcar, '06 Oddy
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ballsborough, IL
Posts: 60,147
don't do the tow-hook thing, Bill....
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniGLH View Post
Everybody knows GunKata > *.*

No GunKata, no care.


Need remote help buying or selling a car?

Chicago Car Network


I can haz 350z racecar?

Gone: 2011 Audi A3 Quattro DSG K04

Also Gone: 2011 GTI Autobahn MT Stage 2 BBK Lots of Mods
GunKata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 03:14 PM   #10
joenuke
Passed Driver's Ed
 
Drives: 2013 Golf R
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Weedsport NY
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunKata View Post
don't do the tow-hook thing, Bill....
Why not? Please enlighten me.
joenuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 03:30 PM   #11
copizza
Rally Car Champion
 
copizza's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Golf R
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 330
Because it looks really really really bad........
copizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 03:35 PM   #12
GunKata
MILFn00dzHunter.com
 
GunKata's Avatar
 
Drives: '03 350Z Track, '11 Pcar, '06 Oddy
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ballsborough, IL
Posts: 60,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by copizza View Post
Because it looks really really really bad........
this^


Quote:
Originally Posted by joenuke View Post
Why not? Please enlighten me.
Because in an attempt to not draw attention away from your car or have a license plate on the front of it, you would then put it off to the side of the car, which actually brings MORE attention to it and is not symmetrical in appearance.

I think it looks a lot worse than just putting it where its supposed to go. I say either don't rock one, rock one right, or buy the fancy hiding ones that come from underneath the car, otherwise all I think when I see a nice car like a GTI with that is its hella "rice".


becausenotporsche
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniGLH View Post
Everybody knows GunKata > *.*

No GunKata, no care.


Need remote help buying or selling a car?

Chicago Car Network


I can haz 350z racecar?

Gone: 2011 Audi A3 Quattro DSG K04

Also Gone: 2011 GTI Autobahn MT Stage 2 BBK Lots of Mods
GunKata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 03:40 PM   #13
MKVInce
Formula 5000 Champion
 
MKVInce's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 CW GTI 6MT, 2007 OB G35 Coupe
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Empire State
Posts: 2,334
Go to Lowes, automotive section, look for Hillman plugs. They comes in different sizes. Get the smallest one. Buy a can of paint and spray over the plugs. Once they're dry, pop them in.



As for the tow hook, you can get it at gominigo.com or rhoplate.com.

You can also get the swift hideaway plate but you risk scraping it off if you're low.
__________________
2004 G35 (sold)
2007 G35 (current)
2012 GTI MK6 (sold)
2013 Evo X (sold)
2015 BMW X3 (current)
MKVInce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 03:40 PM   #14
copizza
Rally Car Champion
 
copizza's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Golf R
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunKata View Post
this^




Because in an attempt to not draw attention away from your car or have a license plate on the front of it, you would then put it off to the side of the car, which actually brings MORE attention to it and is not symmetrical in appearance.

I think it looks a lot worse than just putting it where its supposed to go. I say either don't rock one, rock one right, or buy the fancy hiding ones that come from underneath the car, otherwise all I think when I see a nice car like a GTI with that is its hella "rice".

becausenotporsche
Couldnt have said it better.....

As earlier post... swiftmotorsports.com

I got the non motorized one for $60.00. It is being installed tomorrow. Will post some pics. (Not hijacking your thread)

Last edited by copizza; 08-28-2012 at 03:46 PM.
copizza is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.