GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

To Carbon fiber it...or not to?

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
Just started this in case i am missing something and for opinions..

I have been looking at different options for maybe 3 months...

Came up with:

OSIR GT6-S rear diffuser:

OSIR CF mirror caps:

R-line side skirts:

Might add Razor hatch spoiler:

Going on:

Tacky/too much or aggressive/clean?

What do you guys think? suggestions/opinions welcomed..

Last edited:

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
All unpainted...those parts are tiny and hence for styling not weight saving.

They are basically very expensive, because of the quality carbon fiber they are made of!

Storch

Go Kart Champion
does that spoiler attach to the stock one? I want those mirror caps deff

zVp

Go Kart Champion
Personally I'd leave your car the way it is for now - it's nice and clean looking. Extra carbon pieces would just make it more busy looking and take away from its simplistic look.

If anything, get the r-line skirts and paint them Candy White. I think your car would look perfect with it.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
none ;) I like the R skirts tho.

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
does that spoiler attach to the stock one? I want those mirror caps deff

Yes it does.

Personally I'd leave your car the way it is for now - it's nice and clean looking. Extra carbon pieces would just make it more busy looking and take away from its simplistic look.

If anything, get the r-line skirts and paint them Candy White. I think your car would look perfect with it.

I am just really bored of the over-simplicity of the car and really hate the rear diffuser material/small-ness lol

Oh and i love subtle carbon fiber on white german cars...like what people do on the C63 and M-series

none ;) I like the R skirts tho.

The R sides are sure going...just not sure about the rest.

zVp

Go Kart Champion
The OSIR rear diffuser does look pretty good, I'll have to admit. I think memmo has it on his GTI and it looks pretty awesome. I'm not sure if I would rock it myself, but it looks very nice. I think you'll be happy with that.

The other pieces (especially the mirrors caps), I really don't like too much.

Now, how bout you be a baller and carbon fiber your entire body?

:word: save the money bro..

project92raddoslc

Go Kart Champion
I'd do carbon diffuser and possibly mirror caps. Definitely get the CW skirts.
The wonderful thing about all generations of GTI is that they're clean, simple and offer great factory styling. We don't need gaudy body kits to make them stand out and look tasteful.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Fake carbon fiber makes baby jesus cry

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
diffuser for sure. its already dark to begin with so itll be clean and subtle.

Sounds like it..

The OSIR rear diffuser does look pretty good, I'll have to admit. I think memmo has it on his GTI and it looks pretty awesome. I'm not sure if I would rock it myself, but it looks very nice. I think you'll be happy with that.

The other pieces (especially the mirrors caps), I really don't like too much.

Now, how bout you be a baller and carbon fiber your entire body?

The diffuser is probably going on..it also has the sides a little lower so they would cover the odd part of the exhaust tips..

:word: save the money bro..

:iono:

I'd do carbon diffuser and possibly mirror caps. Definitely get the CW skirts.
The wonderful thing about all generations of GTI is that they're clean, simple and offer great factory styling. We don't need gaudy body kits to make them stand out and look tasteful.

I agree...the car looks nice and clean stock..but i want to do something with the terrible material rear diffuser other than painting it..

Fake carbon fiber makes baby jesus cry

Glad these parts are real CF bro and baby jesus christ won't be crying haha :p

zVp

Go Kart Champion
The diffuser is probably going on..it also has the sides a little lower so they would cover the odd part of the exhaust tips..

The only gripe about the default diffuser that we have on our GTIs (I do admit, it's nice and simple), is that it doesn't go low enough to cover the suitcase muffler thingy.