GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Subframe Shim and bolt Kits

Status
Not open for further replies.

HSTuning

Ready to race!

Most of the MK5/MK6 chassis cars coming through the shop recently have had signs of subframe movement. You can see in the picture above that there is an area where there is no red paint on the chassis. This, combined with clunking that usually happens when changing directions are the most obvious symptoms of this problem. We put together a little kit to eliminate this issue. It includes 4 new bolts, and 2 shims. The shims were originally designed for the Passat, but we've had great luck using them on all MK5/MK6 chassis cars. This kit eliminates the wasted shank bolts, and replaces them with a stronger bolt from the B5 chassis cars. We've used these on the cars that get used for autocross and road course and it completely eliminated the movement.

Follow this link for more information, and to purchase:

http://www.hstuning.com/product_info.php?products_id=3607

SkullV

Thunderbunny.....
Any idea if this issue applies to the Tiguan and whether this kit will work?

HSTuning

Ready to race!
Any idea if this issue applies to the Tiguan and whether this kit will work?

It does apply to the Tiguan, although we don't see those have the shifting issue very often. But then again, most Tiguans coming through here don't have K04's! :laugh:

If you think you might have subframe shift, check the area around the back of the subframe where it mounts to the chassis to check for the paint lines.

SkullV

Thunderbunny.....
Sounds good, my Tig is STILL in the shop :( but as soon as it's back I'll get under it and take a look. Any way to get a shipping break on this stuff? $12 shipping for a $20 item is killer!

HSTuning

Ready to race!
Sounds good, my Tig is STILL in the shop :( but as soon as it's back I'll get under it and take a look. Any way to get a shipping break on this stuff? $12 shipping for a $20 item is killer!

These will fit in the small flat rate USPS box, so we'll make that a shipping option.

SkullV

Thunderbunny.....
Fantastic!

ducatiwebb

Ready to race!
Why must I pay $12 shipping?

Dont you have anything cheaper?>

That's the same shit ECS tuning told me about ordering some Laminx fog covers yet the shipping was more than the product itself. They ONLY had a box it could go in. They couldn't put it in an envelope. Wtf Ever

sent from my iphone5 from tapatalk

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
is this job as easy as removing 1 bolt at a time, inserting the new one, and torquing? or is it a bit more involved than that?

You'll have to remove both. The subframe needs to flex a little to fit the spacers in. If not, you might be able to lube them up.

I manage to do these while I had my subframe dropped for FSB

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
if i don't have any paint gap areas can i just put a torque wrench on them and double check it? i've learned a hard lesson many times, if it isn't broke, don't mess with it.

Sure. If its under torque, you'll need to replace it. Those shear bolts dont "retighten" very well after the initial tightening from the factory.

VagPuncher

Ready to race!
Was under my car today. I get clunking if I turn my wheel all the way to the right from a stop. Didn't notice the paint lines but where the bolt meets subframe you can tell it moved in both sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.