GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Mk6 vs......

Old 04-11-2017, 08:56 AM   #71
Dub_Polo
Autocross Newbie

Drives: 2011 CSG GTI DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben_m View Post
G35x will kill you. Unless the battery is dead, kinda like what my wife just called to tell me...

Probably stage1+ at a minimum just to keep up with him.

0-60 is 5.7 for the g35x, 6.4 for GTI with DSG. Its a pretty big gap
I was thinking APR stage 1 when I am back from school, unless I get a downpipe and go straight to stage 2. If it ever happened it would be a roll cause I know a dig would be a massacre
Old 11-19-2017, 12:02 AM   #72
DarienMidnight
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: 2012 vw gti 4dr autobahn
It takes a stage 1 tune . That is all. And stock your competition form about 20 to 70 ish mph. My brother has a Altima 3.5 v6 which is a slightly detuned version of the 280 something hp g35 . When I turned stage 1 last year I stomped him . Along with other g35 coupes and sedans . I even beat a early gen g37 coupe and a few g37x sedans. I lost to only 1 black g35x . I was already running hard before I crossed him on the street and I swear sometimes I feel as tho my car is running better at 90% throttle opposed to 100% throttle . He red lined all gears and beat me by about a car length from 30 to about 80 mph starting at zero at stoplight .

APR stage 1 / r8 coils / APR stage 1&2 intake / AWE CBE ( FMOIG: YoungRios_ )
DarienMidnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 04:08 PM   #73
fast2ghl
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2012 GTI MK6 3-Door DSG FBO k04-64
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarienMidnight View Post
It takes a stage 1 tune . That is all. And stock your competition form about 20 to 70 ish mph. My brother has a Altima 3.5 v6 which is a slightly detuned version of the 280 something hp g35 . When I turned stage 1 last year I stomped him . Along with other g35 coupes and sedans . I even beat a early gen g37 coupe and a few g37x sedans. I lost to only 1 black g35x . I was already running hard before I crossed him on the street and I swear sometimes I feel as tho my car is running better at 90% throttle opposed to 100% throttle . He red lined all gears and beat me by about a car length from 30 to about 80 mph starting at zero at stoplight .
sounds like you need kay oh four.
Old 11-21-2017, 10:41 AM   #74
ben_m
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: G35x / Mkvi GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub_Polo View Post
I was thinking APR stage 1 when I am back from school, unless I get a downpipe and go straight to stage 2. If it ever happened it would be a roll cause I know a dig would be a massacre
If I could get the wife to look the other way I could get stage1 and then test the cars back to back. Lol.

I think a tune and good tires would keep it close.
ben_m is offline   Reply With Quote