GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Finally got an opportunity to use the spare

jhelm85

Passed Driver's Ed
I was exiting a snow storm in Oklahoma and the ice was clearing. There were a lot of chunks of ice and snow, most of which I was able to avoid. Then one came out of nowhere that I didn't have time to avoid. It turned out that it was a rock (about 2" diameter).

I hit it going about 80 mph. I could feel the additional drag from the flat within the next couple of seconds. The flat was confirmed when the TPMS light came on.

When I took the tire in to get replaced I found out the rim was cracked :( Good thing for road hazard tire protection. I am definitely getting my money's worth on that service plan.

edgary

Ready to race!
That's amazing. It must have hit the tire really hard.

That last picture made me laugh, and sad at the same time.

jhelm85

Passed Driver's Ed
Very hard, still I think it would be really interesting to see the impact though a slow motion 10000 fps camera.

jmblur1

Go Kart Champion
Good luck getting enough light for 10k fps ;)

1000fps requires direct sunlight.. to get a better view you probably want it at 2x shutter speed too (if not 4x), which means you better bring some mirrors and some huge ass lights too ;)

(and yes, I do have access to a 1000fps camera - my company wasted a TON of money on it, and then 12 months later the DSLRs with high speed cameras came out. d'oh!)

For the record, 1000fps 1/1000s exposure is plenty to capture something going 60mph with no blur.

superbob

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey, would you happen to know if the road hazard warranty covers bad curb rash? I had to avoid someone jumping into my lane and hit the raised curb divider and totally curbed my driver front rim.

UGMK6<3

Ready to race!
damn thats crazy bro. makes me rethink about what plans i got with the car. lol well worth the plans you got. niceeee

p.s. lol i like the shadow