GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY intake heatshield

menios80

Ready to race!
After 1 hour of cutting aluminium pieces i made my own shield hope you like it..

And here is after i have istall insulation heat shield i think it's not as beatifull as in first photos but i hope will work better...:)

And in the car

Στάλθηκε; από το; GT-I9100 μο;υ; χρησιμο;πο;ιώντας Tapatalk 2

WAP

Go Kart Champion
Yasou!

Impressive effort.

illDub6

Ready to race!
idont know what to think of this , but thats in a good way, very creative

A_Bowers

Very interesting. However, heat shields are specifically designed for radiant heat (read open flame or similar) We have no radiant heat source in the engine compartment.

We have a HUGE ambient problem. This setup is good to force cooler outside air into your filter inlet, but once stopped you will find that the ambients will equalize with the engine compartment.

menios80

Ready to race!
Thanks..i'm working also the intake..the same day i will install all intake and heatshield i will first make intake temp measurements with my current set up and with the new one to see if there is any difference..i will post my results asap..

A_Bowers

Thanks..i'm working also the intake..the same day i will install all intake and heatshield i will first make intake temp measurements with my current set up and with the new one to see if there is any difference..i will post my results asap..

Cool! I always like to see DIY jobs. Keep it up!

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
I think all you would need now is to enclose the box. Like Bowers said our engine compartment has a high ambient temperature. By enclosing the box you will have successfully insulated the box from ambient temps and have forced it to use outside air. So pretty much you would have made a Carbonio.

Once school starts rolling hopefully I can make myself one at the schools machine shop.

menios80

Ready to race!
Finaly i finish my project..i decide not to close my heat shield but tried to make it seal to the hood something like bsh..it has a custom intake pipe from a German company hg-motosport and a 80mm 90 elbow aluminum tube from maf to the heatshield i want the full ID of the maf to send as much air i could..because in 2 months it will be another k04 mk6 gti!! uploadfromtaptalk1350766120501.jpg

I also take carbon sheets and add some for look and heat protection..hope you like it..

Στάλθηκε; από το; GT-I9300 μο;υ; χρησιμο;πο;ιώντας Tapatalk 2