GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 05-22-2013, 10:12 PM   #57
carsfeverguy
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2010 Gti
Rolling. Rolling. Rolling.

Love it.
carsfeverguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 08:54 PM   #58
djaikon
Oval Champion

Drives: 2012 GTI
How's the clutch doing now? I'm looking at options as my CM FX350 just shit the bed after a year.
Old 03-10-2014, 09:37 PM   #59
lilfleck

Drives: '11 GTI Autobahn, DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by djaikon View Post
How's the clutch doing now? I'm looking at options as my CM FX350 just shit the bed after a year.
what happened to it?
lilfleck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 09:38 PM   #60
djaikon
Oval Champion

It's slipping on WOT in 3rd-6th gear. Stock, 91 and 93 octane settings. Not too happy about it either
Old 03-10-2014, 09:53 PM   #61
dcpppf
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2012 VW GTI Autobahn
I've got about 4k on mine now and it's holding up great. Absolutely no complaints.
2012 CSG GTI MT Autobahn Timeline: 20% Tint // Clear Bra // APR Stage 1 Tune // DG Short Shifter // Verdict Shifter Bushings // 10" Uberstealth Sub Setup // Soundaktor Delete // BFI Dogbone Insert // APR 3" Downpipe & Tune // ECS Auto Hatch Pop // DEPO Black Cherry Tails // R8 Packs // Tinted Side Markers // Sachs SRE Clutch + PP // DV+ // Shortened Shifter Shaft // deAutokey LEDs // Polar FIS Adv// Euro Headlight Switch // Dash Cubby // Unitronic CAI (replaced Carbonio) // Unitronic Catback
dcpppf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 09:11 AM   #62
JitteryJoe
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: 2012 VW GLI
Bringing this thread back from the dead. Does anyone know if there is a US distributor for these yet? I think Kerma TDI might have had them at one point (I have no idea if the GTI/GLI has the same trans as the TDI) but they appear to be out of stock. http://www.kermatdi.com/sachs-sre-cl...-speed-manual/
JitteryJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 09:15 AM   #63
SHOMI
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: 2010 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by JitteryJoe View Post
Bringing this thread back from the dead. Does anyone know if there is a US distributor for these yet? I think Kerma TDI might have had them at one point (I have no idea if the GTI/GLI has the same trans as the TDI) but they appear to be out of stock. http://www.kermatdi.com/sachs-sre-cl...-speed-manual/
Check out Emmanuele Design:

http://www.emmanueledesign.com/colle...kswagen?page=6
Old 04-14-2016, 10:36 AM   #64
JitteryJoe
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: 2012 VW GLI
Yeah, they're a tiny big more expensive and it doesn't say that it includes a TOB. Honestly with the Euro/dollar exchange rate being more favorable now it may just end up being cheaper to ship overseas.
JitteryJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 11:01 AM   #65
SHOMI
Touring Car Newbie

I thought it was expensive when the Canadian dollar was at par!

Get in touch with the owner and ask if it comes with TOB. He's pretty prompt.

Good luck and keep us updated on where you end up sourcing parts from!
Old 04-14-2016, 11:53 AM   #66
JS12
Oval Newbie

Quote:
Yeah, they're a tiny big more expensive and it doesn't say that it includes a TOB. Honestly with the Euro/dollar exchange rate being more favorable now it may just end up being cheaper to ship overseas.
I just got the stage 2 kit a couple of weeks ago from Emmanuele. It didn't come with the TOB but I asked about it and they sent me a link for everything, including the TOB and flywheel bolts. The clutch was shipped directly to me from Germany and arrived much faster than I would have expected. The TOB and bolts came from Emmanuele a couple of days later from California.

One thing to note, Emmanuele sent the 2 piece TOB so I went to a local dealer and picked up the cast one to have installed. Unfortunately (and partially my fault), I left both in the car at the installer and even though I had all the correct parts together in the rear hatch and showed them before the install, they grabbed the 2 piece TOB sitting up front that I was planning to return and installed that instead.

Emmanuele and the shop both said they haven't seen issues with the 2 piece TOB so hopefully mine holds up for as long as I have the car or decide to have a LSD installed, but it might be worth the effort to purchase the one-piece TOB separately. Overall, I am very happy with Emmanuele and would happily buy from them again. I can't blame them for the TOB mix up.
JS12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 11:55 AM   #67
michel
Touring Car Champion

Drives: 330ci
Quote:
I e-mailed sachs directly this week to get a quote, they gave me an even better price than what's listed on their website. E-mail them, see what they can get you. My case was $200 cheaper than Emmanuel (in CAD) for the Stage 1 kit... FYI they also ship UPS Worldwide, which means no brokerage fees etc. you may have to pay some small fee when you get it ($20 or something).
michel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 12:04 PM   #68
SHOMI
Touring Car Newbie

Interesting. I've had the opposite luck with UPS. Always got dinged hard on duties when buying from US. I always request shipping via USPS and pay $0 on duties.
Old 12-02-2016, 10:58 PM   #69
who128
Autocross Champion

Drives: GTI MK6
Would you mind providing the link for us as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS12 View Post
I just got the stage 2 kit a couple of weeks ago from Emmanuele. It didn't come with the TOB but I asked about it and they sent me a link for everything, including the TOB and flywheel bolts. The clutch was shipped directly to me from Germany and arrived much faster than I would have expected. The TOB and bolts came from Emmanuele a couple of days later from California.

One thing to note, Emmanuele sent the 2 piece TOB so I went to a local dealer and picked up the cast one to have installed. Unfortunately (and partially my fault), I left both in the car at the installer and even though I had all the correct parts together in the rear hatch and showed them before the install, they grabbed the 2 piece TOB sitting up front that I was planning to return and installed that instead.

Emmanuele and the shop both said they haven't seen issues with the 2 piece TOB so hopefully mine holds up for as long as I have the car or decide to have a LSD installed, but it might be worth the effort to purchase the one-piece TOB separately. Overall, I am very happy with Emmanuele and would happily buy from them again. I can't blame them for the TOB mix up.
who128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 11:25 PM   #70
zrickety
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: 10 GTI CSG DSG K04 4DR 130k+
Link is just a few posts up. This would be my choice with their SMF setup.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTI_likeurmom View Post
Well i did use a breaker bar to snug up that nut instead of a torque wrench.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreasyGinzo View Post
my subframe has been out twice without replacing any bolts and I don't have subframe clunks and my world hasn't ended and my car hasn't blown up.
zrickety is offline   Reply With Quote