GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SRE Clutch - Sachs OEM+ Clutch Review - The real alternative for tunned GTIs!

dcpppf

Ready to race!
I've got about 4k on mine now and it's holding up great. Absolutely no complaints.

SHOMI

Ready to race!

JitteryJoe

Yeah, they're a tiny big more expensive and it doesn't say that it includes a TOB. Honestly with the Euro/dollar exchange rate being more favorable now it may just end up being cheaper to ship overseas.

SHOMI

Ready to race!
I thought it was expensive when the Canadian dollar was at par!

Get in touch with the owner and ask if it comes with TOB. He's pretty prompt.

Good luck and keep us updated on where you end up sourcing parts from!

JS12

Ready to race!
Yeah, they're a tiny big more expensive and it doesn't say that it includes a TOB. Honestly with the Euro/dollar exchange rate being more favorable now it may just end up being cheaper to ship overseas.

I just got the stage 2 kit a couple of weeks ago from Emmanuele. It didn't come with the TOB but I asked about it and they sent me a link for everything, including the TOB and flywheel bolts. The clutch was shipped directly to me from Germany and arrived much faster than I would have expected. The TOB and bolts came from Emmanuele a couple of days later from California.

One thing to note, Emmanuele sent the 2 piece TOB so I went to a local dealer and picked up the cast one to have installed. Unfortunately (and partially my fault), I left both in the car at the installer and even though I had all the correct parts together in the rear hatch and showed them before the install, they grabbed the 2 piece TOB sitting up front that I was planning to return and installed that instead. :(

Emmanuele and the shop both said they haven't seen issues with the 2 piece TOB so hopefully mine holds up for as long as I have the car or decide to have a LSD installed, but it might be worth the effort to purchase the one-piece TOB separately. Overall, I am very happy with Emmanuele and would happily buy from them again. I can't blame them for the TOB mix up.

michel

Ready to race!

I e-mailed sachs directly this week to get a quote, they gave me an even better price than what's listed on their website. E-mail them, see what they can get you. My case was $200 cheaper than Emmanuel (in CAD) for the Stage 1 kit... FYI they also ship UPS Worldwide, which means no brokerage fees etc. you may have to pay some small fee when you get it ($20 or something).

SHOMI

Ready to race!
Interesting. I've had the opposite luck with UPS. Always got dinged hard on duties when buying from US. I always request shipping via USPS and pay $0 on duties.

who128

Ready to race!
Would you mind providing the link for us as well?

I just got the stage 2 kit a couple of weeks ago from Emmanuele. It didn't come with the TOB but I asked about it and they sent me a link for everything, including the TOB and flywheel bolts. The clutch was shipped directly to me from Germany and arrived much faster than I would have expected. The TOB and bolts came from Emmanuele a couple of days later from California.

One thing to note, Emmanuele sent the 2 piece TOB so I went to a local dealer and picked up the cast one to have installed. Unfortunately (and partially my fault), I left both in the car at the installer and even though I had all the correct parts together in the rear hatch and showed them before the install, they grabbed the 2 piece TOB sitting up front that I was planning to return and installed that instead. :(

Emmanuele and the shop both said they haven't seen issues with the 2 piece TOB so hopefully mine holds up for as long as I have the car or decide to have a LSD installed, but it might be worth the effort to purchase the one-piece TOB separately. Overall, I am very happy with Emmanuele and would happily buy from them again. I can't blame them for the TOB mix up.

zrickety

The Fixer
Link is just a few posts up. This would be my choice with their SMF setup.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I'm pretty sure mine has to have somewhere around 20k miles on it now. It's still holding up well.

Dans GTI

Ready to race!
I ended up buying this clutch also, i'll be installing it soon!

Laimface

Ready to race!
My TOB is making a scream when cold so this is getting replaced soon. I want to buy a SACHS kit but I'm not sure what to do.

Car is 2009 GTi with 58k miles

Do I A: buy just clutch and plate (£630 inc TOB)
B: buy clutch, plate and new OEM DMF (£930 inc TOB)
C: buy full clutch plate and single mass (£1230 inc TOB)

Those prices DON'T include labour (Not sure what it'll cost), so that's a thing :(

wat do guys, wat do!

Dans GTI

Ready to race!
My TOB is making a scream when cold so this is getting replaced soon. I want to buy a SACHS kit but I'm not sure what to do.

Car is 2009 GTi with 58k miles

Do I A: buy just clutch and plate (£630 inc TOB)
B: buy clutch, plate and new OEM DMF (£930 inc TOB)
C: buy full clutch plate and single mass (£1230 inc TOB)

Those prices DON'T include labour (Not sure what it'll cost), so that's a thing :(

wat do guys, wat do!

58k miles is a hit or miss for flywheels. Your flywheel may be good or may be bad at that point. In the UK theres a pretty cool company that can help you out.

http://www.darksidedevelopments.co.uk/contact-us/