GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions

Old Yesterday, 09:21 PM   #1
Antman
Go Kart Newbie

Drives: 2013 GTI
Any difference in Detroit rims?

I have a 2013 base. Did my wheel bearings and noticed a wobble around 50 mph that gets a little worse as I go faster. Took my car to get rebalanced and the wobble turned out to be a bent rim. Going to get a replacement but first I was wondering if there are any differences like lighter or darker chrome shades before I get one. I was going to get new wheels but the Detroitís grew on me. Itís pretty crappy in Maine in the winter so I never really got going fast enough to notice. Also I just figured the roads are bad (especially in the winter) and the suspension is so stiff that I was feeling imperfections in the road. Canít wait to get the wheel and feel how stable it is at high speeds. Also glad wheel bearings on volkswagens are relatively easy. I was always intimidated by doing car work but learning that it isnít as hard as it seams as long as you can follow directions. That being said I donít think Iím going to try to carbon clean on my own. Watched that video and think I will get some help for that one. Anyway thanks in advance.
Antman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:31 PM   #2
realcyberbob
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2011 GTI
Send a message via AIM to realcyberbob
There are no differences in Detroits but make sure you don't get Huffs by accident, which are dark gray instead of black.
2011 CW GTI 6-Speed: APR Stage II, APR Carbonio Intake, Clutch Masters FX350 Clutch Kit, 42nd Draft Designs Downpipe, Magnaflow Catback Exhaust, Forge Twintercooler, BFG DV+, Dieselgeek Short Shifter, ECS Dogbone Mount Insert, StopTech Pads & Slotted Rotors, Tyrolsport Brake Stiffening Kit, Golf R LED Tail Lights, CiM Vent Boost Gauge, RNS-510 Navigation, Uber-Stealth Box & 10" Pioneer Sub, Alpine MRP-M500 Amp, 25th Ann. GTI Golfball Shift Knob, Modshack Low Profile Engine Bay Trim, Hankook V12
realcyberbob is offline   Reply With Quote