GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com



Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-14-2012, 11:04 PM   #29
Blackie
Oval Newbie
 
Drives: 2011 CW GTI
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 126
Will P245/65R17 tires fit on stock height
Blackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:29 PM   #30
Aries Pope
FIA GT Newbie
 
Aries Pope's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 GTI Autobahn DSG 4dr Black
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 756
I broke one of the strings that pull up the hatch cover when you open the back. Can I just go to the dealer and get one of these, or is it like you have to buy a small French fry to use the restroom a McDonald's? I can't wait 5000 more miles for my service, it's driving me nuts to put groceries in there without it.
__________________
> APR K04 3.1 | APR IC | UR DP | APR Carbonio | VWR Subframe + 034 Mounts | WALK+
> APR DSG | Enkei Raijin | DG Springs | H&R 26/22 | Unibraces | TyrolSport Deadset
> USP SS Lines | StopTech Pads | TyrolSport Bushings | Boldsport Auto Lights+Puddles
> R20 LED Tails | S2T Paddles | AWE Boost | SuperbrightLEDs | PIAA Fogs
> My Build Thread
Aries Pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:41 AM   #31
quality_sound
FIA World Rally Car Champion
 
Drives: '13 4-door Golf TDI
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Dyess AFB, Abilene, TX
Posts: 668
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamSe7en View Post
I checked it again and it is all gone. There wasn't any on the bottom when it was there either, just the top and it was less that a mm so maybe that's where the seal is. Next time I wash it I just won't use as much water on the back, I kind of used a lot this time to make sure there weren't any leaks.
It might have actually been trapped between the bottom of the housing and the body and only looked like it was in the lens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aries Pope View Post
I broke one of the strings that pull up the hatch cover when you open the back. Can I just go to the dealer and get one of these, or is it like you have to buy a small French fry to use the restroom a McDonald's? I can't wait 5000 more miles for my service, it's driving me nuts to put groceries in there without it.
You're buying a whole new cover.
quality_sound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:45 AM   #32
SkullV
Banned
 
Drives: 2010 Tiguan SE 4Motion
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 4,529
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aries Pope View Post
I broke one of the strings that pull up the hatch cover when you open the back. Can I just go to the dealer and get one of these, or is it like you have to buy a small French fry to use the restroom a McDonald's? I can't wait 5000 more miles for my service, it's driving me nuts to put groceries in there without it.
Yes, you can just purchase the string. You do not need a whole new cover:

http://www.ecstuning.com/ES322198/

OEM part #1K6863447A9B9
SkullV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 05:54 AM   #33
swfloridamk6
Formula 2 Driver
 
swfloridamk6's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CW MK6 Manual
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: SW Florida
Posts: 5,810
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aries Pope View Post
I broke one of the strings that pull up the hatch cover when you open the back. Can I just go to the dealer and get one of these, or is it like you have to buy a small French fry to use the restroom a McDonald's? I can't wait 5000 more miles for my service, it's driving me nuts to put groceries in there without it.
See if they will warranty it.
swfloridamk6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:18 PM   #34
AdamSe7en
FIA GT Newbie
 
AdamSe7en's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 CSG GTI, 2008 CW Rabbit
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Santa Clarita, CA
Posts: 821
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality_sound View Post
It might have actually been trapped between the bottom of the housing and the body and only looked like it was in the lens.
That's what I'm thinking also. I think if there was a gap the water would have leaked into the housing before it evaporated.
AdamSe7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:43 PM   #35
AdamSe7en
FIA GT Newbie
 
AdamSe7en's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 CSG GTI, 2008 CW Rabbit
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Santa Clarita, CA
Posts: 821
Two more stupid questions!

I have halogen headlights and my LED taillights don't have fogs. Would there be a point in getting a euro switch?

Also if I were to upgrade my headlights to Xenons with out LEDs would I have to upgrade to a highline CECM? I thought you only needed highline if you wanted the LED DRLs but I am second guessing this.
AdamSe7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:51 PM   #36
Aries Pope
FIA GT Newbie
 
Aries Pope's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 GTI Autobahn DSG 4dr Black
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 756
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullV View Post
Yes, you can just purchase the string. You do not need a whole new cover:

http://www.ecstuning.com/ES322198/

OEM part #1K6863447A9B9
Ha! Awesome! Thanks! Stupid question thread comes through for me!

Still $16 + SH for a piece of nylon. Ugh. Maybe they'll warranty it if I take it in. I dunno, though. My car is pretty modded, perhaps that affected the hatch string and they will deny my claim outright.
__________________
> APR K04 3.1 | APR IC | UR DP | APR Carbonio | VWR Subframe + 034 Mounts | WALK+
> APR DSG | Enkei Raijin | DG Springs | H&R 26/22 | Unibraces | TyrolSport Deadset
> USP SS Lines | StopTech Pads | TyrolSport Bushings | Boldsport Auto Lights+Puddles
> R20 LED Tails | S2T Paddles | AWE Boost | SuperbrightLEDs | PIAA Fogs
> My Build Thread
Aries Pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:52 PM   #37
AdamSe7en
FIA GT Newbie
 
AdamSe7en's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 CSG GTI, 2008 CW Rabbit
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Santa Clarita, CA
Posts: 821
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aries Pope View Post
My car is pretty modded, perhaps that affected the hatch string and they will deny my claim outright.
Hahahah!
AdamSe7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:59 PM   #38
swfloridamk6
Formula 2 Driver
 
swfloridamk6's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CW MK6 Manual
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: SW Florida
Posts: 5,810
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamSe7en View Post
Two more stupid questions!

I have halogen headlights and my LED taillights don't have fogs. Would there be a point in getting a euro switch?

Also if I were to upgrade my headlights to Xenons with out LEDs would I have to upgrade to a highline CECM? I thought you only needed highline if you wanted the LED DRLs but I am second guessing this.
You can use euro switch to control fogs if you want.

Halogens to rep Xenons, no.
http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45469
swfloridamk6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:01 AM   #39
jackgti
Formula 3000 Driver
 
Drives: vw
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Austin
Posts: 3,184
Don't hate on VW warranty in general, it all depends on the dealer! My dealer is amazing, they fixed my car under warranty when my Water/Meth kit blew the circuit that controls my fuel injectors and fans... and they knew that my kit was the cause, and even helped me find a new location to wire it to!

My questions is- Do you guys ever find your cruise control function freezing up (not letting you control it) like once a month? Maybe has to do with my APR map-switching functions
jackgti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:07 AM   #40
AdamSe7en
FIA GT Newbie
 
AdamSe7en's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 CSG GTI, 2008 CW Rabbit
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Santa Clarita, CA
Posts: 821
Quote:
Originally Posted by swfloridamk6 View Post
You can use euro switch to control fogs if you want.

Halogens to rep Xenons, no.
http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45469
Yeah that's what I thought about the Euro Switch.

If I go OEM Xenons though would I have to upgrade my CECM?
AdamSe7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:07 AM   #41
EJBGTIVI
Formula 2 Champion
 
EJBGTIVI's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 GTI
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Hooterville
Posts: 7,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamSe7en View Post
Two more stupid questions!

I have halogen headlights and my LED taillights don't have fogs. Would there be a point in getting a euro switch?

Also if I were to upgrade my headlights to Xenons with out LEDs would I have to upgrade to a highline CECM? I thought you only needed highline if you wanted the LED DRLs but I am second guessing this.
Euro switch will allow to run your parking lights or fog lights without the headlights

If you are looking to get OEM HIDs you will need the highline CECM.
__________________
Forum Guru/Sticker Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancity2Constantinople View Post
this forum just keeps getting more stupider each day.
R.I.P. Shuggie 2.19.2000 - 3.19.2016
EJBGTIVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:14 AM   #42
AdamSe7en
FIA GT Newbie
 
AdamSe7en's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 CSG GTI, 2008 CW Rabbit
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Santa Clarita, CA
Posts: 821
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJBGTIVI View Post
Euro switch will allow to run your parking lights or fog lights without the headlights

If you are looking to get OEM HIDs you will need the highline CECM.
Damn it. I really don't want to buy a highline. Guess it's either stay halogen or get reps.
AdamSe7en is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.