GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions

Old 02-03-2018, 10:08 PM   #7855
DarienMidnight
Drag Racing Champion

Drives: 2012 vw gti 4dr autobahn
Quote:
Originally Posted by DASVDUB View Post
Farts depend on if you have a cat or not. Looks like you do have one. So it'll be less loud then catless. If you enjoy the sound who cares. If you want more loud, then remove cat or muffler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My catback has no mufflers only resonator. And yes I'm catted DP. I guess the next move is maybe a resonator delete on the aftermarket catback..hope it doesn't sound ugly . If so can it be welded back on without any further issues ?

APR stage 2 / r8 coils / APR stage 1&2 intake / AWE CBE/ APR catted DP so basically i have and APE TBE ( FMOIG: YoungRios_ )
DarienMidnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 01:11 AM   #7856
DASVDUB
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: Basic GTI, loud exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarienMidnight View Post
My catback has no mufflers only resonator. And yes I'm catted DP. I guess the next move is maybe a resonator delete on the aftermarket catback..hope it doesn't sound ugly . If so can it be welded back on without any further issues ?

Do you have smog in Maryland? If not just get a catless downpipe.

2dr 2011 Candy White GTI|APR Stage 2|Godspeed catless dp|Borla catback|Carbonio Stage 1 & 2|Forge Diverter Valve|H&R Super Sports|Koni Orange Struts & Shocks|R8 Coils|NGK BKR7EIX Plugs|Soundaktor delete|20% tint|Mud Flaps|Tiguan H&R lift springs (winter)
DASVDUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 06:13 PM   #7857
Dub_Polo
Autocross Newbie

Drives: 2011 GTI DSG
Looking into the Enkei Performance PDC wheels, but they're 8" instead of my 7.5" Detroits. Is it that much of a different and would they rub more? Also would I still be able to put a 225 Michelin PSS on a 8" tire or would it be stretched?
Old 02-05-2018, 06:16 PM   #7858
Roctre
Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2011 CW GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub_Polo View Post
Looking into the Enkei Performance PDC wheels, but they're 8" instead of my 7.5" Detroits. Is it that much of a different and would they rub more? Also would I still be able to put a 225 Michelin PSS on a 8" tire or would it be stretched?
They will fit perfectly fine and should never rub. That is the recommend no headache wheel set up for these cars. 225 will fit great on them.
Old 02-05-2018, 11:18 PM   #7859
pdan
Oval Newbie

Drives: 2009 VW Jetta TDI (sold), 2013 GTI
So I was changing my oil the other day and decided I should probably check the timing chain tensioner. I have a 2013, so I assume I would have the updated one but something like this I donít exactly want to assume.

After watching the humble mechanic video on it he recommends getting a new plug after you pry your old one off in case you warp the cover and could develop oil leaks. Is this something that should be ordered, or is it a very remote chance of happening?? Iíd happily order one, just want to know if itís something everyone usually does.

pdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 02:42 AM   #7860
snobrdrdan
Formula 2 Champion

Drives: a VW
Send a message via AIM to snobrdrdan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub_Polo View Post
It depends on the offset too, btw
Old 02-06-2018, 08:58 AM   #7861
DASVDUB
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: Basic GTI, loud exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdan View Post
So I was changing my oil the other day and decided I should probably check the timing chain tensioner. I have a 2013, so I assume I would have the updated one but something like this I donít exactly want to assume.

After watching the humble mechanic video on it he recommends getting a new plug after you pry your old one off in case you warp the cover and could develop oil leaks. Is this something that should be ordered, or is it a very remote chance of happening?? Iíd happily order one, just want to know if itís something everyone usually does.

IIRC you don't need to take the timing cover off the mechanism to check what revision you are... I know Jay745 could clarify as he's done a ton of them in Chicago.
2dr 2011 Candy White GTI|APR Stage 2|Godspeed catless dp|Borla catback|Carbonio Stage 1 & 2|Forge Diverter Valve|H&R Super Sports|Koni Orange Struts & Shocks|R8 Coils|NGK BKR7EIX Plugs|Soundaktor delete|20% tint|Mud Flaps|Tiguan H&R lift springs (winter)
DASVDUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 08:53 PM   #7862
KFahey
Oval Newbie

Drives: 2011 MK6 GTI-MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdan View Post

I would just replace the plug it's super cheap, I replaced mine when I checked.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk