GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Window Tint

fastfly

Ready to race!
I'm hoping you guys with window tint can post pictures of your rides as well as what % tints you have on what windows.

I will be tinting a carbon steel so those pictures would be best but any are appreciated.

My2ndGTI

Ready to race!
I'm hoping you guys with window tint can post pictures of your rides as well as what % tints you have on what windows.

I will be tinting a carbon steel so those pictures would be best but any are appreciated.

I picked my carbon grey GTI up yesterday. I am getting the windows tinted this afternoon. I may also get new summer rubber on this afternoon to. I will take some pics and post asap.
:thumbup:

DayMan

Ready to race!
Did 22%.. Day time you can still see in a bit , but at night its black, and you gotta get dam close to see in. Looks a bit light in the one image but that's direct sun on the car. I did a strip across the front as well. Sorry for the shitty IPhone images. I will say though I had to bring it back to have the rear window done again, as the GTI can be a pain due to the curved glass of the hatch, so make sure you really look at the job when its done..

Attachments

• 25328_1280508608631_1107535813_30757063_6686202_n.jpg
    25328_1280508608631_1107535813_30757063_6686202_n.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 1,629
  • 25328_1280508648632_1107535813_30757064_3874772_n.jpg
    25328_1280508648632_1107535813_30757064_3874772_n.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 3,367

fastfly

Ready to race!
I picked my carbon grey GTI up yesterday. I am getting the windows tinted this afternoon. I may also get new summer rubber on this afternoon to. I will take some pics and post asap.
:thumbup:

What % are you planning on getting? Summer rubber is a must for this car. I only have contisportcontact 2s but taking highway cloverleafs at 60-70 is awesome.

decapitor

Passed Driver's Ed
One last tint question, does stock windows block any UV?

All automotive glass blocks UVB rays, which cause sunburn, but not UVA rays, which can be damaging to your skin (think skin cancer). Tinting can add UVA resistance as well. Check with the tinting manufacturer for exact figures, but yes tinting can be a very good idea.

drtyjrsy

Ready to race!
All automotive glass blocks UVB rays, which cause sunburn, but not UVA rays, which can be damaging to your skin (think skin cancer). Tinting can add UVA resistance as well. Check with the tinting manufacturer for exact figures, but yes tinting can be a very good idea.

bingo! factory windows is maybe an 85%

heres a 30% indoors. outside its a bit lighter

My2ndGTI

Ready to race!
What % are you planning on getting? Summer rubber is a must for this car. I only have contisportcontact 2s but taking highway cloverleafs at 60-70 is awesome.

I got the darkest that was legal. I think it is 30%, but not sure. I have to go back Saturday to have the back window done. I had to get the car to the tire shop to put on Michelin Pilot Sport PS2s. Haven't been able to test them yet. That will come this weekend.

Once the back window is done, I will take and post pictures.

jgs5607

Ready to race!
Those tints look pretty good; I tinted the rears on my Pilot really dark, but the front seats side windows are legal tint to avoid issues; every state has its own laws on this.

I would not want the "LIMO" look on my GTI, uniform all around like you guys did looks good.

Bigbird

Ready to race!
I got 20% tint. It is dark enough to have some privacy and see out at nite. 5% would be too dark for me.

Grtbear

Here's my CSG 2Dr with 35%.. That should give you a better idea how it'd look if you're getting a CSG too.

And just as a side note, there is no official legal limit for tinting in Ontario. Only guideline is that driver has to be 'clearly' visible.. and that means it's subjective whether or not a cop thinks that your tints are "too dark".. stupid law since there is no objective limit...

I also had 15% on my last MkV and if it was any darker than that, it'd be really hard to see at night.

Attachments

• DSCF6143.jpg
    DSCF6143.jpg
    390.2 KB · Views: 4,858
Last edited: