GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

S.F. Bay Area All Euro Drive & Meet

JT641

Banned
The next drive/meet will be Sunday November 4th (weather permitting) . It will Begin & End up here in Marin County. It will start here in Novato @ Vintage Oaks Shoppong Center go a few miles east, Then go north up into Sonoma County to Santa Rosa, then up & over to Guernville, Then Over to Hwy 1 to go south on Hwy 1 and ending in Fairfax at M&G's Burgers on Sir Francis Drake Blvd. I've been able to checkout most of the route, But not all of it due to mechanical problems (which will be taken care of tomorrow @ 034) But what I did see looks great (some great ocean views) I'll have the full details of the route posted by wednesday. Hope all of you from the last one and more can make it. Sorry I didn't get this up sooner, But between work, Family stuff, & car problems it's been very heck tick.
Anyone with an Audi, BMW, Mecerdes, Mini, Porsche, & VW, is Welcome.

P.S. Also I'll be doing cheat sheet's (specific directions) so nobody get's lost.

Last edited:

Sergio_in_SF

Ready to race!
Sounds awesome. I want to go but can't commit 100% until Saturday.

Is the route nice & twisty like Hwy 9? I hope there's not a lot of slow traffic.

JT641

Banned
Sounds awesome. I want to go but can't commit 100% until Saturday.

Is the route nice & twisty like Hwy 9? I hope there's not a lot of slow traffic.

It's real twisty in some spots as well as some very nice sceneary:thumbsup:, Not much you can do about people that don't know how to drive.:thumbdown: I've made up a flyer if you want to help spread the word you can print it out and hand them out.:D

Flyer vvvvv

Last edited:

JT641

Banned
Ok here goes with more specifc details.

Meet 10am at Vintage Oaks Shopping Center (In Front of the Men's Warehouse & Facing Hwy 101) Here in Novato (I'll be getting breakfast at around 9am at IHOP here in the shopping center if anybody wants to join me), We'll then get on Hwy 101 South and get of at the very next exit Hwy 37 east, We'll travel east on Hwy 37 to Lakeville Hwy Where we will turn left, We will travel along Lakeville for approximately 6 miles until we reach Stage Gulch Rd Hwy 116 where you will turn right you will then take that all the way over to Old Adobe Rd where you will turn left You will stay on Old Adobe Rd until you come to a Stop Sign where you will turn right, Which will keep you on Old Adobe Rd. You will stay on old Adobe Road Until you get to Petaluma Hill Rd (there will be a stop light there), You will then turn right on to Petaluma Hill Rd, You will stay on Petaluma Hill Rd until you get to Yolanda Ave where you will turn left at the signal light. You will stay on yolanda and take it strait on to Hwy 101 North, You will take Hwy 101 North about a mile to Hwy 12 West (Sebastapol). You will then take Hwy 12 west into Sebastapol where just before you come to a signal light you will see a sign (in front of Napa Auto Parts) Hwy 116 Jenner at the signal light you will turn right this will put you on Hwy 116 West/Petaluma Ave. You will then just follow the signs that say Hwy 116 West. The next City/Town you will come too after Sebastapol will be Forestville, After Forestville Will be Guerneville as you are coming into Guerneville you will cross over a bridge which goes over the Russian River once you get across the bridge you will turn left at the signal light to stay on Hwy 116 West. After Guerneville you will go through Guernewood Park, The Next town after that will be Monte Rio and After that you will eventually come to Hwy 1. You will then turn left on to Hwy 1 South & go until you get to Goat Rock State Beach (this will be a great spot for us to take a group picture with the Ocean in the Backround:w00t:. After taking a break at the beach we will continue south on Hwy 1 till we get to Point Reyes/Petaluma Rd where we will turn left we will then go down Point Reyes/Petaluma Rd till we get to Nicasio Valley Rd where we will then turn right on to Nicasio Valley and stay on that until we come to where it ends at Sir Francis Drake Blvd (right in between San Geronimo Golf Course). We will then turn left on to Sir Francis Drake Blvd and go down it until we reach M&G's Burgers in Fairfax.:D

I may make some changes to this friday night after I drive it to see how long this route is. So I'll keep you posted, So stay tuned for updates.:D

Last edited:

JT641

Banned
Come on Guys & Gals, We're going to get fewer & fewer days like this sunday as winter wears on, So let's get out there and enjoy these clear days when we can.:D

It's not easy organizing something like this by myself in my limited free time as this is not a professionally run event, It's just me trying to create something fun for all of us car nut's to enjoy. So let's get out there & have some fun.:w00t:

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
It's not easy organizing something like this by myself in my limited free time as this is not a professionally run event, It's just me trying to create something fun for all of us car nut's to enjoy. So let's get out there & have some fun.:w00t:

I agree with you. The last time I organized an event it was a PITA but, seeing all the GTI's together and everyone having a great time is well worth it.

madbikes

Ready to race!
I would love to come, but have to work on Sunday.

JT641

Banned
I'd be lying if I said I'm not dissapointed at the lack of interest in these drives :confused: :(, Guess I'll have to go back to doing them with just a few friends, Oh well.

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
I'd be lying if I said I'm not dissapointed at the lack of interest in these drives :confused: :(, Guess I'll have to go back to doing them with just a few friends, Oh well.

Don't be discouraged, its just not quite the time of year for drives like this.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

JT641

Banned
Don't be discouraged, its just not quite the time of year for drives like this.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Don't quite agree with it not being that time of year If we lived further north yea then definetly, But we're in sunny California & I'm going to try & do these every 2 weeks as long as the weather cooperates, It was really nice today & it's supposed to be even warmer tomorrow so it's best to take advantage of this nice weather while we can . I guess we'll see who shows up tomorrow??.

very true plus ppl to have other things to do then to go on meets and sh*t happens lol

That's true with all of us (having other things to do) But having fun things to look forward to makes life more enjoyable & interesting.:thumbsup: (Like the title of this car show says "I'm Car Crazy":D)

Also I would like to do this every 2 weeks, Maybe not go for a drive every 2 weeks but just meet up & talk about cars:D, I'm thinking Sunday Night @ 7pm?

Last edited:

JT641

Banned
Ok, All I can say right now is the next one will be on the 18th in either the West Bay or the East Bay. I've got to checkout some routes first. then we'll see.

Changed Title again to S.F. Bay Area "The Germans Are Coming" Drive & Meet.:D

Last edited: