GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Low Oil Pressure Warning

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
Just got one of these flashing at me while stuck in traffic on the MFD, accompanied by a yellow icon on top. I was on my way to grocery 2 mins away so I drove to the lot(as the warning said to keep below 4000 rpm), the light did not reappear on the way to the store from that point on Went in the store and got a rag and checked the oil level and all is normal. Did not see this warning on the way home again. Not sure whats going on. I don't think this is a common issue or a common false alarm neither(one thread I can find here: http://golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19774&highlight=oil+pressure+warning). The car is at 28.8k miles and I did my last oil change at 25k miles. I might give the dealer a call on monday to book a time to check it out...

nino196

Passed Driver's Ed
Same thing happened to me when my car was under 8000 miles. Scare the hell out of me, pulled over right away, checked my oil---it was fine, then I turned the car on, removed the oil cap to see if I felt any pressure, sure did. The light wasn't there when I restarted the car. Now @ 24k miles and never happened again (thanks god!!)