GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

deAutoKey, Color matched rear emblem vinyl review

MaliciousMK6

Go Kart Champion
I recently purchased a gloss red vinyl from deautokey to see how well it would match as a substitute for painting it. I was pleased how they reached out to me and offered to replace it and work with me to ensure their product matched a the tornado red of our cars as closely as possible. I'm currently working with them to help get the best match for these aswell as some other colors.

Below are some preliminary pictures, I got anxious and couldn't wait until next weekend so I put them on in my garage. I will post up some better pictures when I get a chance outside.

Picture on front bumper with flash. ----------------------------------> Picture on rear quarter panel with ambient light no flash.

Picture without emblem installed. ----------------------------------> Picture with rear piano black emblem installed.

First run of this matched quite well, it's a little bit off but hopefully I can help get it dialed in. Since I was replacing the chrome emblem with a piano black one from bold sport I decided this was as best a time as any and put the vinyls on before I replaced the emblem. This may have make it easier. For future reference I'm sure if deautokey provided oversized vinyls we could remove the emblem and apply the vinyls then reinstall the badge to create an event better illusion of a painted rear emblem!

AXO

Go Kart Champion
Looks great! Did you paint the VW Emblem yourself?

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
Thanks, this looks great, the color on these match pretty well, how does it look in person, honest opinion.

I hope to get the samples in 3 weeks, I know :( Very long time but I think the wait might be worth it, they assured me that some of the samples might match that they made. I've learned quickly that trying to get custom made vinyl colors is near impossible and costly.

Thanks again.

MaliciousMK6

Go Kart Champion
Thanks, this looks great, the color on these match pretty well, how does it look in person, honest opinion.

I hope to get the samples in 3 weeks, I know :( Very long time but I think the wait might be worth it, they assured me that some of the samples might match that they made. I've learned quickly that trying to get custom made vinyl colors is near impossible and costly.

Thanks again.

I'll look forward to seeing them and testing them out, I'll make sure to get better lighting pre install. I was just excited get these on!.

TRUTH_34

Ready to race!
any word on the UG color?

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
any word on the UG color?

Hey, all vinyls should be in 2 weeks, we are getting custom colors for almost all popular colors in blue/gray/red. After we get the colors in, we are shipping them to members where they can post which color matches best, then I will place an order for the vinyl and start producing these for everyone here.

We already have a color matched Candy White rear badge vinyl that we cannot keep in stock!

Our vinyls again (I said it a million times) are outdoor rated and UV coated for a long lasting nice looking mod.