GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OEM bluetooth & aftermarket Head Unit

Q822

Ready to race!
Hi guys...

I'm planning put an aftermarket headunit in my GTI mk6...do you know if I can keep the OEM bluetooth system or will I loose it...
I know how to keep the steering control (connects2 system).. I know that I will loose the AC and heating system info which are on the RCD 510 screen but I can live with that...But I don't want to loose the bluetooth system...

thank you

polecat10

I recently switch RCD-310 for alpine HU and desperately wish there is a way to connect the oem bt to the new radio the aftermarket bt piece does not work as seamlessly

JasonH

Ready to race!
It's not possible to use the OEM bluetooth with an aftermarket headunit. However, most of the new aftermarket systems have built in bluetooth.

Edit: I suppose it would be possible in THEORY to wire up the OEM bluetooth audio output to an aux input on the aftermarket headunit but it would be a less then ideal solution, ie switching to aux, pressing the bluetooth button, etc. That's of course if the bluetooth module even works without the factory stereo installed...

I simply used the bluetooth that was built into my AVIC-Z120 and sold the factory bluetooth module for a nice chunk of change.

Last edited:

alva_addict

Ready to race!
My dad's Hummer has Stereo controls on the steering wheel and he's able to use them on his JVC NT-3. Just don't think it's possible to link up the OEM bluetooth system.

JasonH

Ready to race!
My dad's Hummer has Stereo controls on the steering wheel and he's able to use them on his JVC NT-3. Just don't think it's possible to link up the OEM bluetooth system.

We can use the steering wheel controls with an aftermarket headunit, that's no problem at all. Using factory bluetooth is a whole different matter.

Lodi

Go Kart Champion
i might be beating a dead horse here, but i just want to be sure. I've got a Clarion NX501 with parrot bluetooth that i plan on installing in place of the stock 310 when i get my '12 gti. Are you guys sure that i'll be able to use the steering wheel phone control to access the clarion's bluetooth? I know the rest of the steering controls will work (volume, next track, etc) but i thought i'd have to use the on screen controls on the head unit to use the bluetooth. Please tell me i'm wrong...

Last edited:

Lodi

Go Kart Champion
i might be beating a dead horse here, but i just want to be sure. I've got a Clarion NX501 with parrot bluetooth that i plan on installing in place of the stock 310 when i get my '12 gti. Are you guys sure that i'll be able to use the steering wheel phone control to access the clarion's bluetooth? I know the rest of the steering controls will work (volume, next track, etc) but i thought i'd have to use the on screen controls on the head unit to use the bluetooth. Please tell me i'm wrong...

Anybody? So far I know I'll need the SWI jack, but still unclear about above issue. Any info would be greatly appreciated... .. .

Crawfish00

Greaux saints
I just hooked op my pioneer head unit today and actually the whole system(amp sub) i'm gonna switch back to oem because of the Bluetooth not able to work which is messed up my phone will ring threw my speakers but that's it. I bought the adapter for RCA's PAC 35 but it didn't work so I temp. Threw my old mkv head unit in..

elbongo

Ready to race!
Anybody? So far I know I'll need the SWI jack, but still unclear about above issue. Any info would be greatly appreciated... .. .

Hi!
I've got clarion nc501e in my mk6, and I can't use this steering wheel phone control. From SW works only volume,next,before.. that's all.

And about nx501e... maybe you know if i can change lights in this radio from blue to red ?

Sorry for my english, i'm from PL