GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Boost Gauges

Frosty631

Ready to race!
Quick thought I just had I could always purchase the offset mount and gauge and if I get tired of it or don't like the look can just purchase the vent pod then right? Same 52mm gauge and everything if I'm not mistaken

v-dug

Go Kart Champion

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion
When I eventually get a boost gauge, I am going to get the vent mounted one because I personally like the way that looks more.

How difficult is it to install a boost gauge?

I don't think it is difficult at all, here is the DIY for my gauge, if you decide on a gauge that goes on the left vent it should be similar: http://www.conceptsinmotion.net/diy/MK6DIY.pdf

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
CIM is really nice, had it on my GTI. but if you need the best access to the AC (if in really hot climates or you are "big boned" like me) , I'd go AWE in the left vent or the worst visual choice (and what I have now), the steering column one.

Frosty631

Ready to race!
Just saw some pics of a podi set up and looks excellent and smaller then the new south can no one with a podi confirm and/or post pics thanks!

Frosty631

Ready to race!
Just saw some pics of a podi set up and looks excellent and smaller then the new south can no one with a podi confirm and/or post pics thanks!

Any one*

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
is it 52mm? where did you get the pic from? if the pod is 52mm, any size 52mm gauge should be just fined.

A_Bowers

Dude, wait for a bit for us to post...believe it or not we have lives.

Podi gauge is more shallow than the newsouth one.

And it's an electrical gauge....not as accurate.

I've been super pleased with my newsouth one.

Mechanical and simple.

v-dug

Go Kart Champion
That DIY looks very intimidating. Maybe I'll just pay to have it installed, haha. Thanks for the link though.

Here's a link I found for install. It's for the vent mount, but the column mount is the same except for running the tubes/wires on the column. There was another good write-up of that I found somewhere else, but committed it to memory.

Hoping to tackle the install tomorrow, but it's going to be chilly!

http://www.newsouthperformance.com/images/pod/Mk6/Mk6 VentPod Installation Manualv2.pdf

Frosty631

Ready to race!
Dude, wait for a bit for us to post...believe it or not we have lives.

Podi gauge is more shallow than the newsouth one.

And it's an electrical gauge....not as accurate.

I've been super pleased with my newsouth one.

Mechanical and simple.

I didn't mean like post pics now as in stop what your doing lol sorry but thank you for the input that's what my buddy has just a matter of picking the column or vent... Does the new south column go over the oem? Cause podi replaces the oem supposedly

CodexVelerian

Ready to race!
Goes over the OEM...I dont see a point to replacing the OEM steering column panel though. Just one more thing to be laying around the garage.

v-dug

Go Kart Champion
Wow, the trim on that Podi matches the interior brushed steel wonderfully, same width and angle to it; but the face (numbers and tics) don't match.

I have my Newsouth installed now. Looks even better at night since the colors match the interior cluster so well. I might order the brushed steel look trim ring from ECS, though it's so wide it doesn't match the interior steel trim as well. But for $6 it might be worth a shot.

It does seem like my NewSouth is reading a little low, however. With the car off, it is on the low side of 0 (almost touching -1), at idle it is just under -20, and it seems full boost it only barely spikes to 10 on the gauge (reading the forum, stock should be 10-11).

Is this normal, or am I correct in thinking it's a little low? I haven't checked with NewSouth yet....