GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions

Old 12-27-2012, 01:57 AM   #29
MaliciousMK6
Formula 3000 Driver

Drives: 2011 Tornado Red 2Dr 6MT GTI
Looks good, there's a lot of good info in here. I still cant decide on vent or column. The vent looks OEM and the column is easily visible.
MaliciousMK6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:29 PM   #30
v-dug
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2011 GTI APR Stg1, 07 FJ Cruiser
Wow, the trim on that Podi matches the interior brushed steel wonderfully, same width and angle to it; but the face (numbers and tics) don't match.

I have my Newsouth installed now. Looks even better at night since the colors match the interior cluster so well. I might order the brushed steel look trim ring from ECS, though it's so wide it doesn't match the interior steel trim as well. But for $6 it might be worth a shot.

It does seem like my NewSouth is reading a little low, however. With the car off, it is on the low side of 0 (almost touching -1), at idle it is just under -20, and it seems full boost it only barely spikes to 10 on the gauge (reading the forum, stock should be 10-11).

Is this normal, or am I correct in thinking it's a little low? I haven't checked with NewSouth yet....
Originally Posted by lilfleck View Post
I can't help but to notice a dude who's violently choking out his dong in front of me.
v-dug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:32 PM   #31
v-dug
FIA GT Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaliciousMK6 View Post
Looks good, there's a lot of good info in here. I still cant decide on vent or column. The vent looks OEM and the column is easily visible.
I personally dont' think the vent mount looks OEM. Because I've never seen a company mount a gauge inside a vent before! It does look nice and clean, and is easy to return to stock if you so choose. Your choice though, and good luck!
I can't help but to notice a dude who's violently choking out his dong in front of me.
Old 12-27-2012, 04:35 PM   #32
nvturbo
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 2012 VW VERSA hatchback
I have the OSIR vent pod with PODI mechanical boost gauge. No problems/issues whatsoever. Of course, I did fab a piece to block off the vent.

Old 12-27-2012, 04:46 PM   #33
Cheesecake
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2 DR CW MK6 GTI 6MT
How about the P3?

Cheesecake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:48 PM   #34
Frosty631
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2013 White MK6 GTI
Love the p3 just can't come to reasoning as to spending 300+ on a gauge when new south and others are half the price
2013 White MK6 GTI | Giac Xplus | Unitronic Intake | [/color]GFB DV+ | SPM Lowering Springs | SPM Custom Exhaust | SPM Front Sway Bar 26mm | SPM Rear Sway Bar 22mm | H&R Rear Sway Bar 24mm | Eds Cherry Red LED Tails |
Frosty631 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:04 PM   #35
MaliciousMK6
Formula 3000 Driver

Drives: 2011 Tornado Red 2Dr 6MT GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by GS631 View Post
Love the p3 just can't come to reasoning as to spending 300+ on a gauge when new south and others are half the price
+1, so do you guys generally recommend mechanical gauges over electrical? is that a space concern or what?
MaliciousMK6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:14 PM   #36
A_Bowers

Drives: MKVI GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaliciousMK6 View Post
+1, so do you guys generally recommend mechanical gauges over electrical? is that a space concern or what?
Its not as accurate and there is a slight lag.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

Build Thread::Southbend Stage 3 review::SPM Intercooler Review::SPM Full Engine Mount Review
A_Bowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:21 PM   #37
Frosty631
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2013 White MK6 GTI
Does anyone have any other solutions to mounting the steering column casing? I'm starting to lean towards vent because Im not crazy about having to like 3m double side tape it down and leave shit on the oem one if I ever take it off or will I not have that problem
2013 White MK6 GTI | Giac Xplus | Unitronic Intake | [/color]GFB DV+ | SPM Lowering Springs | SPM Custom Exhaust | SPM Front Sway Bar 26mm | SPM Rear Sway Bar 22mm | H&R Rear Sway Bar 24mm | Eds Cherry Red LED Tails |
Frosty631 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:58 PM   #38
v-dug
FIA GT Champion

I would guess you could get tape off with some bumper sticker remover, though I'm not actually sure if that would be good to use on the interior plastic (works great on the exterior of cars). The other big thing though is you have to cut the pleather at the back of the steering column, which is not reversible.

I plan to leave mine in even if I sell the car, so I'm not worried about it.

[EDIT]: Actually, you might could route them around the pleather skirt. Or even just leave it loose, which wouldn't look as good, but would make it completely reversible.
Old 12-28-2012, 12:33 AM   #39
A_Bowers

Drives: MKVI GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by v-dug View Post
I would guess you could get tape off with some bumper sticker remover, though I'm not actually sure if that would be good to use on the interior plastic (works great on the exterior of cars). The other big thing though is you have to cut the pleather at the back of the steering column, which is not reversible.

I plan to leave mine in even if I sell the car, so I'm not worried about it.

[EDIT]: Actually, you might could route them around the pleather skirt. Or even just leave it loose, which wouldn't look as good, but would make it completely reversible.
Didn't cut the leather...........drilled a hole right below the gauge.

Build Thread::Southbend Stage 3 review::SPM Intercooler Review::SPM Full Engine Mount Review
A_Bowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:36 AM   #40
Cheesecake
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2 DR CW MK6 GTI 6MT
The 300 also gives you Air intake temperature, along with other readings.

My favorite is the 0-60.
Cheesecake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:39 AM   #41
Do Work, Son
FIA Formula 1 Champion

Drives: A car.
I just put mine on an A pillar mount. It covers the airbag so I have to drive safe.

/kidding
Do Work, Son is offline   Reply With Quote