GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Boost Gauges

v-dug

Go Kart Champion
Looks good, there's a lot of good info in here. I still cant decide on vent or column. The vent looks OEM and the column is easily visible.

I personally dont' think the vent mount looks OEM. Because I've never seen a company mount a gauge inside a vent before! It does look nice and clean, and is easy to return to stock if you so choose. Your choice though, and good luck!

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
I have the OSIR vent pod with PODI mechanical boost gauge. No problems/issues whatsoever. Of course, I did fab a piece to block off the vent.

Frosty631

Ready to race!
Love the p3 just can't come to reasoning as to spending 300+ on a gauge when new south and others are half the price

A_Bowers

+1, so do you guys generally recommend mechanical gauges over electrical? is that a space concern or what?

Its not as accurate and there is a slight lag.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

Frosty631

Ready to race!
Does anyone have any other solutions to mounting the steering column casing? I'm starting to lean towards vent because Im not crazy about having to like 3m double side tape it down and leave shit on the oem one if I ever take it off or will I not have that problem

v-dug

Go Kart Champion
I would guess you could get tape off with some bumper sticker remover, though I'm not actually sure if that would be good to use on the interior plastic (works great on the exterior of cars). The other big thing though is you have to cut the pleather at the back of the steering column, which is not reversible.

I plan to leave mine in even if I sell the car, so I'm not worried about it.

[EDIT]: Actually, you might could route them around the pleather skirt. Or even just leave it loose, which wouldn't look as good, but would make it completely reversible.

A_Bowers

I would guess you could get tape off with some bumper sticker remover, though I'm not actually sure if that would be good to use on the interior plastic (works great on the exterior of cars). The other big thing though is you have to cut the pleather at the back of the steering column, which is not reversible.

I plan to leave mine in even if I sell the car, so I'm not worried about it.

[EDIT]: Actually, you might could route them around the pleather skirt. Or even just leave it loose, which wouldn't look as good, but would make it completely reversible.

Didn't cut the leather...........drilled a hole right below the gauge. :)

Cheesecake

Ready to race!
The 300 also gives you Air intake temperature, along with other readings.

My favorite is the 0-60.

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
I just put mine on an A pillar mount. It covers the airbag so I have to drive safe.

/kidding