GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Auto Euroswitch + Aftermarket Light Sensor *Installed*

Arash007ir

Ready to race!
I got my Euroswitch yesterday and managed to install it today.

Winter is so not the time for doing mods.

Headlight switch + Module: $32.58

Shipping: 5.69

Here is where I got it from:

http://www.buychina.com/

Headlight switch:

Light sensor module:

Forgot to order trigger wire, had to make one myself:

Light sensor:

The switch:

Cheers,

Arash

Last edited:

sharky1

Passed Driver's Ed
Thinking about doing something similar. Does your GTI have KESSY? I was reading another thread where it mentioned something along the lines that the car won't lock via KESSY if the lights are on AUTO. Rather, you have to lock it via the fob. Are you able to speak to this?

Arash007ir

Ready to race!
Thinking about doing something similar. Does your GTI have KESSY? I was reading another thread where it mentioned something along the lines that the car won't lock via KESSY if the lights are on AUTO. Rather, you have to lock it via the fob. Are you able to speak to this?

Well, I'm trying to remember if I turn it off or left it on auto when I locked the car, but I remember locking it by touching the handle.

I'll try that tomorrow just to make sure.

sharky1

Passed Driver's Ed
Similarly priced on ECS, yes. There are some other ones on there that are also much cheaper than ECS.

Johnny Two Tone

Ready to race!
I have basically the same thing in my car. Though, I bought mine from Boldsport. It's super easy to install and works as advertised. I really like the Auto feature, but I need to install a rear fog to take advantage of that option.

Arash007ir

Ready to race!
How was the transaction with them and how long did it take to arrive?

This website apparently does not carry any items. As I found out, this website is an English version of this (taobao.com) website. After you purchased all your items on their website, they order those off the original website and send them to you. They are kind of a third party company.

Because I order multiple items they had to wait for all items to arrive and then ship them together. That and the Christmas rush wasn't helping either, so it took about a month.

You can choose a faster shipping carrier, but gotta pay more.

Arash007ir

Ready to race!
I have basically the same thing in my car. Though, I bought mine from Boldsport. It's super easy to install and works as advertised. I really like the Auto feature, but I need to install a rear fog to take advantage of that option.

I like that it palyed a melody when I connected the conncetor.:p

Kinda freaked out first, I thought something got screwed up:D

Arash007ir

Ready to race!
I'm interested in your feedback regarding these parts and their quality.

There are two kinds of OEM parts for Volkswagen vehicles on this website as I noticed browsing their website.

They both are genuine, but some made in china and some made in Spain, Germany, etc.

The ones made in china are not fake, but, I assume they are made for VW China. For domestic use or something like that. And of course cheaper.

The quality as you can tell from the pictures are almost the same as you get on your car.

Plus, the switch I took off my car (the one that came with the car) was made in Mexico.

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
Can you post a pic of the install from the interior? I'd like to see where the sensor is placed. How was the install process?

That camera looks tempting.