GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > Golf R 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 01-01-2013, 07:51 PM   #1
ahuang1983
Drag Racing Champion

Drives: Golf R
which company offer best stage 2+

Hello guys

Recently I got intake and catless downpipe installed. Going to get hpfp, in the coming week. I was wondering is there a company that is better for catless. I originally wanted Apr since I had Apr on my mk5, but the dealer isn't a Apr dealer no more. There is a shop I go to now that I like. But they are far and only carry unitronic. According to unitronic's website. They are optimised for downpipe with cat.
Any personal experience or simular setup please let me know.

Thanks
ahuang1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:09 PM   #2
thedude4bides
Formula 1 Driver

Drives: '12 Golf R
I'm 1+, but on Vortex the 2+ guys love APR, GIAC, & UM.
thedude4bides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:09 PM   #3
MKV Aaron
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

I am an APR guy, always will be.

I'd pick the company that has the best local shop, customer service is how I'd shop these. Luckily I have 2 good APR dealers within 20 minutes.

PS, make sure you factor in the price of a clutch with your 2+, its pretty much a guarantee.
MKV Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:20 PM   #4
ahuang1983
Drag Racing Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKV Aaron View Post
I am an APR guy, always will be.

I'd pick the company that has the best local shop, customer service is how I'd shop these. Luckily I have 2 good APR dealers within 20 minutes.

PS, make sure you factor in the price of a clutch with your 2+, its pretty much a guarantee.
Totally forgot about the clutch. Well there was an Apr dealer within 10 min of me. But on the apr website, they didn't list them as authorized dealer anymore. The only apr dealer are far and I heard some bad reviews.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:23 PM   #5
mwrmt
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2012 MKVI R
Send a message via Yahoo to mwrmt
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahuang1983 View Post
Hello guys

Recently I got intake and catless downpipe installed. Going to get hpfp, in the coming week. I was wondering is there a company that is better for catless. I originally wanted Apr since I had Apr on my mk5, but the dealer isn't a Apr dealer no more. There is a shop I go to now that I like. But they are far and only carry unitronic. According to unitronic's website. They are optimised for downpipe with cat.

Thanks

If you want to stay with APR, check out Warren and the guys at RPI in Richmond. They are "THE APR" retailer in BC.

RPI Equipped

2012 Deep Black Pearl "R" back on PSS10's; APR Stage 2+(v3.31) w/Neuspeed CAI, TOP & Charge pipe; APR HPFP & TBE; Audi R8 coilpacks; 42DD shifter bushings; TyrolSport Solid Shifter Bracket Bushings, Neuspeed RSe52's on Michelin PSS...
mwrmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:14 AM   #6
Knight
Oval Newbie

Drives: MK6 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahuang1983 View Post
Hello guys

Thanks

If you want to go with Unitronic, CTS Turbo is in BC
http://www.unitronic-chipped.com/dealer/156
Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:01 AM   #7
ahuang1983
Drag Racing Champion

Oh I know where the tuners are. I was just wondering which company is good for catless.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:17 PM   #8
drhiggens
Oval Newbie

I have been very pleased with the apr 2+ tune. I know that they may not make the most in raw numbers but the curves are really nice and I know they work hard to make sure that it is reliable power. and that is a key thing for me.
drhiggens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:58 PM   #9
Hurdy
Rally Car Champion

Drives: Steel Grey Golf .:R DSG
I've had Revo and GIAC stage 2+ maps and the GIAC map gets my vote.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:30 PM   #10
GTI_likeurmom
GolfMK6 Elite

Drives: Veyron 16.4
go with a tuner that is close by incase you need help with something.
I cut the tether off. When I get to the pump, I remove the cap and chuck it into the nearest bush, patch of trees, or some sort of wet lands. I pump gas. Then I spend anywhere from 5 to 165 minutes retrieving the cap. I screw it back on and drive away. I'm not letting it dangle against the paint and I don't know any better way.
GTI_likeurmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:27 PM   #11
ahuang1983
Drag Racing Champion

So I got quoted 700 dollar for unitronic stage2+ software today. I don't get why people say apr cost more. Also for 700 I don't get switch or any setting. Anyone with unitronic can tell me why its worth it?
Old 01-08-2013, 08:49 PM   #12
Dmueller343
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2013 RB Golf R
Goapr!! Ftw. Program switching, great customer service, and the fact that there are so many apr friendly authorized Vw dealerships. Not to mention great numbers and smooth powerband. Heard good things about giac as well though
2013 2-Door Rising Blue Golf R, APR Stage 3 Turbo | APR HPFP | APR FMIC | APR RFD | Carbonio Intake | Roc-Euro Midpipe | Magnaflow Catback | Haldex Race Controller | SB Stage 3 Endurance Clutch | DG Short Shifter | BFI Shift Knob | ST Coilovers | H&R Rear Sway Bar | Dogbone Insert | OEM LED Taillights | NSP Boost Guage | 15% Tints All Around | Color Matched Emblems and Sidemarkers | Black Powdercoated Wheels | Maxed Interior Mods |
Dmueller343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:50 PM   #13
Dmueller343
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2013 RB Golf R
I do love the unitronic females they have at their booth at shows though!
2013 2-Door Rising Blue Golf R, APR Stage 3 Turbo | APR HPFP | APR FMIC | APR RFD | Carbonio Intake | Roc-Euro Midpipe | Magnaflow Catback | Haldex Race Controller | SB Stage 3 Endurance Clutch | DG Short Shifter | BFI Shift Knob | ST Coilovers | H&R Rear Sway Bar | Dogbone Insert | OEM LED Taillights | NSP Boost Guage | 15% Tints All Around | Color Matched Emblems and Sidemarkers | Black Powdercoated Wheels | Maxed Interior Mods |
Dmueller343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:42 AM   #14
skateboy918
Touring Car Champion

Drives: 07 VW GLI
anything but revo
skateboy918 is offline   Reply With Quote