GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions

Old 01-04-2013, 01:47 AM   #57
MaliciousMK6
Formula 3000 Driver

Drives: 2011 Tornado Red 2Dr 6MT GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToMMyGuN View Post

Looks good but be careful of these and just like ebay read the entire listing. Keep in mind that you may not get what you want if anything at all so consider a total loss when purchasing.

Also the taillights you listed for $175 does say "left" only the whole set is $350

There are a lot of items that should be sold in pairs but are sold individually to show a lower price! When they list "1 unit" it will generally mean just one even if the picture shows otherwise.
MaliciousMK6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:49 AM   #58
ToMMyGuN
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: 2009 Pontiac G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaliciousMK6 View Post
Looks good but be careful of these and just like ebay read the entire listing. Keep in mind that you may not get what you want if anything at all so consider a total loss when purchasing.

Also the taillights you listed for $175 does say "left" only the whole set is $350

There are a lot of items that should be sold in pairs but are sold individually to show a lower price! When they list "1 unit" it will generally mean just one even if the picture shows otherwise.
Ahh, good catch, will update prices!
Old 01-04-2013, 01:50 AM   #59
aw614
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2011 CW MKVI GTI
http://www.buychina.com/items/new-go...ox-ttpworsokhm

well why bother paying 200 for one now
aw614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:52 AM   #60
littleazn248
Formula 3000 Driver

Drives: Audi SQ5/ F30 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaliciousMK6 View Post

Nice catch I can rest easy knowing that my cheapiness has not failed me lmfao. I guess you really have to read the fine print and like you said assume a loss. I would feel ok purchasing little things from this site but something big like say a Golf R bumper i would question. Even if they did send it to you would it be in one piece?
Old 01-04-2013, 01:56 AM   #61
littleazn248
Formula 3000 Driver

http://www.buychina.com/items/golf-g...ws-wqtrnpsqkjp
I guess the bumpers fit good.
Old 01-04-2013, 02:09 AM   #62
MaliciousMK6
Formula 3000 Driver

Drives: 2011 Tornado Red 2Dr 6MT GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleazn248 View Post
lol you have no idea if thats their bumper or not. I would put money of those just being stock photos of OEM golf R bumpers. People have already mentioned they saw pictures of boardmembers cars with just watermarks added.
MaliciousMK6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:17 AM   #63
bialymike
Rally Car Champion

Drives: '10 2dr CSG GTI 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawbdog View Post
minus Hondas, i have yet to own ANYTHING made in China that hasn't broken on me.i would say don't do it.
Dude, last I checked hondas are made in japan, not china...probably why they dont break. Sorry but I couldnt resist.

Back on topic, sub'd to see what other goodies people can find. Probably wont be ordering anything electrical, or costlier (as in terms of the prices on the site) items like bumpers and whatnot till someone posts up how they stand the test of time. But lower costing items that have less of a tendency to fail like the non slip ashtray cover, dash cubby and euro cup holder id have no prob buying.

Best of luck to those buying costlier items, I hope they hold up for you and dont crap out. Anxiously awaiting to see how they hold up.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
bialymike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:21 AM   #64
ToMMyGuN
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: 2009 Pontiac G8 GT
I am going to give this a go:

http://www.buychina.com/items/volksw...a-zyxtsrrsnpi#

Getting the Black R logo w/ red stitching. For $6.45 shipped, why not?
Old 01-04-2013, 02:28 AM   #65
bialymike
Rally Car Champion

Screw what I just said about coslier items...cant stop staring at this and thinking about what it would like like wirh a stage 1&2 carbonio :

http://www.buychina.com/items/volksw...ard-txpoolnsnk
Old 01-04-2013, 02:35 AM   #66
littleazn248
Formula 3000 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialymike View Post
Dude, last I checked hondas are made in japan, not china...probably why they dont break. Sorry but I couldnt resist.
Imho I don't care where the item was made. It makes no difference, it's all about quality control. Look at all the Apple devices; iPhone, Macbook Air, Etc. those are all made in China. Also consider the fact that some items are made in china and shipped back to Italy so they can stamp "Made in Italy" on it. You could have items made in Japan and it could be pure junk. Most people are just used to the stereotype of what country makes things better. The true test of quality comes with the use of the product.
Old 01-04-2013, 02:38 AM   #67
rawbdog
FIA Formula 1 Champion

Drives: Bird shit stained cute snatchback
Quote:
Originally Posted by bialymike View Post

Back on topic, sub'd to see what other goodies people can find. Probably wont be ordering anything electrical, or costlier (as in terms of the prices on the site) items like bumpers and whatnot till someone posts up how they stand the test of time. But lower costing items that have less of a tendency to fail like the non slip ashtray cover, dash cubby and euro cup holder id have no prob buying.

Best of luck to those buying costlier items, I hope they hold up for you and dont crap out. Anxiously awaiting to see how they hold up.

Your just splitting hairs now. Doesn't really matter anything made over there sucks.
rawbdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:44 AM   #68
bialymike
Rally Car Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleazn248 View Post
Imho I don't care where the item was made. It makes no difference, it's all about quality control. Look at all the Apple devices; iPhone, Macbook Air, Etc. those are all made in China. Also consider the fact that some items are made in china and shipped back to Italy so they can stamp "Made in Italy" on it. You could have items made in Japan and it could be pure junk. Most people are just used to the stereotype of what country makes things better. The true test of quality comes with the use of the product.
I agree with you about quality control, but thats hard to do in china where theres so many people there working for less than a dollar an hour. Cheap money good price, you know? But me quoting him was mainly because his post made it seem like he thought HONDAS were the only thing that CAME OUT OF CHINA that didnt break.

Back on topic:

http://www.buychina.com/items/jsk-go...e-b-qypqupkjmh

Anyone else notice that "jsk tuning" has an identical logo and phrase as ecs tuning lol. Oh the things you can find on buychina lmao

Old 01-04-2013, 02:52 AM   #69
aw614
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2011 CW MKVI GTI
Any one find the under dash tray?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawbdog View Post
Your just splitting hairs now. Doesn't really matter anything made over there sucks.
can't differentiate between china and japan I see and have an elitest view that things from asia are crap
aw614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:55 AM   #70
DasAuto1295
Formula 3000 Driver

Drives: DBP '11 6MT 2dr
subbed to see what people can find... interesting stuff, i was browsing the clothing and watches too hehe funny chinese stuff, i always like browsing through websites like this
Instagram @bcrandeis
DasAuto1295 is offline   Reply With Quote