GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tyrol Sport Shifter Bushings Review

Dom1

Ready to race!
Hey guys, just got my bushings in the mail from Chris at Tyrol sport!

First things first, I would like to thank chris for some awesome customer service and quick replies. Chris is probably the friendliest guy I have dealt with from any company and I would reccomend Tyrolsport as a company alone, not just the awesome products!

Now, onto what came in.

The Deadset frame bushings and brake caliper bushings will be installed at a later time, so stayed tuned for that stuff.

A lot of people will have a hard time forking up the money for these bushings as they may seem over priced, but if you want awesome customer service and a product that fits like a glove, look no further.

At first glance I was wondering - where the heck do these bushings go, as I look further into the shifter mechanism I see 3 black rubber bushings that have a metal insert - those are the suckers I needed to remove. Install was a little tedious and space was tight, but I actually removed all the bushings with the mount still in place, its 2 bolts and 1 nut. Heres 2 pics of the new bushings vs old.

Once I got these isntalled, i tightened up the bolt and screws and re installed my carbonio.

Looking at the location of the bushings, I thought to myself, "they cant make that much of a difference" considering its not the bushings that are replaced in the linkages. Another thought, the oem rubber bushings werent that soft, it was a pretty hard rubber.. but let me tell you, these bushings ROCK!

I went for a quick boot around the block and that rubbery shifter feel is gone! Banging through each gear makes me smile more than before - everyone here knows how awesome this car is to shift gears through, except those pesky DGS guys.. but it seriously feels so much better then it did before.

For 50 bucks I can seriously say its the best mod on my car FEEL wise, and I would buy these bushings again if I had to. Thank you to Chris again, and I will be sure to review the other bushing sets as well once they are installed, im sure they wont dissapoint.

I might as well throw in what I did yesterday as well, I didnt like the chrome tips on my car, so I decided to black them out. Disregard my dirty car, shes my daily and will be cleaned soon :)

Thanks for reading! :D

Avant

Ready to race!
Awesome! I'll keep this in mind :)

Wash your car man D:

smrtypants44

Go Kart Champion
I noticed that my bushings made my shifter have a lot more weight to it. Also I couldn't get the third oem bushing to come off cause its half plastic half rubber.

Dom1

Ready to race!
I noticed that my bushings made my shifter have a lot more weight to it. Also I couldn't get the third oem bushing to come off cause its half plastic half rubber.
The tyrol sport bushings arent put on any of the linkages, they replace the mount bushings, so it doesnt make the shifter feel any heavier.

allset

Go Kart Champion
i have the dead set kit, after loseing a subframe bolt completely i had Tyrol install the kit. still rock solid.

any pics of the shift bushings installed?

allset

Go Kart Champion
do they work with the S3 short shift?

balius

Go Kart Champion
Any idea if they'd work with after market short shifters like dieselgeek?

Dom1

Ready to race!
No pics of them installed, but I am installing my s3 short shifter next week so ill snap some then! And i dont see it being a problem with any aftermarket SS considering that you keep the oem bracket.

allset

Go Kart Champion
No pics of them installed, but I am installing my s3 short shifter next week so ill snap some then! And i dont see it being a problem with any aftermarket SS considering that you keep the oem bracket.

cool thx.

so wats the most noticable improvement?

allset

Go Kart Champion