GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What Did You Do to Your TDI Today?

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
im probably the only TDI owner out there that does 11k a year lol

I have 15k on mine but once I get the Civic rolling (needs a headliner and fix the interior bits) the TDI mileage accumulation will slow down drastically.

Shutaro

Ready to race!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366138176.729355.jpg

Put this on. Very happy with the results, though I've only taken it for a few mile test drive.

Shutaro

Ready to race!
Yes, went stage 1 on Thursday. NGP Racing didn't have the intake in stock, so they shipped it to me for free. Didn't get a CEL, and I'm not too worried about anything further down the road; like anything else, good sense and proper maintenance will hopefully suffice :)

I like the sound...I don't feel like I'm obnoxious leaving my townhouse neighborhood, but it's a nice deep rumble, and you can really hear the turbo spooling.

Regarding power increase: as others have noted, there's an immediate difference in throttle response. The car feels quicker as a result, even if it's just that reduced lag. I'm probably crazy, but I feel like I'm noticing the difference between having this and not more than I noticed the tune.

I didn't work today, but have my normal 38 miles of open highway commute tomorrow, so I'll update with further impressions and mileage (though I'm a little lead-footed right now, as I'm sure you understand) ;)

Shutaro

Ready to race!
First commute after the intake installation. Average mileage 46.1 on the mfd, with some spirited driving, though not too much. I know that the mfd is wrong, but it's still a good tool for comparison; I was hitting 45-47 before tuning, so doesn't look like it's going to hurt things any :)

Defcon888

Passed Driver's Ed
I parked my Golf TDI into the garage for a short summer storage, because I'm going to play with this gal for a while... :fighting0030:

gregsju29

Go Kart Champion
Yes, went stage 1 on Thursday. NGP Racing didn't have the intake in stock, so they shipped it to me for free. Didn't get a CEL, and I'm not too worried about anything further down the road; like anything else, good sense and proper maintenance will hopefully suffice :)

I like the sound...I don't feel like I'm obnoxious leaving my townhouse neighborhood, but it's a nice deep rumble, and you can really hear the turbo spooling.

Regarding power increase: as others have noted, there's an immediate difference in throttle response. The car feels quicker as a result, even if it's just that reduced lag. I'm probably crazy, but I feel like I'm noticing the difference between having this and not more than I noticed the tune.

I didn't work today, but have my normal 38 miles of open highway commute tomorrow, so I'll update with further impressions and mileage (though I'm a little lead-footed right now, as I'm sure you understand) ;)

How is first and second gear? Spinning tires a lot?

Shutaro

Ready to race!
How is first and second gear? Spinning tires a lot?

Nope, and roads were wet on my drive in today. Maybe if my tires had more wear, but I honestly don't think the tune is that aggressive. Or it may be that I just don't accelerate off the line that aggressively; IMHO this car (and the tune) really shine in third and fourth, so that's when I get punchy.

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
Not just today; but I'm running some "real world" testing on various Optilube products to see how they stack up.

Since this thread has died off I figured I would add this in case anyone wanted to read a bit

Optilube Testing

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
Not just today; but I'm running some "real world" testing on various Optilube products to see how they stack up.

Since this thread has died off I figured I would add this in case anyone wanted to read a bit

Optilube Testing

i have yet to use any additives. i run the card pretty hard i dont THINK i need to. anyone think i should try it out?

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
Parked it in the underground parking garage at work :D

Veejster

Passed Driver's Ed
Traded :(... With almost 70k miles, it was time to go our separate ways. Plus I wanted to snag one of the last few MK6s. I'm was pleasently suprised to find that the GTI came with the euro dash cubby!