GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com



Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > VW Golf R Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 04:18 PM   #1
-yz-
Drag Racing Champion
 
-yz-'s Avatar
 
Drives: Golf R
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 66
HELP: Looking for LED turn signal bulbs & rear fog light bulb

I'm running Ed's LED tails right now, proper coding & no errors. I've been searching for some time now on purchasing the proper "no-error" LED bulbs to replace the rear fog as well as the turn signals.

Can someone link me to known-working (non-error) bulbs that will work? I guess I'll need 1 red led and 2 yellow for the turns.
-yz- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:31 PM   #2
thedude4bides
Formula 1 Driver
 
thedude4bides's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 Golf R
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: usa
Posts: 8,989
Ed's bulbs went out on you?
thedude4bides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:43 PM   #3
JhnR
Banned
 
Drives: Lemon mk6 GTI
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: 818, CA
Posts: 12,197
For the turn signals i used Bold Sport. Their nice crisp and no error.

http://www.bold-sport.com/store/inde...product_id=221
JhnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:27 PM   #4
-yz-
Drag Racing Champion
 
-yz-'s Avatar
 
Drives: Golf R
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by JhnR View Post
For the turn signals i used Bold Sport. Their nice crisp and no error.

http://www.bold-sport.com/store/inde...product_id=221
Right, have them in my shopping cart now. Trying to find an LED for the fog light replacement is killer tho'.
-yz- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 03:05 PM   #5
-yz-
Drag Racing Champion
 
-yz-'s Avatar
 
Drives: Golf R
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 66
Bumping this back up... still looking for a RED 7440 bulb (assuming 21w) for my rear fog light. The Ed's tails I got only had the white bulb in the rear tail light so when I activate the rear fog it shines up white. Booooo.

Preferably error free LED (if they even make that?)
-yz- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 03:40 PM   #6
Vancity2Constantinople
Banned
 
Drives: OO------OO
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Is Unknown
Posts: 11,776
it's because you bought the non fog option..

they aren't a simple bulb change. its integrated into the taillight with 3 super bright leds. and cannot be taken out if you had to option for rear fog.

sure you can add a bulb to your no fog option tailights, but won't look oem.
Vancity2Constantinople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:23 PM   #7
DSGVW
Formula 3000 Champion
 
DSGVW's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 CSG GTI DSG
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: PA, USA
Posts: 4,124
Led signals are easy nowadays. Just grab some 7w CREE bulbs off fleabay and no error and super bright LEDs. They pull the same juice as halogen bulbs so no error. Just make sure you check the size twice, sometimes they are super long.
DSGVW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 01:21 PM   #8
-yz-
Drag Racing Champion
 
-yz-'s Avatar
 
Drives: Golf R
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancity2Constantinople View Post
it's because you bought the non fog option..

they aren't a simple bulb change. its integrated into the taillight with 3 super bright leds. and cannot be taken out if you had to option for rear fog.

sure you can add a bulb to your no fog option tailights, but won't look oem.
I got the taillights from Ed and they're NOT the OEM ones. I went back in his email to double check and he said, quote "For the rear fog option, you just need to replace the reverse bulb with a red one."

So that's why I'm at where I'm at... just need a bright red alternative thus is why I'm asking. I know I'm not the only one
-yz- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 02:25 PM   #9
jikhead
Oval Newbie
 
Drives: 2013 R 4D N&S, APR Stage 1
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Little Rock, Arkansas
Posts: 130
You should've checked the private parts listings; I have the Bold Sport rear turn signal LEDs for sale that I never used. Hopefully someone else will come along and buy them from me!
jikhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 04:02 PM   #10
ShrekSquatch
FIA GT Newbie
 
ShrekSquatch's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 Oryx White Golf R DSG w/DAP
Join Date: May 2012
Location: (way north of...) Atlanta, GA
Posts: 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSGVW View Post
Led signals are easy nowadays. Just grab some 7w CREE bulbs off fleabay and no error and super bright LEDs. They pull the same juice as halogen bulbs so no error. Just make sure you check the size twice, sometimes they are super long.
All I see are 5w... do you happen to know of any specific bulbs known to work?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
__________________
2016 Oryx White Golf R with DSG, DCC, DAP, and some DIY. Tint, euro tails, hardwired dash cam, JB1, euro folding mirrors, S3 resonator delete, PedalBox
ShrekSquatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 12:42 PM   #11
-yz-
Drag Racing Champion
 
-yz-'s Avatar
 
Drives: Golf R
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwillet View Post
All I see are 5w... do you happen to know of any specific bulbs known to work?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
See, that's the issue I'm finding. I'm trying to find some KNOWN WORKING sets that I can buy with confidence. I've already wasted like 30 bucks on speculation from reading the threads. Not finding any 7w RED 921 bulbs anywhere.
-yz- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 01:04 PM   #12
Vancity2Constantinople
Banned
 
Drives: OO------OO
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Is Unknown
Posts: 11,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by -yz- View Post
I got the taillights from Ed and they're NOT the OEM ones. I went back in his email to double check and he said, quote "For the rear fog option, you just need to replace the reverse bulb with a red one."

So that's why I'm at where I'm at... just need a bright red alternative thus is why I'm asking. I know I'm not the only one
okay, ED sold you a non fog option LOL . and told you to swap in a bulb for one of the reverse lights. The reps have leds in them just like oem. if you want I can post pics for you.
Vancity2Constantinople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:30 AM   #13
-yz-
Drag Racing Champion
 
-yz-'s Avatar
 
Drives: Golf R
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancity2Constantinople View Post
okay, ED sold you a non fog option LOL . and told you to swap in a bulb for one of the reverse lights. The reps have leds in them just like oem. if you want I can post pics for you.
Yea, that's what happened actually. I get it now. I may just sell these & get the OEM's since everything is coded and ready to go. Tired of looking for bulbs
-yz- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:28 PM   #14
funkymcbain
Touring Car Champion
 
Drives: 2010 MKVI GTI
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 259
Ha, I didn't catch the fact that on my invoice it said non fog option as well after requesting the fog so I'm doing the exact same thing as you. Ed sent me some halogen red bulbs to swap in so it's okish, but I want a super bright red LED
funkymcbain is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.