GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Corydd's CW Autobahn DSG

corydd

Go Kart Champion
Corydd's CW Autobahn DSG Build Thread

Got bored today, so I decided to drive some Bay Area mountain roads. I took 84 Woodside all the way to the coast and then followed CA-1 up to CA-92 and back. Those are some fantastic roads! As long as there's not too much traffic anyway. Around sunset I pulled out my iPhone and took a few pics:

Planned future mods include APR stage 1, VWR sport springs, custom powdercoated VMR V718's, gloss black roof, and gloss black emblems.

Cheers,

Cory

Last edited:

corydd

Go Kart Champion
Welcome! I haven't taken my car on a spirited drive yet but will likely do so around there one day soon

You definitely should, 84 is an great road as long as there's not too many cars. It would be great to get a group of Bay Area people together for some "spirited" driving!

corydd

Go Kart Champion
I just picked up my car from 034 Motorsports in Fremont and man, the APR Stage 1 reflash is just as good as I hoped! I wasn't really sure what to expect realistically, but this thing pulls! I'm very happy with the results. Hopefully this will satisfy my horsepower cravings for a while...shout out to 034 Motorsports for the great service!

corydd

Go Kart Champion
Picking up my VMR wheels tomorrow, VWR springs, strut bearings, and Magnaflow CBE are in the mail! Can't wait to get it all on!

Edit: Speaking of which, look what just showed up at the office :D

Last edited:

corydd

Go Kart Champion
My car is slowing taking over our tiny SF apartment. So far my gf is taking it surprisingly well lol. The VMR's are obviously already installed, but still in those boxes are VWR sport springs, strut bearings, and a Magnaflow CBE. That will all be going on this Saturday.

Here's a couple more pics of the wheels:

corydd

Go Kart Champion
Finally got my VWR sport springs and Magnaflow catback installed yesterday. Julio and Jose did a great job! The ride height is exactly what I was looking for and the Magnaflow sounds awesome. Plenty of growl when I want it and quiet at cruising speeds.

biggee72

Go Kart Champion
Holy shit your car just made my heart skip a beat. It's gorgeous and very tasteful. I'd have gotten the wheels in more of a gunmetal or lighter color but nice choice for sure.

corydd

Go Kart Champion
Holy shit your car just made my heart skip a beat. It's gorgeous and very tasteful. I'd have gotten the wheels in more of a gunmetal or lighter color but nice choice for sure.

Thanks :D I originally wanted gloss black wheels but for some reason most manufacturers are only producing a matte black option. It's growing on me though...

corydd

Go Kart Champion
So...I lasted a whole week and a half on my new wheels before I ruined them. I was going about 35 around a bend when I swerved to miss a pothole and drove right into a curb. So awesome. My girlfriend tried to cheer me up for like 5 hours and I was not having it.

Anyway, I found a local shop and as skeptical as I was, they did a great job! Ignore the water marks, they sprayed them down with some Armor All shit. It'll smooth out when it dries.

Rear Before:

Rear After:

Front Before:

Front After:

JT641

Banned
Looking good Cory. I'm jealous of the LED tails.

Who'd you get them from

Welcome! I haven't taken my car on a spirited drive yet but will likely do so around there one day soon

Lots of awesome roads down there, Hwy 1, 35, 9, & 84:thumbsup:, Born & lived down there in San Mateo till I was 34. Got some pretty awesome roads up here to. Did a big group drive down there back in October. But so far my favorite drive though was up here back in November starting in Santa Rosa Hwy 12 to 116 to 1 to Lucas Valley Road. Pics & videos from the last one up here http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50831 Maybe we can hook up & go for a drive some time next month. Got to break in my new clutch before I do any more spirited driving.

So...I lasted a whole week and a half on my new wheels before I ruined them. I was going about 35 around a bend when I swerved to miss a pothole and drove right into a curb. So awesome. My girlfriend tried to cheer me up for like 5 hours and I was not having it.

Anyway, I found a local shop and as skeptical as I was, they did a great job! Ignore the water marks, they sprayed them down with some Armor All shit. It'll smooth out when it dries.

Rear Before:

Rear After:

Front Before:

Front After:

That sucks, I know what that feels like dinged up the 2 rims on the passenger side (at different times). Glad you were able to get them fixed.

Looks like your off to a good start:thumbsup:

corydd

Go Kart Champion
Who'd you get them from

Got them from OnePerfectDose - great guy.

Lots of awesome roads down there, Hwy 1, 35, 9, & 84:thumbsup:, Born & lived down there in San Mateo till I was 34. Got some pretty awesome roads up here to. Did a big group drive down there back in October. But so far my favorite drive though was up here back in November starting in Santa Rosa Hwy 12 to 116 to 1 to Lucas Valley Road. Pics & videos from the last one up here http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50831 Maybe we can hook up & go for a drive some time next month. Got to break in my new clutch before I do any more spirited driving.

Yeah, those are some awesome roads! I'd be totally down to get a Bay Area group of guys together for a mountain carving day.

The first time I drove those roads was when I did an exotic car tour (link!) I got for my birthday. That was honestly one of the best days of my life. I got to drive:

Porsche Boxter S (Was supposed to be an Aston, but it broke down before the tour started. I got this one out of the way first)
Porsche Carrera S
Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder
Audi R8 4.2
Nissan GTR
Ferrari F430

That sucks, I know what that feels like dinged up the 2 rims on the passenger side (at different times). Glad you were able to get them fixed.

Looks like your off to a good start:thumbsup:

Yeah, I'll be honest, it sucked. I'm just glad the repair came out as well as it did!