GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Member Car Journals

Old 10-24-2017, 06:31 PM   #477
corrado917
Formula 3000 Driver

Drives: GTI CSG
I did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A buch of goodies APRís K04 kit, NGK 8 plugs , Unitronic Intake, Eurojet DP, Magnaflow catback, APRís TCU tune, 034 Dogbone Mount Insert, S3 intercooler, Forge catch can, Modshack trim, AWE tuning IC hoses, Neuspeed K04 TOP & TDP, H&R Cup kit, Golf Rís skirts & side mirrors, Euro LED tails, GTD grill, H&R sways, Stern bar, Enkei RPF1 & some other stuff..Build
corrado917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 06:47 PM   #478
cbaumy34
Formula 3000 Driver

Drives: 2013 gti
Quote:
Originally Posted by corrado917 View Post
I did.

Well played sir!!! In 4 review.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Sold!2013 CSG Gti, 6 Speed. Mods: Stock tune, P3 VIDI boost gauge, CTS catback, 42 draft intake,BFI Gs2r shift knob,s3 short shifter, clutch stop led trunk light, plaid license plate frame.
cbaumy34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 12:09 AM   #479
EJBGTIVI
Formula 2 Champion

Drives: 2010 GTI
Oh Dang. I'm sure it's a nice car performance wise. I just can't get past the boy racer styling. Sorry Hatuey . That aside , it does look a lot better in black than the mostly red or white pics I've seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancity2Constantinople View Post
this forum just keeps getting more stupider each day.
R.I.P. Shuggie 2.19.2000 - 3.19.2016
EJBGTIVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 09:21 AM   #480
corrado917
Formula 3000 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJBGTIVI View Post
Oh Dang. I'm sure it's a nice car performance wise. I just can't get past the boy racer styling. Sorry Hatuey . That aside , it does look a lot better in black than the mostly red or white pics I've seen.

Yes, agree with you, Black is more permisible to the eye initially, I thought it was blasphemy but when I saw in person, I changed TBH. Black,It hides better the lines, what I canít hide is the spoiler from the inside of the car you donít see it. Itís on the wild side aesthetically, but lots of fun.

A buch of goodies APRís K04 kit, NGK 8 plugs , Unitronic Intake, Eurojet DP, Magnaflow catback, APRís TCU tune, 034 Dogbone Mount Insert, S3 intercooler, Forge catch can, Modshack trim, AWE tuning IC hoses, Neuspeed K04 TOP & TDP, H&R Cup kit, Golf Rís skirts & side mirrors, Euro LED tails, GTD grill, H&R sways, Stern bar, Enkei RPF1 & some other stuff..Build
Old 10-25-2017, 09:22 AM   #481
jay745
Mod Flanders

Drives: 2013 CW GTI Wolfsburg (racecar)
I'd like a detailed comparison write up. Thanks
jay745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 09:35 AM   #482
corrado917
Formula 3000 Driver

Corrado917's GTI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbaumy34 View Post
Well played sir!!! In 4 review.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Thanks!

How:

Early found out it was coming, I decided to pass by the local dealer and troll the sales rep. To my surprise I was the first inquirer who told them what was coming & in top of that, when I put a small deposit, they guaranteed the MSRP of the car. I sat and waited.

Why get a Honda?
This is car is not an investment to me, but I took a more platonic /practical approach here this time.

I was never on the Civic SI fan club- more of a GTI guy, but always reserved some fascination for original Type R models due its exclusivity, while thatís not the case anymore, at least with the new model, I did find more appealing than others offers in its segment( I was shopping something fun and light- didnít care too much about lux or confort neither AWD, I wanted a 2 door GTI 7 But it was not found with good price and desired equipment). Not lying,I had mixed feelings between: aggressive design & purposeful built with some bits from factory, but this one suits my needs.I want to track it next year -The gearbox is NICE, I had 3 more manuals before, but this one is legit.

Driving feel.

While it looks very ricer/ classic JDM insanity, wild or whatever it can get called, the car is actually superbly damped & agile at the same time without lose sight on other aspects such as stability & performance, it has confort but it is not an Audi like in terms of interior finish, but $10k cheaper and It has DCC.

-Engine: 10/10
-Gearbox: 9/10 as good as the RS & 2nd to Porsche territory.
-Aero: 10/10

** I havenít tuned it yet, but definitely something to consider.. hopefully soon.

In comparison to my GTI with K04:
- GTI quicker due DSG & mods.
-Type R faster,
- Type R is Lighter & grippier & always ready for punishment.
- The Type R allows you to exercise its performance every time you drive it
- Itís a 10 years difference bet. the two cars, some things definitely feel better on the R.

What I donít like:
The attention it gets, people pass it BUT as soon as they see the red Honda badge, they act differently.
summer tires only option & how quiet it is. That could change too.

I need more time to get used to it but so far, this car can last me as much as the GTI did.

Note.
If Vdub launches a 5 cyl. In R shape, you might see me soon again.