GOLFMKV

Corrado917's GTI.

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
Well played sir!!! In 4 review.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Thanks!

How:

Early found out it was coming, I decided to pass by the local dealer and troll the sales rep. To my surprise I was the first inquirer who told them what was coming & in top of that, when I put a small deposit, they guaranteed the MSRP of the car. I sat and waited.

Why get a Honda?
This is car is not an investment to me, but I took a more platonic /practical approach here this time.

I was never on the Civic SI fan club- more of a GTI guy, but always reserved some fascination for original Type R models due its exclusivity, while that’s not the case anymore, at least with the new model, I did find more appealing than others offers in its segment( I was shopping something fun and light- didn’t care too much about lux or confort neither AWD, I wanted a 2 door GTI 7 But it was not found with good price and desired equipment). Not lying,I had mixed feelings between: aggressive design & purposeful built with some bits from factory, but this one suits my needs.I want to track it next year -The gearbox is NICE, I had 3 more manuals before, but this one is legit.

Driving feel.

While it looks very ricer/ classic JDM insanity, wild or whatever it can get called, the car is actually superbly damped & agile at the same time without lose sight on other aspects such as stability & performance, it has confort but it is not an Audi like in terms of interior finish, but $10k cheaper and It has DCC.

-Engine: 10/10
-Gearbox: 9/10 as good as the RS & 2nd to Porsche territory.
-Aero: 10/10

** I haven’t tuned it yet, but definitely something to consider.. hopefully soon.

In comparison to my GTI with K04:
- GTI quicker due DSG & mods.
-Type R faster,
- Type R is Lighter & grippier & always ready for punishment.
- The Type R allows you to exercise its performance every time you drive it
- It’s a 10 years difference bet. the two cars, some things definitely feel better on the R.

What I don’t like:
The attention it gets, people pass it BUT as soon as they see the red Honda badge, they act differently.
summer tires only option & how quiet it is. That could change too.

I need more time to get used to it but so far, this car can last me as much as the GTI did.

Note.
If Vdub launches a 5 cyl. In R shape, you might see me soon again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fake.:r

Hey guys finally got around to making an account here and wanted to update on the car, its pretty much the same minus getting a heart transplant at 148k when the #4 piston failed but was replaced with a 50k tsi from a 2012 tiguan. And the addition of airlift performance bags and v2 management along with megan racing control arms and most recently a set of work meister s1s that i rebuilt for the car

https://www.instagram.com/p/BoGPYqDDkpD/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=fmapqc7mo65x

Heres how the car sits currently (files were too large to upload?

Cal2000

Go Kart Champion
Thanks!

How:

Early found out it was coming, I decided to pass by the local dealer and troll the sales rep. To my surprise I was the first inquirer who told them what was coming & in top of that, when I put a small deposit, they guaranteed the MSRP of the car. I sat and waited.

Why get a Honda?
This is car is not an investment to me, but I took a more platonic /practical approach here this time.

I was never on the Civic SI fan club- more of a GTI guy, but always reserved some fascination for original Type R models due its exclusivity, while that’s not the case anymore, at least with the new model, I did find more appealing than others offers in its segment( I was shopping something fun and light- didn’t care too much about lux or confort neither AWD, I wanted a 2 door GTI 7 But it was not found with good price and desired equipment). Not lying,I had mixed feelings between: aggressive design & purposeful built with some bits from factory, but this one suits my needs.I want to track it next year -The gearbox is NICE, I had 3 more manuals before, but this one is legit.

Driving feel.

While it looks very ricer/ classic JDM insanity, wild or whatever it can get called, the car is actually superbly damped & agile at the same time without lose sight on other aspects such as stability & performance, it has confort but it is not an Audi like in terms of interior finish, but $10k cheaper and It has DCC.

-Engine: 10/10
-Gearbox: 9/10 as good as the RS & 2nd to Porsche territory.
-Aero: 10/10

** I haven’t tuned it yet, but definitely something to consider.. hopefully soon.

In comparison to my GTI with K04:
- GTI quicker due DSG & mods.
-Type R faster,
- Type R is Lighter & grippier & always ready for punishment.
- The Type R allows you to exercise its performance every time you drive it
- It’s a 10 years difference bet. the two cars, some things definitely feel better on the R.

What I don’t like:
The attention it gets, people pass it BUT as soon as they see the red Honda badge, they act differently.
summer tires only option & how quiet it is. That could change too.

I need more time to get used to it but so far, this car can last me as much as the GTI did.

Note.
If Vdub launches a 5 cyl. In R shape, you might see me soon again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great review! Thx!

Fake.:r

We made it :wosschilder980:

Gift: Oil change/ Brakes / Alignment .

Celebration continues..

From this

To this

With this :evil:

Not that much of fun due weather, but as report. car feels good in the rain with the new summer tires :thumbsup:

Hey did you still have the test pipe section? was under to car and noticed it does in fact have the high flow cat section installed and I do not need to go through emissions testing