GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Her name is Giselle

Visecough

Passed Driver's Ed
Today was the arrival of a new member of the family, Giselle. The fiance thought it was a pretty German name for a pretty car, yes, a very pretty car!

Our 2012 CSG GTI with DSG. With only 8,440 on the odometer at the time of purchase, the price was quite a bit lower than buying brand new with the optional sunroof and dsg trans.

For right now I will be doing my research as this is our first VW and I want to make sure I know this car in and out. In the near future I would like to try and squeeze a few more mpg out of the engine as well as freeing up a few horse torques.

Being it was dark when we got home, I mostly took interior pics. Don't worry, this Saturday is detail day and then off to find a good spot for pictures.

I use a Nikon D3100 DSLR and am still learning all the little tricks of this awesome camera.

Enjoy!

SweetJones_29

Ready to race!
I thought she would have longer legs. Nice whip.

Visecough

Passed Driver's Ed
15k mile update. The car has been great so far. We have taken it on a few short road trips and it has done great. Although, I have been told the back seat wasn't that great for a two hour trip from a passenger.

A few things I have concerns about. One being oil consumption. I assume being a turbo car you are going to have a little oil consumption but is 3/4 of a quart 5k miles after an oil change normal? Before we went on our last long distance drive I checked all fluids and topped of the engine oil level with Castrol Edge full synthetic 5W-40.

The second concern is a "rattle" sound coming from what seems to be the turbo at initial boost. I have yet to take it by the dealership to have them listen to it. I feel no drop in power, no cel and no other issues. Just want to take care of this car the best I can.

As far as mods, non so far due to the fact that the local VW dealer will not touch a modified VW. I did purchase weather tech floor liners for the front which imo look great.

Thanks for any and all advice!

Visecough

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks $, and yea, I need to do as I said and get out and take some better pics of her. I traveled for 2 months right after we bought her and didn't have much time.

bimmer635csi

Ready to race!
The second concern is a "rattle" sound coming from what seems to be the turbo at initial boost. I have yet to take it by the dealership to have them listen to it. I feel no drop in power, no cel and no other issues. Just want to take care of this car the best I can.

Somewhere in my build thread (and other threads on here) is information about a TSB for this rattle. It is a loose wastegate actuator arm rattle that is fixed with a clip.

You can buy the clip and do it yourself or go to the dealer and make them do it for free. I chose the cheap and easy route after a long battle with another dealer that wouldn't do the work.