GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Ordering | Pricing | PR Material Discussions

Old 03-12-2013, 01:31 PM   #1
aagui
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: None (yet)
Used GTI, am I pushing too far?

Hey Guys,
I'm looking to a buy a used '13 GTI that is currently priced at $27,995. I don't agree with that price at all. The car has 4k miles and is a 4-door automatic with what looks like the conv. pckg (except it has the Xenon headlights). Is it possible to get those headlights without getting the navi system?
Anyway, I am trying to get it for 24k, taking into account that the car loses 20% of its value as soon as you take it out the door. You think this is worth pursuing? This is my first car purchase, so I'm not sure what is acceptable...
aagui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:03 PM   #2
aagui
Passed Driver's Ed

It's weird because the images show the bi-xenon headlights without leather interior (so I don't think its the autobahn version). The Installed options part does not list navi system or anything special.
Here, maybe the actual link will be more descriptive:

http://www.northparkvw.com/VehicleDe...-TX/1913703023

Thanks!
Old 03-12-2013, 02:35 PM   #3
socal87
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: Black '12 GTI Sun/Nav 4dr 6MT
It has the Sunroof and Nav package, which has the traditional plaid "Jacky" cloth, sunroof, RNS-315 navigation, bi-xenon headlights with LED DRLs. , and new for 2013-up, the Laguna wheels. VW does not offer any of those options a la carte in the US...unless you get complete leather reupholstery as part of the deal like me.

Jubblies. That is all.
socal87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:56 PM   #4
GunKata
MILFn00dzHunter.com

Drives: '03 350Z Track, '11 Pcar, '06 Oddy
way too high, imho...

No GunKata, no care.

Need remote help buying or selling a car?

Chicago Car Network

I can haz 350z racecar?

Gone: 2011 Audi A3 Quattro DSG K04

Also Gone: 2011 GTI Autobahn MT Stage 2 BBK Lots of Mods
GunKata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:58 PM   #5
aagui
Passed Driver's Ed

Could I get away with dropping 20% off the sticker price for a new GTI 4-door with navi (~30k MSRP)?
Old 03-12-2013, 04:14 PM   #6
NYUofA
Ready to race!

Drives: Base GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by aagui View Post
Could I get away with dropping 20% off the sticker price for a new GTI 4-door with navi (~30k MSRP)?
20%? Honestly, no.

Anywhere from 6-12% off MSRP is probably more realistic, on a new 2013.
NYUofA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:15 PM   #7
GunKata
MILFn00dzHunter.com

Drives: '03 350Z Track, '11 Pcar, '06 Oddy
you should be able to get deep discounts off MSRP.. usually in the range of $2K-$3K, if not more, depending on the model year, location, dealer inventory, and so on.

If you want specific help, peep my sig and PM me/like the site on FB and I will help you.

No GunKata, no care.

Need remote help buying or selling a car?

Chicago Car Network

I can haz 350z racecar?

Gone: 2011 Audi A3 Quattro DSG K04

Also Gone: 2011 GTI Autobahn MT Stage 2 BBK Lots of Mods
GunKata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:29 PM   #8
Credit
Rally Car Champion

Drives: Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunKata View Post
If you want specific help, peep my sig and PM me/like the site on FB and I will help you.
Gunkata being a standup guy yet again.
Old 03-12-2013, 05:44 PM   #9
miikez.
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: MK7 GTI. MK6 GTI (RIP)
http://golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55371
miikez. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:45 PM   #10
plat
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2016 Audi S5
I followed the link to the dealer website and noticed that the white GTI on the photo has the Watkins-Glenn (or Laguna) wheels. This means what they're selling is a Wolfsburg special edition model marking the end of the MK6 GTI production run for North America.

Here's a blurb I copied from a VW news release:
"The GTI Wolfsburg edition goes on sale in the first quarter starting at $25,095 for a 6-speed manual model. It includes a retro golf-ball shifter, red-stitched floor mats and 18-in. Laguna wheels. Adding a 6-speed dual-clutch automatic brings the price to $26,195."

IMHO, the $27,995 price tag is too high for a used 2013 GTI but it is not clear from the ad if there are other options that are included in the vehicle that jacked the price up for $27,995. Regardless, they seem to be selling it at MSRP like a brand new car. I would say $25,000 may be a good number to consider. But, since this is the Wolfsburg special edition, they may not budge on their price. You can certainly try to haggle down the price. It won't kill or hurt you to do so.
plat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 01:10 PM   #11
GOBbluth
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2012 GTI. White, nav, 6mt
This is what i paid for my brand new 2012 in June last year:
Selling Price to your new vehicles: $26,500.00
Trade ACV (actual cash value): <$6,750.00>
Vw Trade Assistance: <$500.00>
New Purchase Price: $19,250.00 +++

So 26.5k or with the vw 500 offer, 26k before taxes (but theyre not bad in NC so it was like 27,100 out the door). Mine was exact same model with Nav and xenon, but 6MT. The one you are looking at is automatic.

Still, seems like the fact that DSG model is more expensive should still mean a used model with 4k, should also be around 26k. I don't think you should be paying more than I did just bc of DSG when it is used.

You are also buying 2-3 months earlier than I did, but I still think it is high. I think 25,250 would be a decent price. If you really want it, maybe 26.5.
GOBbluth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 01:23 AM   #12
blitzoid
Go Kart Champion

Drives: 2011 GTI Autobahn 6sp, Black
Which dealer are you talking to? You may do a lot better if you run a 500mi search on autotrader. I talked to sales folks at a few dealers before getting my GTI (used) at a ford dealer in denton. The reputation of the VW dealers (when it comes to fair pricing and low BS) in Dallas isn't great...

If you do pick it up, and you want to pocket some extra cash, I'll swap wheelsets with you (running 17" portos right now) and toss some $$$ on top to make up the difference.
blitzoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 03:11 PM   #13
aagui
Passed Driver's Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzoid View Post
Which dealer are you talking to? You may do a lot better if you run a 500mi search on autotrader. I talked to sales folks at a few dealers before getting my GTI (used) at a ford dealer in denton. The reputation of the VW dealers (when it comes to fair pricing and low BS) in Dallas isn't great...

If you do pick it up, and you want to pocket some extra cash, I'll swap wheelsets with you (running 17" portos right now) and toss some $$$ on top to make up the difference.
I am looking pretty much at San Antonio, Austin and Dallas. This is the only used one I have found that I would consider (if they are willing to reduce the price significantly). Thanks for the tip though.
Actually if I buy new, I'd get conv. package just to get the laguna wheels, so it might be hard to get a trade...
Old 03-17-2013, 03:13 PM   #14
aagui
Passed Driver's Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by plat View Post
I followed the link to the dealer website and noticed that the white GTI on the photo has the Watkins-Glenn (or Laguna) wheels. This means what they're selling is a Wolfsburg special edition model marking the end of the MK6 GTI production run for North America.

Here's a blurb I copied from a VW news release:
"The GTI Wolfsburg edition goes on sale in the first quarter starting at $25,095 for a 6-speed manual model. It includes a retro golf-ball shifter, red-stitched floor mats and 18-in. Laguna wheels. Adding a 6-speed dual-clutch automatic brings the price to $26,195."
Well, since the picture shows LED headlights, I don't think it's the Wolfsburg. I'm thinking it might be the sunroof+Navi version. But the installed options part doesn't give much info on it.