GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Does anyone here have some real miles on the TSI?

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I'm talking 100k+ or even 150k+...
If so...

1. Original intake manifold?
2. Original waterpump?
3. Original coil packs?
4. Tensioner issues?
5. Any other potential out of warranty repairs?
6. Carbon Build up?
7. HPFP?

Don't really care about anyone with less than 80k miles... that's not high mileage.

On a separate note... anyone with a DSG and over 100k miles?

Last edited:

Lou Maiuri

Banned
According to Arin at APR there are "several 100+k cars with Stage III+ kits floating around somewhere on facebook".

I lulzed.

nakenyon

Go Kart Champion
I've heard that there are a couple 100k+ TSIs out there. Never seen confirmation of such. Figure though if someone has a '10MY that they picked up around the middle of '09 (July or August) - that would be around 25k a year. That's a lot of miles, but I know people who drive near that.

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
I'm talking 100k+ or even 150k+...
If so...

1. Original intake manifold?
2. Original waterpump?
3. Original coil packs?
4. Tensioner issues?
5. Any other potential out of warranty repairs?

I would be quite certain that your answers are going to be:
1. No
2. No
3. No
4. Maybe
5. Possibly
:lol:

FWIW, I'm at 50K on an 11 and my answers are no, no, no, changed to be safe, and radiator replaced.

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
I have 90k miles on my TSI.
I never had a problem with my intake manfiold, but I swapped mine out at ~65k for a direct port injection manifold I made, still havent had any issues.

Zero waterpump issues

I have replaced coilpacks at 50k for regular maintenance.

Zero tensioner issues

only major service Ive had done to the car was flashing PRNDS of death, mechatronic unit was replaced, and had a TB commit suicide (not covered by warranty) coming home from Sowo 2 years ago.

There is a TSI mileage thread on Vortex and there are a few people that have posted with over 100k.

FWIW, yes I track my car, yes I drag race my car, yes I have almost every mod under the sun done to my car, I average ~50miles day to and from work, and often travel 100miles or 300 miles(each way) for weekend trips, I drive to SoWo every year (was 9 hour drive, but now 14hour drive as I moved), and I drive to Denver every year (used to be 14hours, now its 9hours).
That sums up a majority of my mileage

I credit a lot of my car's health to 5k oil changes, long trips, VTA catch can/dump tube, and water/meth

Last edited:

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I would be quite certain that your answers are going to be:
1. No
2. No
3. No
4. Maybe
5. Possibly
:lol:

FWIW, I'm at 50K on an 11 and my answers are no, no, no, changed to be safe, and radiator replaced.
:laugh:
Indeed
I have 90k miles on my TSI.
I never had a problem with my intake manfiold, but I swapped mine out at ~65k for a direct port injection manifold I made, still havent had any issues.

Zero waterpump issues

I have replaced coilpacks at 50k for regular maintenance.

Zero tensioner issues

only major service Ive had done to the car was flashing PRNDS of death, mechatronic unit was replaced, and had a TB commit suicide (not covered by warranty) coming home from Sowo 2 years ago.

There is a TSI mileage thread on Vortex and there are a few people that have posted with over 100k.

FWIW, yes I track my car, yes I drag race my car, yes I have almost every mod under the sun done to my car, I average ~50miles day to and from work, and often travel 100miles or 300 miles(each way) for weekend trips, I drive to SoWo every year (was 9 hour drive, but now 14hour drive as I moved), and I drive to Denver every year (used to be 14hours, now its 9hours).
That sums up a majority of my mileage

I credit a lot of my car's health to 5k oil changes, long trips, VTA catch can/dump tube, and water/meth
Cool thank you :)

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
I have an '09 TSI DSG that just hit 100k... I was just buying parts actually for its 100K service.

1. Yes. No issues with it at all.
2. Yes. No issues with it at all.
3. Currently. Changing them out w/ the plugs for the 100K service.
4. None. Pushing this service to 120K unless it fails on us
5. None so far.

smrtypants44

Go Kart Champion
I am slightly over 80 at 83k and change and I'm on the original coil packs, original clutch ( been on stg2 for 60k miles), also no water pump or tensioner issues and original intake manifold (with watermeth drilled in no less). However I did have to replace my AC compressor at around 73k.

Lou Maiuri

Banned
I am slightly over 80 at 83k and change and I'm on the original coil packs, original clutch ( been on stg2 for 60k miles), also no water pump or tensioner issues and original intake manifold (with watermeth drilled in no less). However I did have to replace my AC compressor at around 73k.

80k on stock clutch at stage II?! First time I've ever seen that. You got one hell of a strong GTI.

McQueen77

Banned
I like this thread

Coolicarboy

Ready to race!

billet1

Ready to race!
Yeah.... Thats crazy... :eek:

i have had a stage 2 for almost 30 thousand miles it will hold but as soon as you use the 100 octane tune you will lose the clutch, thats what happened with my first clutch and i've been running my second stock clutch and using it the same as the first time just without 100 octane and it works just fine.