GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com



Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-01-2017, 10:47 AM   #1
silverstone007
Autocross Newbie
 
silverstone007's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 GTI 4DOOR/ Deep Black Pearl
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 78
VW AIR INTAKE

Hi , I was wondering why I don't see many people installing this VWR intake on their MK6 ? : http://store.blackforestindustries.c...coairinsy.html

seems like a good option to me ... does anybody here have one ? I would like some feedback if so , Thanks'.
silverstone007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 10:52 AM   #2
Jared32
FIA World Rally Car Champion
 
Jared32's Avatar
 
Drives: CSG 2012 VW GTI
Join Date: May 2015
Location: We're all here, because we're not all there...;)
Posts: 539
I had one similar that I liked and there's been several people that had them on here... I think most people liked it but it's pretty quiet I think..


Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus
__________________
Vagcom~ Ultimate Racing downpipe, 42dd intake~ GFB DV+~ R8 coils~ Eurodyne stage 2~ E-tuned by Andy Samland...
Jared32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 11:14 AM   #3
silverstone007
Autocross Newbie
 
silverstone007's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 GTI 4DOOR/ Deep Black Pearl
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared32 View Post
I had one similar that I liked and there's been several people that had them on here... I think most people liked it but it's pretty quiet I think..


Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus
I think it would be a good option to prevent heat soak but I really want to know if it's a good option for me ,I have stage 1 Unitronic
silverstone007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 11:34 AM   #4
Jared32
FIA World Rally Car Champion
 
Jared32's Avatar
 
Drives: CSG 2012 VW GTI
Join Date: May 2015
Location: We're all here, because we're not all there...;)
Posts: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverstone007 View Post
I think it would be a good option to prevent heat soak but I really want to know if it's a good option for me ,I have stage 1 Unitronic


Well mine worked excellent for eurodyne stage 2 the only reason I switched is because I wanted more sound.. otherwise it was probably more resistant to engine bay heat than most besides others like APR


Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus
__________________
Vagcom~ Ultimate Racing downpipe, 42dd intake~ GFB DV+~ R8 coils~ Eurodyne stage 2~ E-tuned by Andy Samland...
Jared32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 12:27 PM   #5
FriggenT
Formula 5000 Champion
 
Drives: 2013 Wolfsburg gti DSG
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2,316
As I understand it, the vwr intake gave many people issues (idk why) and it doesn't seem like it's large enough to pull in high g/s for above stage 2 levels, but maybe I'm wrong there?
FriggenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 08:50 PM   #6
Wideopentuning
Touring Car Champion
 
Wideopentuning's Avatar
 
Drives: MKVI Gti & MKVII Golf Sportwagen
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Maple Valley
Posts: 215
VW AIR INTAKE

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriggenT View Post
As I understand it, the vwr intake gave many people issues (idk why) and it doesn't seem like it's large enough to pull in high g/s for above stage 2 levels, but maybe I'm wrong there?
Do you know if the filter or the housing was the supposed issue?

The filter in mine was falling apart after 40k miles. I found a Vibrant unit that worked well to replace it. Seems to flow ok.
Wideopentuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 09:56 PM   #7
FriggenT
Formula 5000 Champion
 
Drives: 2013 Wolfsburg gti DSG
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideopentuning View Post
Do you know if the filter or the housing was the supposed issue?

The filter in mine was falling apart after 40k miles. I found a Vibrant unit that worked well to replace it. Seems to flow ok.
I really have absolutely no idea, I just was looking at various intakes a long time ago and there were some issues with them...idk if it was tune related or just what
FriggenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 03:21 AM   #8
snobrdrdan
Formula 2 Champion
 
snobrdrdan's Avatar
 
Drives: a VW
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Southeast Michigan
Posts: 7,645
Send a message via AIM to snobrdrdan
Why aren't many people running it?

It's one of the more expensive intakes (@ $400) for just the front section....a little pricey for what it is

I do like it though and have always wanted to run it, but it's hard to get/find a deal on one
__________________
2017 Passat VR6
2017 Passat R-line
snobrdrdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 12:46 PM   #9
FriggenT
Formula 5000 Champion
 
Drives: 2013 Wolfsburg gti DSG
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrdan View Post
Why aren't many people running it?

It's one of the more expensive intakes (@ $400) for just the front section....a little pricey for what it is

I do like it though and have always wanted to run it, but it's hard to get/find a deal on one
Tbh, looking at various logs, it doesn't pull as many g/s. Oddly enough the higher numbers I've seen were from the simple evoms intake at around 270+ g/s where the vwr/itg intakes are in the 250s. Part of this will be due to tune too though
FriggenT is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.