GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Presents the 2.0 TSI Oil Protection System (OPS)

AF-MKVI

Go Kart Champion
So APR DSG tune by fourth quarter of 2016? :iono:

Evan@APR

Banned
I agree it's uncommon, but it's happened on more than one occasion. Street tires, a particular on-ramp near my job and the right amount of speed.

Less common, yes. However, I blew my motor on the SOWO cruise in 2012. I ran into the oil starvation issue and it caused instant damage. I was even running the uber expensive MOTUL 300v. We had to replace the motor and all I was on was a set of BFGoodrich Sport Comp 2s. :-(

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
Ugh that's frightening. Wish there was a modified oil pan option. I don't disagree with the product it's just a really steep price.

SammyTSI

Ready to race!
Less common, yes. However, I blew my motor on the SOWO cruise in 2012. I ran into the oil starvation issue and it caused instant damage. I was even running the uber expensive MOTUL 300v. We had to replace the motor and all I was on was a set of BFGoodrich Sport Comp 2s. :-(

i lost an engine on the street using Michelin Pilot Super Sport.

Evan@APR

Banned
Ugh that's frightening. Wish there was a modified oil pan option. I don't disagree with the product it's just a really steep price.

Baffled pan doesn't work.

The main issue has to do with oil drain back. It can't get into the pan fast enough in some situations and then starvation occurs. We've even made the drain back system bigger and it didn't help enough.

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
Baffled pan doesn't work.

The main issue has to do with oil drain back. It can't get into the pan fast enough in some situations and then starvation occurs. We've even made the drain back system bigger and it didn't help enough.

LAME.

Not you guys, the situation.

shdwblugti

Go Kart Champion
will you need more quarts of oil for every oil change if this is installed?

aw6141

Go Kart Champion
does it require a tune to be used?

Last time I used my GTI on r comps at an autox, I lost about 1/4 of a quart of oil, I'm not sure if it was attributed to the r comps since I also used my all seasons that same day. But I did have like 10+ runs that day, but it was a corvette autox with long sweepers and less technical course. But I have been wondering what caused the oil loss that day.

That reminds me, I should check my oil again, I spent more time on the helen ring during SOWO this year driving my GTI, but haven't driven my gti in two weeks due to vacation.

Evan@APR

Banned
does it require a tune to be used?

Last time I used my GTI on r comps at an autox, I lost about 1/4 of a quart of oil, I'm not sure if it was attributed to the r comps since I also used my all seasons that same day. But I did have like 10+ runs that day, but it was a corvette autox with long sweepers and less technical course. But I have been wondering what caused the oil loss that day.

That reminds me, I should check my oil again, I spent more time on the helen ring during SOWO this year driving my GTI, but haven't driven my gti in two weeks due to vacation.

No tune required. The box we include connects to the CAN network and controls the OPS without the need for a tune.

The issue you described sounds familiar! Has anyone mentioned white smoke coming from your exhaust during auto cross? I have some shots from the race cars spewing white smoke early on in the tsi racing program. We went through several engines in the beginning. It wasn't fun.

kennega

Ready to race!
Hey Evan I don't suppose there's anywhere on there to thread in a sender for an oil pressure gauge, is there? Thanks.

aw6141

Go Kart Champion
No tune required. The box we include connects to the CAN network and controls the OPS without the need for a tune.

The issue you described sounds familiar! Has anyone mentioned white smoke coming from your exhaust during auto cross? I have some shots from the race cars spewing white smoke early on in the tsi racing program. We went through several engines in the beginning. It wasn't fun.

how bad is the white smoke being spewed out like blown headgasket white smoke bad? I haven't had anyone tell me about the white smoke yet, but I might have to ask others to see if they see any.

The FSI motor didn't experience anything similar to this at all during racing?

Carbon Steel

Go Kart Champion
These situations are easily producible on the street during spirited runs on a twisty road, or taking highway on ramps at high speeds.

OMG what BS,

Fan boys line up and open your wallets.