GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 06-08-2013, 12:01 PM   #1
twistid
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2010 Carbon GTI
$125 034 tranny mount, any good?

http://www.034motorsport.com/chassis...6-p-21996.html

Says it uses solid rubber instead of poly ... thinking of pairing up that 034 tranny mount with the SPM motor mount for $150 ( http://www.drivespm.com/SPM-Motor-Mo...0z-pn20-00.htm )

Any opinions or reviews on the 034 tranny mount? Looks pretty much like the oem setup unlike all other tranny mounts.
twistid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 12:20 PM   #2
mdhollis
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: S3
Quote:
Originally Posted by twistid View Post

Says it uses solid rubber instead of poly ... thinking of pairing up that 034 tranny mount with the SPM motor mount for $150 ( http://www.drivespm.com/SPM-Motor-Mo...0z-pn20-00.htm )

Any opinions or reviews on the 034 tranny mount? Looks pretty much like the oem setup unlike all other tranny mounts.
The reason I like them is they are oem mounts with stiffer rubber. Why not get both the engine and trans mount from 034 if you are going to do this? You can get them both for around 200 I think.

I drove my friends B5 S4 with K04's that ran these mounts, never a GTI. He never had a issue with them and the car felt good and solid. Very minor NVH
mdhollis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 01:33 PM   #3
dave80
FIA GT Champion

Drives: vw
034 mounts are the best option for a daily driver imo. I had bsh mounts and hate it the vibrations (even worse during winter time) and switched to 034 mounts close to 2 years ago. No problems yet and they perform the same way as stiffer bsh mounts. This will make you cry, but i paid $180 shipped for both transmission and engine mount when I bought them during a sale.
dave80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 02:24 PM   #4
Aries Pope
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2012 GTI Autobahn DSG 4dr Black
Quote:

I have the 034 Street Density transmission and motor mounts in now. As said, they're OEM mounts with stiffer rubber. Definitely tightened up the DSG shifting and response of the drivetrain to shifts under power.

I noticed about 1% change in NVH on my already fairly stiff setup. I really had to pay attention for the vibes and they were super mild and only noticable at idle or with A/C on.

I am very pleased with these mounts. That said, I am getting the VWR subframe mount installed next week to pair with them.
> R20 LED Tails | S2T Paddles | AWE Boost | SuperbrightLEDs | PIAA Fogs
> My Build Thread
Aries Pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 03:05 PM   #5
FLtrooper
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: No Mas VW! Hola Audi!
I love my Street Density 034 Engine and Tranny Mount!

Sticking to two wheels from now on!
FLtrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 03:47 PM   #6
twistid
FIA GT Newbie

guess I'm going with 034 mounts, hoping to eliminate wheel hop as much as possible.
Old 06-08-2013, 04:28 PM   #7
AF-MKVI
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2011 DSG GTI & 2011 DSG TDI
Quote:
guess I'm going with 034 mounts, hoping to eliminate wheel hop as much as possible.
Good choice, I also have them and they are great. Probably the best for a daily driver.
2011 DSG GTI- APR Stage II -APR Carbonio I&II -Eurojet DP V1 -Neuspeed C/B -Godspeed FMIC -Neuspeed IDP -AWE TOP -R8 Coils -034 Engine & Trans Mounts -Neuspeed Tq Mount Insert -H&R Sport Springs -MKV Bilstein B8's -TT Strut Mounts -Passat FCA's -H&R 28mm F&R Sways -UltraRacing Mid Brace -Stern Brace -Maniacs DSG Paddles -AWE Boost Gauge -OEM Front Lip -Underbody Aero -RS3 Brake Ducts -17" Nurburgrings's w/ 235 DW's-Neuspeed Rotors -Stoptech Pads -USP SS Lines -Tyrolsport Bushings>13.26@105.10
AF-MKVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 05:53 PM   #8
hockeystar17mnj
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2010 GTI 2 Door MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by AF-MKVI View Post
Good choice, I also have them and they are great. Probably the best for a daily driver.
Glad to hear all the positive reviews on the 034 mounts. Mine are currently stuck in chicago waiting to get to the east coast
"I voted for this as the greatest car of the 20th century. Over the years, however, the Golf GTI got bigger, and fatter, and slower. Think of it as Elvis Presley. It started off all athletic and full of vigour, and wound up on the lavatory, an enormous, dribbling hulk." -Jeremy clarkson
hockeystar17mnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 07:54 PM   #9
chinqutie
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: APR KO4 GTI, 2013 x128i
another 034 user here and yes they've been great. i used to have the VF engineering mounts but my fiance complained about too much nvh. glad i made the switch.
ko4 club member#14ADV.1/DPE/Akrapovic/Bilstein/Vredestein/DorbritzDesigns/Forge/SPM/034/Stoptech/P3Cars/Southbend/Peloquin/Whiteline/Hotchkis/Unibrace/Osir/OEM+
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunKata View Post
Using automatic climate control as justification to buy/not buy a car = STUPIDEST THING EVER.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunKata View Post
I've found that if my pants are down around my ankles, this site moves A LOT faster..
chinqutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 10:41 PM   #10
Aries Pope
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2012 GTI Autobahn DSG 4dr Black
Quote:
Let's be clear... with just these two mounts, I still had bad wheel hop launching on concrete (K04, remember). That's why I'm getting the subframe mount and WALK installed in addition.

With just these mounts, though, the shifting response is noticably tighter and I don't feel/hear the engine/DSG jump/clunk when I shift. For launch I think the subframe mount will do more of the work and the other mounts will keep things locked down during shifts. We'll see. I'll post about it in a week or so post-install.
> R20 LED Tails | S2T Paddles | AWE Boost | SuperbrightLEDs | PIAA Fogs
> My Build Thread
Aries Pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 10:46 PM   #11
hockeystar17mnj
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2010 GTI 2 Door MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aries Pope View Post
Let's be clear... with just these two mounts, I still had bad wheel hop launching on concrete (K04, remember). That's why I'm getting the subframe mount and WALK installed in addition.

With just these mounts, though, the shifting response is noticably tighter and I don't feel/hear the engine/DSG jump/clunk when I shift. For launch I think the subframe mount will do more of the work and the other mounts will keep things locked down during shifts. We'll see. I'll post about it in a week or so post-install.
the lower subframe mount from HPA gets my vote to tighten up the wheel hop issues. Swapping out the autotech insert for it when the mounts come in.
"I voted for this as the greatest car of the 20th century. Over the years, however, the Golf GTI got bigger, and fatter, and slower. Think of it as Elvis Presley. It started off all athletic and full of vigour, and wound up on the lavatory, an enormous, dribbling hulk." -Jeremy clarkson
hockeystar17mnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 11:52 PM   #12
bmc333
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2012 Tornado Red GTI
Send a message via AIM to bmc333 Send a message via Yahoo to bmc333
I'm thinking about getting the motor mount/subframe mount package from 034 for $295. Main reason being the subframe mounts are slightly less stiff than most I've seen. I am not K04 so this setup should be perfect I'm thinking.
bmc333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 09:08 AM   #13
twistid
FIA GT Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aries Pope View Post

i already have a bfi insert so these mounts are to compliment it. hopefully with all three no more hop?
Old 06-09-2013, 09:25 AM   #14
GreasyGinzo
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 2011 GTX2867 GTi Autobahn 6mt
Quote:
i already have a bfi insert so these mounts are to compliment it. hopefully with all three no more hop?
Get an HPA or VWR subframe bushing. Those inserts are garbage.