GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 07-31-2013, 02:30 AM   #15
dcarony
Oval Champion

Drives: Blaaaaaaaaaaack 2014 Wolfsburg
Quote:
Originally Posted by glory View Post
So been a few days since the car was at the dealer. Didn't know if I was being too anal about it or just over thinking when I got it back, but there was a bit of shudder when idling. So thought a fresh tank of gas would help, well that wasn't helpful.

Still rough idle during cold start up and a slightly less rough idle during idling at operating temp. It is better then before, but I can still feel it. Found out today if idling in neutral and put the clutch in, the roughness becomes greater. Any idea what this could be? I'll be keeping an eye on it over the long weekend and give VW a call after.
Results?

dcarony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:32 PM   #16
glory
Touring Car Champion

Drives: 2012 2DR GTI
Results :

Dealer found no codes and says nothing is wrong with it. Says "its a high performance engine and the shaking is normal" I'm calling bs on that but whatever.

I keep scanning and finding no codes. I do get misfires when starting and for about 5mins afterwords (warm or cold) if I rev the engine.

As well, been noticing a 'dead spot' when I roll past 2k rpm. Between 2 and 3k somewhere it just feels like it backs off the power. Not sure what that is.

I'm at a loss with this. It's annoying. Any advice?

Sent from the White north with magic
glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 11:18 AM   #17
Ilyaamex
Go Kart Champion

Drives: Mk6 GTI
Quote:
Results :

Dealer found no codes and says nothing is wrong with it. Says "its a high performance engine and the shaking is normal" I'm calling bs on that but whatever.

I keep scanning and finding no codes. I do get misfires when starting and for about 5mins afterwords (warm or cold) if I rev the engine.

As well, been noticing a 'dead spot' when I roll past 2k rpm. Between 2 and 3k somewhere it just feels like it backs off the power. Not sure what that is.

I'm at a loss with this. It's annoying. Any advice?

Sounds like what I'm experiencing with the 'dead spot'! Have you ever figured it out?
Ilyaamex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 02:11 PM   #18
glory
Touring Car Champion

Still haven't figured it out. I only notice the dead spot during the warmer months, never really noticed in the winter.

Idle still does it's shudders. It might be normal as I drove in a golf R awhile ago and noticed it, but that was after long hard runs on the highway.

Old 06-12-2014, 05:03 PM   #19
syonxwf
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: '13 MKVI GTI
Quote:
Still haven't figured it out. I only notice the dead spot during the warmer months, never really noticed in the winter.

Idle still does it's shudders. It might be normal as I drove in a golf R awhile ago and noticed it, but that was after long hard runs on the highway.

Some slight shaking is normal, but I guess it more depends on how sensitive you are to it. I notice some of it, but it's not too bad and I don't really ever think about it.

Misfires are weird at such low mileage, but I wouldn't be revving on a cold start anyways, it's not good for the engine
// 2013 CSG GTI 6M // APR K04 v3.1 Low Output // Neuspeed FMIC // IE Intake // Sigma 6 SS // Ed's LED Tails // H&R Ultra Low Coilovers // Eurojet DP // Custom 3" Catback & Vibrant Resonator // Neuspeed Torque Insert // SB S2 Daily Clutch w/SMFW
// 2013 RAM 1500 Quad Cab // Custom 3" Stainless Exhaust // Dual Cherry Bomb Extreme Mufflers // Anzo U-Bar Black Headlights
syonxwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 07:57 PM   #20
Fyodor Dostoevsky
Go Kart Newbie

Drives: 2013 MK6 GTI 6MT Cdn Base Model
glory:

Did you ever find out the cause of the rough idle problem you posted about back in 2015?

I have a similar issue with my 2013 GTI. Mine is 100% stock and only 17k miles (27.5k km). During idle, normally when the engine is warm, sometimes the engine 'stumbles' every few seconds, as if a cylinder didn't fire correctly. However, sometimes the engine runs perfectly smooth as well.

The dealer did a 'scan' and reported "no codes stored" also told me the rough idle is normal because 'VW engines are designed for high performance', something like this.
Fyodor Dostoevsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 08:06 PM   #21
glory
Touring Car Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyodor Dostoevsky View Post
glory:

Did you ever find out the cause of the rough idle problem you posted about back in 2015?

I have a similar issue with my 2013 GTI. Mine is 100% stock and only 17k miles (27.5k km). During idle, normally when the engine is warm, sometimes the engine 'stumbles' every few seconds, as if a cylinder didn't fire correctly. However, sometimes the engine runs perfectly smooth as well.

The dealer did a 'scan' and reported "no codes stored" also told me the rough idle is normal because 'VW engines are designed for high performance', something like this.
Hey fyodor,

No I didn't find the cause of this. Ended up trading it in for a '13 R. Sorry.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk