GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Whiteline Anti-Lift Kit Broken

drepai

Go Kart Champion
I've had a W.A.L.K. installed for a little over a month and a half (~1500 miles) and today I noticed this

The other one is fine

WTF??? I bought these brand new and haven't tracked the car once since they were installed. I don't like to push the limit of grip on the street/canyons much so there was never a lot of strain put on these. I have taken quite a few fast turns with them but like I said nothing too crazy. Installation was done by a very reputable vw/audi shop that has installed this kit many times before. I've heard of these failing but figured it's pretty uncommon and happens only in very high stress track related situations.....sigh, should've gone with Superpro.

recognized1

Go Kart Champion
I am glad I missed out on a deal for the Whiteline kit. Looks like I am going with the superpro in the future.

Djunited1

Go Kart Champion
Damn. Mine arrives in 5 days :s

davesxx01

Go Kart Champion
Didn't the importer of these and SuperPro say they were lifetime warranty?
Send it in and get the bushing replaced!

truuuuuuuuu

Ready to race!

Even then, replacing something after a month and a half and expecting it to be better the second time? And for how long?

+1 for the solid looking super pro bushings

drepai

Go Kart Champion
I was about to take it off and do that but I thought about it a bit and realized that it only took 1500 miles of street driving for it to break. No use getting the same flawed product, might as well drop the cash and get SuperPros because I plan on tracking in the near future.

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
I'm under the impression that people with failures are doing something wrong when installing it. Maybe not greasing it up enough and it's tearing while being pressed on or something? It just doesn't make sense and I can't figure it out.

I beat the living shit out of my car daily. It gets thrown into every turn imaginable at ridiculous speeds, it's been to the drag strip twice for a total of like 20 passes, and it went through a Cleveland winter being lowered. There are actually scrapes on the bottom of the housings from it hitting/sliding/scraping over things and the bushings are still in perfect shape 15000 miles later after all of that. It just doesn't make sense. Maybe you people have excessive subframe movement that is putting more strain on them or something?

AF-MKVI

Go Kart Champion
Just checked mine and with 40,000 miles on them they still look new. I'll keep checking them and when they fail I'll look elsewhere... Wish whiteline would update the bushing design... I hate doing mods twice :(

Blaznjoe

Drag Race Newbie
That totally blows man! :thumbdown: I'm curious if a possible cause could be due to not having the front urethane bushings on the front side of the lower arms? (I read the OPs build and he doesn't mention installing the front urethane bushings in front.) Again, not saying it makes a difference but just hypothesizing a theory.

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
That totally blows man! :thumbdown: I'm curious if a possible cause could be due to not having the front urethane bushings on the front side of the lower arms? (I read the OPs build and he doesn't mention installing the front urethane bushings in front.) Again, not saying it makes a difference but just hypothesizing a theory.

No the stock front bushings are so small and solid rubber they don't make any difference. I would say 95%+ of people with ALK still have factory front bushings installed