GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Golf MKVI photos, spyshots, videos, media

Old 07-11-2013, 09:28 PM   #1
TrboGTi
Autocross Champion

Drives: 2010 gti
out with the old

In with the new. I decided to trade my 2004 tornado red gti with gt2871r meth injection and full supporting mods in on this beauty:

I don't even want to tell ya'll what I paid for it because it would make you sick, but let's just say that the mods that I got for free are worth about as much as I paid. I dang near stole this one. With only 38000 on the clock, and considering that my 2004 had been rode hard and put up wet, I came out very good on it. The 1st owner of the car was a shop in FL who bought it for a project car, and they did everything up right. If I would have modded it it would have more power but wouldn't be NEAR this nice.
2010 gti, APR KO4 w/ APR v3.1 software, South Bend stage 2 daily clutch, Billy Boat 3" TBE, Neuspeed p-flow intake, Neuspeed TOP, Neuspeed throttle body pipe, GFB DV+, RAI FMIC, KW V2 coilovers, H&R swaybars, Stop tech cryo rotors, akebono race pads, ECS tuning stainless brake lines, diesel geek short shifter, BFI catch can, Osir carbon fiber front and rear diffuser and side mirror covers, MK5 R32 wheels, Mk6 Golf R LED taillights
TrboGTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:44 PM   #2
spiker369
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: Pure White 2017 SE GTI
That's one way to make an introduction! Looks sweet man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by feedingthesickness View Post
this car is lower than my self esteem
spiker369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:47 PM   #3
mattyICED
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: GTI
Dat rear diffuser
Old 07-11-2013, 09:52 PM   #4
GunKata
MILFn00dzHunter.com

Drives: '03 350Z Track, '11 Pcar, '06 Oddy

No GunKata, no care.

Need remote help buying or selling a car?

Chicago Car Network

I can haz 350z racecar?

Gone: 2011 Audi A3 Quattro DSG K04

Also Gone: 2011 GTI Autobahn MT Stage 2 BBK Lots of Mods
GunKata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:54 PM   #5
TrboGTi
Autocross Champion

Thanks, I sure do like it. I figure I'm one ko4 away from being done with it. It's disgusting what that turbo does for this engine. On the 1.8t, you got a ko4 if you wanted 215whp lol.
2010 gti, APR KO4 w/ APR v3.1 software, South Bend stage 2 daily clutch, Billy Boat 3" TBE, Neuspeed p-flow intake, Neuspeed TOP, Neuspeed throttle body pipe, GFB DV+, RAI FMIC, KW V2 coilovers, H&R swaybars, Stop tech cryo rotors, akebono race pads, ECS tuning stainless brake lines, diesel geek short shifter, BFI catch can, Osir carbon fiber front and rear diffuser and side mirror covers, MK5 R32 wheels, Mk6 Golf R LED taillights
Old 07-11-2013, 11:04 PM   #6
ehancock
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 09 GTI
What does it have done? The mk5 R wheels look great on there!
Old 07-12-2013, 07:59 AM   #7
TrboGTi
Autocross Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehancock View Post
What does it have done? The mk5 R wheels look great on there!
Everything in my sig plus lots of little custom touches. For instance, all LED interior lighting, chrome GTI badge on seat lever, Forge shift knob, euro switch, etc. I keep finding more and more every day. It seems like it has about everything that you can do to a gti done to it up to stage 2. The only thing i'm concerned about is the Eurocharged tune.....never heard of them. I contacted the shop in FL that did the work (FS-tuning) and they say it made 248whp and 310wtrq. I'm going to have to get it on a local dyno and see what the A/F looks like. I thought about trying out GIAC's most aggressive tune but then again APR headquarters is just an hour away.

Last edited by TrboGTi; 07-12-2013 at 08:06 AM.
Old 07-12-2013, 08:28 AM   #8
Carbon Steel
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: Carbon Steel Gray 2010 GTI (6/1/10)
Looks like you got a good one. All the performance mods are not for me, because of the issues/lack of warranty possibilities, but you have a 2010 so you were probably out of warranty anyway. But aftermarket items can be more prone to have issues.

But since the mods were installed professionally, your issues, if any, should be limited.

Are the wheels 17's? I like 18's, but yours are different so they look pretty good.

Best of luck, nice car.

2010 CSG GTI, 18" Detroits W/Summer Tires, Autobahn Package, DSG,RNS510 Touch Screen Nav, GTI Mat Kit,
2013 Red Turbo Beetle, Sun, Sound and Navigation, Red and Black Leather interior
Carbon Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 08:59 AM   #9
TrboGTi
Autocross Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbon Steel View Post
Looks like you got a good one. All the performance mods are not for me, because of the issues/lack of warranty possibilities, but you have a 2010 so you were probably out of warranty anyway. But aftermarket items can be more prone to have issues.

But since the mods were installed professionally, your issues, if any, should be limited.

Are the wheels 17's? I like 18's, but yours are different so they look pretty good.

Best of luck, nice car.
Thanks. The wheels are 18s. It still technically has a little bit of warranty left but unless it's something crazy like the transmission falling out, I'm not even going to bother. I hope I don't have to start wrenching on it for a long time, but if i need to I'm prepared.
Old 07-12-2013, 09:10 AM   #10
boosted27
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2011 CW 5 Door GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunKata View Post
X2
boosted27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 09:21 AM   #11
Zillon
Banned

Drives: Dat R53, doe.
Nice looking car. I approve.
Zillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 01:23 PM   #12
ClapperHighs
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: Mk7 GTI RS 6MT / 1983 Porsche 944
Mmmmmm. Front mount.

APR Stage 2 : SB stage 3 Drop In : Raceland Downpipe : BSH Race Intake : Coolingmist W/M CMGS : Polar FIS : Pagparts TB Spacer : BSH TB Pipe : Nuespeed TOP : DV Relocation : APR R1 DV : BSH Torque Arm Insert : Unibrace UB : Hotchkis 27mm RSB : 034 RSB End Links : VWR SS : 42DD Shifter Bushings : Verdict Bracket Bushings : Dark Cherry LED Tails : 245 Hankook Evo2's:
ClapperHighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 02:22 PM   #13
TrboGTi
Autocross Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClapperHighs View Post
Mmmmmm. Front mount.
Thanks. I wonder why more people don't run this style