GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > DIY Guides and Discussions

Old 08-16-2013, 03:05 PM   #57
redjet
Drag Race Newbie

Drives: 2012 red gli
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToMMyGuN View Post
Hmm, well the seafoam might help, but its unlikely.. can you notice it missing? I mean, if its not throwing a code for it, I would think its fine.. its misfires on all cylinders though, not just one or two?
Yeah, it misfires on all cylinders randomly... I think it is normal. I logged my friends stock gti and another stock cc and they all do this misfire thing... Also spoke with a friend who chips cars with revo tunes and he stated that they all misfire a little and that as long as the cel doesn't come on, then I'm fine...
redjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 04:47 PM   #58
ToMMyGuN
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: 2009 Pontiac G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by redjet View Post
Yeah, it misfires on all cylinders randomly... I think it is normal. I logged my friends stock gti and another stock cc and they all do this misfire thing... Also spoke with a friend who chips cars with revo tunes and he stated that they all misfire a little and that as long as the cel doesn't come on, then I'm fine...
Nice, you are good to go then, great repair work sir!
Old 08-16-2013, 08:45 PM   #59
redjet
Drag Race Newbie

Drives: 2012 red gli
Quote:
Nice, you are good to go then, great repair work sir!
Thanks TommyGUn! HOpefully the car is good now...
redjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 12:29 AM   #60
ToMMyGuN
Formula 5000 Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by redjet View Post
Thanks TommyGUn! HOpefully the car is good now...
Good luck!
Old 07-11-2014, 04:58 PM   #61
mfractal
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: A3 8P Sportback 2.0T
Quote:
You can usually get 2 cylinders closed at the same time too, so you can cut down wait time by overlapping the soak periods of 2 cylinders.

how do you control which cylinders stay close and which open ?
Old 07-11-2014, 05:00 PM   #62
ToMMyGuN
Formula 5000 Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfractal View Post
how do you control which cylinders stay close and which open ?
Via the serpintine belt. Just turn it by hand and wait to see which valves close. You don't need to control which one is open and which is closed, you just need to get them all closed at some point.
Old 07-12-2014, 06:27 AM   #63
mfractal
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: A3 8P Sportback 2.0T
Quote:
Via the serpintine belt. Just turn it by hand and wait to see which valves close. You don't need to control which one is open and which is closed, you just need to get them all closed at some point.
thanks man. one more.. is it necessary to remove the injectors? or, in other words, do I need to purchase the injectors service kit?
Old 07-12-2014, 11:03 AM   #64
ToMMyGuN
Formula 5000 Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfractal View Post
thanks man. one more.. is it necessary to remove the injectors? or, in other words, do I need to purchase the injectors service kit?
The injectors may pop out with the intake manifold when you remove it, so it's a good idea to have new seal kits ready in case they do. But it isn't completely necessary, you could just put them back in and hope the seals hold, seems a lot of guys are doing that.

I'd have the seal kits ready to be safe, you don't want to put it all back together only to have to take it all apart again for a seal..
Old 06-16-2016, 04:12 PM   #65
Hedgehodge
Ready to race!

Drives: 2011 GTI
Guess I'll be tackling this, someone said to use GM cleaner though, seems it may be more intended than CLR lol. Anyone attach a wire brush to a drill to do this? I'm mainly worried about them being slightly open and it seeping in.

Is it 100% open or 100% closed, no inbetweens? like if i turn it a tad to little can it be open 5-10% ?

73k and been misfiring since 40k and ever since that ECU "upgrade" it started misfiring and shaking like crazy a few thousand after...ironic huh?

Hedgehodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 10:57 AM   #66
sauceman101
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2010 UG GTI 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehodge View Post
Guess I'll be tackling this, someone said to use GM cleaner though, seems it may be more intended than CLR lol. Anyone attach a wire brush to a drill to do this? I'm mainly worried about them being slightly open and it seeping in.

Is it 100% open or 100% closed, no inbetweens? like if i turn it a tad to little can it be open 5-10% ?

73k and been misfiring since 40k and ever since that ECU "upgrade" it started misfiring and shaking like crazy a few thousand after...ironic huh?

You'll know when they're all the way closed, two should be at the same time as mentioned. Don't want them open and having anything seep down to the pistons, I imagine a lot of the chemicals used to do this wouldn't be great for the piston rings, not sure if that's actually true though
2010 UG GTI 6MT: Peloquin LSD, APR Stage 1, DIY RSR Clutch, VWR Streetsport+ Coils, IE Camber Plates, 034M Front End Links, Hotchkis RSB, APR Stage 1+2 Carbino Intake, HPA Red Subframe Puck, Enkei PF01s wrapped w/ Star Spec 2s, AWE DP, [i] Magnaflow CBE, BIG things coming if you catch the drift
sauceman101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 08:07 PM   #67
barnes93cb
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: '11 BMP 2Dr DSG GTI
What is the advantage of using both the carb cleaner and CLR?

I would ASSume that using just the CLR would suffice. Im trying to piece together my shopping list and all of the DIY threads have different items so far as chemicals are concerned.
barnes93cb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 04:57 PM   #68
twovalvekid
Go Kart Newbie

Drives: 2012 GTI
Resurrecting. Just did this myself. Car runs so much better. No misses. Now i have the dreaded P2015 code.
Old 06-16-2017, 12:44 AM   #69
Sleeping Forest
Touring Car Champion

Drives: 2011 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by twovalvekid View Post
Resurrecting. Just did this myself. Car runs so much better. No misses. Now i have the dreaded P2015 code.
If I recall from doing mine that was from the actuator on the manifold. I.E. it's broke when you took it off???. I could be wrong. I sure as hell don't remember the codes.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Old 06-16-2017, 12:53 PM   #70
twovalvekid
Go Kart Newbie

Drives: 2012 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeping Forest View Post
If I recall from doing mine that was from the actuator on the manifold. I.E. it's broke when you took it off???. I could be wrong. I sure as hell don't remember the codes.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Was the runner code. Car is currently at the local dealer getting manifold swapped.

But the carbon cleaning did an amazing number on improving MPGs. Easily a 10% increase and all of the idle issues are basically gone.

Tags
dubpl8 is 5'6" haha, he can blow standing up, redjetblowsloadsondudes, tommygunsdudesbuttholes