GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GFB DV+ Diverter Valve Kit - anyone has this setup, mang?

nafljhy

Go Kart Champion
So I got in contact with GFB too asking about the DV relocate for the GTI. If the bore size of the DV adapter is the same as the factory inlet:

If it is removed remotely and the bore is the same size as stock it will not be a problem.

Also,
we will be doing some testing in a couple of weeks as well to see if the current valve will work on a gti with a remotely located valve.

We are unsure at this stage if the new valve for the Golf R will work on the factory location in the GTI. There will be two separate products we think, as the air discharge diameter is smaller on the turbocharger. With the new DV+ on the GTI we think might have light surging or (fluttering) as it is basically designed for the R situation.

Cheers,

Gunda Adrian

As for any GTI that is K04, you will want the new DV+.

Last edited:

Cryptic19111

Go Kart Champion
so basically the people making the relocation adapters aren't machining them to spec?

KDearduff

Ready to race!
So in the case of a TSI (2012) GTI with an APR kit, is the upcoming revised version necessary, or is the the current version ok? The APR K04 kit keeps the DV mounted directly to the turbo, and isn't really a "DV relocation", correct?

The guys at modded euros, and their suppliers, have been excellent so far. I've already been told exchanging the current DV+ (being delivered today) for the upcoming revision won't be an issue, I'm just not sure which is the right one for my car. Having a K04 seems to imply I need the revision, since the Golf R's are having issues, but the factory-like location of the DV on the APR K04 kit seems to imply the current DV+ will work, or at least it seems that way to me. Any other insight you guys can provide is appreciated!

nafljhy

Go Kart Champion
so basically the people making the relocation adapters aren't machining them to spec?
from what they're saying yea, it's not to factory specs. great example would be integrated engineering. they have their own DV relocate adapter but they've widened the inlet to around 1.5in to allow more airflow. so it's more like every tuner or shop creating their own relocate bung with their own theories in how it should work.

So in the case of a TSI (2012) GTI with an APR kit, is the upcoming revised version necessary, or is the the current version ok? The APR K04 kit keeps the DV mounted directly to the turbo, and isn't really a "DV relocation", correct?

The guys at modded euros, and their suppliers, have been excellent so far. I've already been told exchanging the current DV+ (being delivered today) for the upcoming revision won't be an issue, I'm just not sure which is the right one for my car. Having a K04 seems to imply I need the revision, since the Golf R's are having issues, but the factory-like location of the DV on the APR K04 kit seems to imply the current DV+ will work, or at least it seems that way to me. Any other insight you guys can provide is appreciated!

The DV+ was designed for the GTI, we have tested it on unmodified Golf R’s and it works but it is the modified ones we are having problems with.
But when I asked about my GTI going K04, i was promptly told that I should get the new DV+. tbh, i'm not too sure which would be the best option.

Last edited:

ROOSTER1050

Go Kart Champion
Very cool, very promising!!!

so, with my CTS K04 kit -- that HAS the relocated DV , sounds like I should wait for the newer version.....

anyone got any rumors/info on what kind of sound this puts out??

Sspcivic31

Drag Race Newbie
Can somebody get them to tell us the thickness of the machined adapter? I sent them an email(3 days ago) and have not got squat back. Need to know since the apr kit has the one longer DIverter valve bolt, that will likely need replaced with an even longer one.
My DV+ should be here Thursday so hopefully if nothing else I will report back then.

I guess fitment of the seal will be determined by the dimensions apr used when making the flange for the ko4.

KDearduff

Ready to race!
I asked about the compatibility with the APR K04 Kit and received this response:

It seems like the biggest issue is when the diverter valve is relocated, since the APR kit has it in the OEM location it might not be an issue.

Since you are running a KO4 along with the other supporting mods I would definitely like to send you the upgraded piece so you don't have any issues in the future with it .

I had UPS intercept the package so it should get sent back to me, this way you don't have to deal with shipping it back out. I will know today or tomorrow on when the new part is going to be available to ship. Once I hear from them I will update you on the time frame.

Thank you again for your patience!

I ordered through Modded Euros, and they have been absolute pros keeping me up to date with everything. If they aren't the only guys selling this product, I highly recommend ordering through them. www.moddedeuros.com

GLI-Jeff

Can somebody get them to tell us the thickness of the machined adapter? I sent them an email(3 days ago) and have not got squat back. Need to know since the apr kit has the one longer DIverter valve bolt, that will likely need replaced with an even longer one.
My DV+ should be here Thursday so hopefully if nothing else I will report back then.

I guess fitment of the seal will be determined by the dimensions apr used when making the flange for the ko4.

I just emailed them the very same question this afternoon but since its barely 7am (now in AU), I didn't think I would get anything back for a few hours. Maybe with a second request they will respond :thumbsup:

Sspcivic31

Drag Race Newbie
I just emailed them the very same question this afternoon but since its barely 7am (now in AU), I didn't think I would get anything back for a few hours. Maybe with a second request they will respond :thumbsup:

Just got email back.
11mm is the flange thickness.
now to go pull the apr bolt and actually measure its length.

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Well I received notification mine shipped, I should have it by Wednesday.

I'm running an atp DV adapter which looks like it runs similar inlet bore to stock so ill post results.....

What I take from all of this is that we need to run the NEW DV+ kit that's coming out, especially due to the K04 and the DV relocation.

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Wanted to check in since I saw this thread going. See a bunch of you guys are looking to capitalize on the Go Fast Bits DV and were bummed you couldn't find any discounts elsewhere.

Just a heads up but we do offer forum discounts to members here. You can take 5% off any order with code "GolfMK6Forum".

If you have any questions you can always drop us an email at support@moddedeuros.com

Sean

Sean, I'm in for ordering from you but can you post when the NEW DV+ kit is on your site for the guys running K04 + DV relocation kit?

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Just to clarify, I sent this email to GFB right now for everyone...

Many of the GTI owners are unsure as to which DV+ kit you recommend for our cars. Can you please tell us what you recommend for each of the below setups? The current DV+ or the NEW DV+.

2010-2013 GTI / stock turbo / OEM DV location
2010-2013 GTI / stock turbo / Aftermarket DV relocation (custom or Unitronic kit)
2010-2013 GTI / K04 turbo / OEM DV location
2010-2013 GTI / K04 turbo / Aftermarket DV relocation
2010-2013 Golf R / stock turbo / OEM DV location

ROOSTER1050

Go Kart Champion
Just to clarify, I sent this email to GFB right now for everyone...

Many of the GTI owners are unsure as to which DV+ kit you recommend for our cars. Can you please tell us what you recommend for each of the below setups? The current DV+ or the NEW DV+.

2010-2013 GTI / stock turbo / OEM DV location
2010-2013 GTI / stock turbo / Aftermarket DV relocation (custom or Unitronic kit)
2010-2013 GTI / K04 turbo / OEM DV location
2010-2013 GTI / K04 turbo / Aftermarket DV relocation
2010-2013 Golf R / stock turbo / OEM DV location

Good on ya! :thumbsup:

def. post if you get solid info back....