GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HELP plzz - Reverse light...

Nicoo..

Ready to race!
Heyy everyone, my gti is barely a month old... and i just realized that when i put it in reverse.. there's only one of the two rear reverse lights that is on... i think the one on the right but i'm not sure..
my friend has an mk6 golf and he has the same issue... he went to the local dealer and they told him it is supposed to be like that.. :S
I'm a bit confused and don't know what to think... i'll probably pass by the dealer sometime next week but i just wanted to make sure..

anyone has the same issue? is it normal? (i have the euro spec gti btw, but i dont think it changes a thing)

thank you

Diego Armando

Go Kart Champion
:goes outside to check this out:

Keithuk

Go Kart Champion
Heyy everyone, my gti is barely a month old... and i just realized that when i put it in reverse.. there's only one of the two rear reverse lights that is on... i think the one on the right but i'm not sure..
my friend has an mk6 golf and he has the same issue...

Correct Mk5 and Mk6 only have one reversing light, tight ba****ds, probably the Mk4 as well. The left one the other side is the rear fog lamp. ;)

Nicoo..

Ready to race!
Correct Mk5 and Mk6 only have one reversing light, tight ba****ds, probably the Mk4 as well. The left one the other side is the rear fog lamp. ;)

Oh! yeah i knew there was one fog on the left... it's still kinda weird to have a fog on the left and a reverse light on the right... both should serve for reverse and for fog :S

Thanks a lot :)

Keithuk

Go Kart Champion
Oh! yeah i knew there was one fog on the left... it's still kinda weird to have a fog on the left and a reverse light on the right... both should serve for reverse and for fog
Yes you have one fog on the left because you drive on the right. You can't use the same bulb holder because fogs are red and reversing are white.

MK05-HJ09 said:
I went outside and checked upon reading this, having a US spec car, I have no rear fog, and two reverse lights that light up.
Thats strange aren't fog lamps compulsary in the US? ;)

Nicoo..

Ready to race!
Yes you have one fog on the left because you drive on the right. You can't use the same bulb holder because fogs are red and reversing are white.

nope, i drive on the left and have a fog on the left (the fog is just so people can that want to pass me see the left end of my car)...
but yeah i get it... its just that they should have done it like the audi TT or smthing... the fog in the middle and two reverse lights :S