GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Slammed = stupid/ridiculous

serpico

Passed Driver's Ed
And even if hypothetically, I was some guy who was completely taking advantage of VW with a fraudulent warranty claim, you are not allowed to try to track me down and stalk me in real life. That is way more illegal than any potential warranty claim fraud case. So before you go prattling on to people about morals and doing the right thing, look closely at yourself criminal.

Where did you get your law degree from, University of Phoenix?

Let's look at your original thread and go over the facts.

The car is at 6000 miles, I've only owned it for about 4 months and this is the third time it's in the shop for the freaking clutch. I went stage I at about 1000 miles and I really don't beat on this car, as my normal average mileage of over 32 mpg shows. I went stage II at about 4000 miles, but went back to the stock DP about a week later because the clutch couldn't handle stage II power immediately, it would just slip

You exceeded OEM specs at 1k miles and again at 4k miles. How can you assume the stock clutch was faulty given these variables are beyond me.

But, I didn't care.

Until...

I have plans to go K04, so an aftermarket clutch is definitely on the list of to do. I want VW to lose money on this.

At this point, you basically stated you wanted VW to take a hit on your clutch, which in my view, made it fraudulent.

Baldeagle

Ready to race!
Some people don't care about geometry and handling. :iono:

Or maybe they do a little, but they're willing to sacrifice objective qualities in pursuit of a subjective appearance.

Hell, we have people disconnecting front sways on here just to improve the slam factor of their bagged cars. What does that tell you? :laugh:

Good thought Zillon. Way off topic, I like the way your avatar looks like a penis head in motion. Very creative! Back to point, if someone does not care about geometry or handling and modifies their car in such a way that it becomes unsafe and dangerous, do we have any right to object?

SixSpeeder

Go Kart Champion
Where did you get your law degree from, University of Phoenix?

Let's look at your original thread and go over the facts.

Fact, you broke the law by attempting to make contact with me in real life through information you found out about me on the internet. We're not friends you creep, that's called stalking.

You exceeded OEM specs at 1k miles and again at 4k miles. How can you assume the stock clutch was faulty given these variables are beyond me.

A lot of people do, including the employees that work at my dealership. They had never seen or heard of a case like this one. Plus there was absolutely no signs of abuse, but you will forever think (and tell people) that SixSpeeder burned his clutch up with too much power.

Plus you keep failing to mention that the clutch exhibited signs of being faulty before I tuned.

At this point, you basically stated you wanted VW to take a hit on your clutch, which in my view, made it fraudulent.

VW supplied me with a defective part. I know the concept of getting a defective part from the factory and having a tune is too complicated for you to comprehend, but the only way VW knows they made a crap part is if it gets replaced. I went to the dealership three times to get their mistake fixed, and even though they replaced the part, they did not reimbursing me for my time.

So:
A) Got a defective part
B) Wasted a lot of my time

A+B= I wanted VW to fix their mistake, or worded as "lose money on it." Money that should have been put into QC in the first place, not based on my one incident, but based on the obvious differences in quality from stock clutch to stock clutch that has been plaguing GTIs for a long time.

Last edited:

outshined

Go Kart Champion
Actually they are objective terms. Applying them in subjective terms would be wrong. It would require objective analysis to use those terms.
You could define them to specific situations using objective terms to do so. But better and best are subjective on their own. Wrong is also a subjective term unless objectively defined to a specific situation.

outshined

Go Kart Champion
Whichever objective parameters you attach to better/best are also only relevant to people who accept those terms. Telling a person who doesn't care about acceleration that the best car is the car that accelerates from 0-60 in the least amount of time is largely irrelevant.

The problems arise when you have people with one set of parameters seeking approval from people with a different set of parameters.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Note to the forum:

If you come to an interview listing "air ride" as your mechanical skills, you will be laughed at.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
Whichever objective parameters you attach to better/best are also only relevant to people who accept those terms. Telling a person who doesn't care about acceleration that the best car is the car that accelerates from 0-60 in the least amount of time is largely irrelevant.

The problems arise when you have people with one set of parameters seeking approval from people with a different set of parameters.

No, the best car isn't the car that can accelerate from 0-60 in the least amount of time.

Still, power (at least adaquete power) is generally accepted as a desirable thing to have in ones car.

Same goes for handling.
Ultimate slalom times might mean little to the average buyer, but nimble handling and safe high speed handling characteristics are desirable even to the Consumer Reports crowd.

Slamming takes these traits and moves them towards the less funcional - even dangerous direction.

I should note that turning a boat like some giant old Impala into a Lowrider is ok with me.

It's seeing modern cars, particularly cars in geared towards performance mutated into pants on the ground dragging apparations that bothers me.

ali1

Ready to race!
pls keep the debate going i love reading this stuff :D

here some more for u guys

;)