GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 06-20-2017, 08:33 AM   #1
Mk6 Steve
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2013 Black GTI coupe DSG
Oil inside dv and wire harness??

Just this past weekend I got under the car to re-lube the dv+ brass piston. When I unplugged the wire harness I had oil dripping from the plug? I've never seen that before and I re-lube the brass piston every 10-15k miles. Is the dv+ the problem?
APR Stg 2 V2.4 w/ EMCS, Carbonio Stg 1 + 2 w/ AEM dry-flo filter, APR RSC TBE, Do88 Ic, 034 Catch Can Kit, AWE S3 top, Neuspeed charge pipe, GFB DV+ New revision, Rev D, R8 coils w/ NGK 2667, 034 motor/trans mounts, HPA 75A, TyrolSport subframe and brake stiffening kit, F+R Centric w/ StopTech Strt pads, USP SS brake lines, Depo dark cherry tails, ECS Blind Spot Mirrors, Enkei 18x8 black M52 w/ Conti DWS, Soundaktor delete, VCDS Hex-Can, P3 gauge
Mk6 Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 08:45 AM   #2
Natemk6
Autocross Newbie

Drives: 2012 CSG GTI DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mk6 Steve View Post
Just this past weekend I got under the car to re-lube the dv+ brass piston. When I unplugged the wire harness I had oil dripping from the plug? I've never seen that before and I re-lube the brass piston every 10-15k miles. Is the dv+ the problem?

Do you have oil anywhere else?

I saw this in my dv harness when I first installed my dv+. I believe it was oil leaking from the pcv hose that popped off my ecs intake when the mounting bracket snapped a few months before(ecs replaced the pipe under warranty)

I just cleaned it out as best as I could and put it back on
Natemk6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 11:16 AM   #3
Mk6 Steve
Rally Car Newbie

I'll double check the rear pcv hose to see if its leaking but I checked everything as best as I could and did't find a definitive source. The inside of the solenoid was heavily coated in oil so I don't think there was an oil leak from above the dv.
APR Stg 2 V2.4 w/ EMCS, Carbonio Stg 1 + 2 w/ AEM dry-flo filter, APR RSC TBE, Do88 Ic, 034 Catch Can Kit, AWE S3 top, Neuspeed charge pipe, GFB DV+ New revision, Rev D, R8 coils w/ NGK 2667, 034 motor/trans mounts, HPA 75A, TyrolSport subframe and brake stiffening kit, F+R Centric w/ StopTech Strt pads, USP SS brake lines, Depo dark cherry tails, ECS Blind Spot Mirrors, Enkei 18x8 black M52 w/ Conti DWS, Soundaktor delete, VCDS Hex-Can, P3 gauge
Old 06-20-2017, 01:17 PM   #4
FriggenT
Banned

Drives: 2013 Wolfsburg gti DSG
A bad pcv can cause oil to go down the intake through the turbo, and then it just gets all over. I had it before, after pcv replacement it was better. I did not have it on the plug though iirc, so that could be a different issue
FriggenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 01:23 PM   #5
jettaglis
FIA GT Champion

Drives: '88 gli, '11 cc, '12 gti
Oil will leak though the diverter valve, through the electrical connection. Replace the d/v for repair. I see it here at the dealership often enough.
jettaglis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 01:32 PM   #6
Mk6 Steve
Rally Car Newbie

I never had this issue before, I just installed my 034 catch can kit for spring/summer/fall so its quite possible that my last pcv that is used for winters only was bad.

I'm just wondering if my gfb dv+ has malfunctioned? The dv solenoid? Like I've said I've never seen the solenoid and connector dripping in oil.......

Do I buy a rev D AND a new dv+? Any help would be much appreciated

BTW gas mileage is normal but getting on boost feels jerky, no decarb yet at 81K miles (virtually ALL highway miles)
Old 06-20-2017, 01:34 PM   #7
Mk6 Steve
Rally Car Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jettaglis View Post
Oil will leak though the diverter valve, through the electrical connection. Replace the d/v for repair. I see it here at the dealership often enough.
Thanks for the heads up! I'm definitely buying a rev D, just not sure if my gfb went bad to allow the oil to seep into the solenoid....
Old 06-20-2017, 04:44 PM   #8
FriggenT
Banned

Drives: 2013 Wolfsburg gti DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mk6 Steve View Post
Thanks for the heads up! I'm definitely buying a rev D, just not sure if my gfb went bad to allow the oil to seep into the solenoid....
Turbosmart plumb back dv ftw!
FriggenT is offline   Reply With Quote