GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com



Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > VW Golf R Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-17-2013, 09:45 PM   #1
DerekKanarek
FIA World Rally Car Champion
 
DerekKanarek's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 4dr GTI
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 666
How long until the MK6 R will be <$20k?

I have a 2011 GTI that's about to hit 50k miles (only 1,500 on the new engine) and really want an R but they're still out of my price range. I'm just trying to figure out when possibly the R will be AROUND $20k? Like a CPO with 30k miles lets say. Idk just wanted to see if these things will come down in price or If I should just plan on keeping my GTI & driving it until it doesn't run anymore and save my $$ in the process
-Derek
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedVW11 View Post
you drive a shadow blue gti...you already won the race.
Mods: Revo Stage 2 | BSH Race Intake | Forge Twintercooler | R8 Coil Packs | Magnaflow CBE | BB Catless DP | VWR Springs | O.Z. Ultraleggeras | Michelin AS/3's |
DerekKanarek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 10:00 PM   #2
Kyle805
FIA GT Newbie
 
Kyle805's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 White 2-door GTI
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: CT
Posts: 857
Well my guess is not for quite awhile. When I was first shopping around last year I considered a mk5 R32 but they were still up there. CPO with 60k on it for ~23k everywhere I saw.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
__________________
Current car: 2011 Volkswagen Tiguan

Retired car: 2013 Volkswagen GTI

Top secret project in the making too..
Kyle805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 10:02 PM   #3
DerekKanarek
FIA World Rally Car Champion
 
DerekKanarek's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 4dr GTI
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle805 View Post
Well my guess is not for quite awhile. When I was first shopping around last year I considered a mk5 R32 but they were still up there. CPO with 60k on it for ~23k everywhere I saw.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
That's different though because they were limited to 5000
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedVW11 View Post
you drive a shadow blue gti...you already won the race.
Mods: Revo Stage 2 | BSH Race Intake | Forge Twintercooler | R8 Coil Packs | Magnaflow CBE | BB Catless DP | VWR Springs | O.Z. Ultraleggeras | Michelin AS/3's |
DerekKanarek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 10:11 PM   #4
reelknead1
Formula 5000 Driver
 
Drives: 2010 CSG GTI
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 1,445
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekKanarek View Post
That's different though because they were limited to 5000

Both were limited to 5000 units, the Golf R was just produced over two model years.
reelknead1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 10:22 PM   #5
barische
Formula 5000 Champion
 
barische's Avatar
 
Drives: GTI mk6
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,448
i bet they will get very close when the mk7 gti/R comes out ~2014
barische is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 10:28 PM   #6
DerekKanarek
FIA World Rally Car Champion
 
DerekKanarek's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 4dr GTI
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by reelknead1 View Post
Both were limited to 5000 units, the Golf R was just produced over two model years.
Is that true? Because I've seen a shit ton for sale just in the last 6 months alone
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedVW11 View Post
you drive a shadow blue gti...you already won the race.
Mods: Revo Stage 2 | BSH Race Intake | Forge Twintercooler | R8 Coil Packs | Magnaflow CBE | BB Catless DP | VWR Springs | O.Z. Ultraleggeras | Michelin AS/3's |
DerekKanarek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 10:35 PM   #7
sprytdi
FIA GT Newbie
 
Drives: looking for another
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: snoqualmie falls
Posts: 789
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekKanarek View Post
I have a 2011 GTI that's about to hit 50k miles (only 1,500 on the new engine) and really want an R but they're still out of my price range. I'm just trying to figure out when possibly the R will be AROUND $20k? Like a CPO with 30k miles lets say. Idk just wanted to see if these things will come down in price or If I should just plan on keeping my GTI & driving it until it doesn't run anymore and save my $$ in the process
-Derek
LOL


Sorry man....

DIG DEEP, GOTTA PAY 2 PLAY

First:
The R is VW's benchmark hatch, it's collector/limited run car, and this is the last year of the mk6 so that could be good or bad, probably bad cuz the cars are worth good money and there will be a few trying to get into the mk7 that need a certain amount out of their R dealer will give it to them and sell the used R at an inflated value and this action will drive up market value, and the nice low mileage GTI's are still goin for 20k....

Second:
the R holds it's value ten fold to the gti

Third:
What condition are you gonna expect to get an R in for 20G ? And would you buy it....

Keep saving, or you can get an Audi A3 s line but it's not any cheaper of a car really, just easier found and can be found in all sorts of price ranges depending on condition

I bet my R will still fetch nearly 20G in 5 years...
sprytdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 10:52 PM   #8
DerekKanarek
FIA World Rally Car Champion
 
DerekKanarek's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 4dr GTI
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprytdi View Post
LOL


Sorry man....

DIG DEEP, GOTTA PAY 2 PLAY

First:
The R is VW's benchmark hatch, it's collector/limited run car, and this is the last year of the mk6 so that could be good or bad, probably bad cuz the cars are worth good money and there will be a few trying to get into the mk7 that need a certain amount out of their R dealer will give it to them and sell the used R at an inflated value and this action will drive up market value, and the nice low mileage GTI's are still goin for 20k....

Second:
the R holds it's value ten fold to the gti

Third:
What condition are you gonna expect to get an R in for 20G ? And would you buy it....

Keep saving, or you can get an Audi A3 s line but it's not any cheaper of a car really, just easier found and can be found in all sorts of price ranges depending on condition

I bet my R will still fetch nearly 20G in 5 years...
Then how come they're already going for $26-28k being less than 2 years old? That's already a $10k deprecation from how much they were NEW. Give it another 2 years and the good ones will be $22k and the average one will be $20k.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedVW11 View Post
you drive a shadow blue gti...you already won the race.
Mods: Revo Stage 2 | BSH Race Intake | Forge Twintercooler | R8 Coil Packs | Magnaflow CBE | BB Catless DP | VWR Springs | O.Z. Ultraleggeras | Michelin AS/3's |
DerekKanarek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 10:58 AM   #9
Trinite7787
Go Kart Champion
 
Trinite7787's Avatar
 
Drives: GOLF R
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Columbia
Posts: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle805 View Post
Well my guess is not for quite awhile. When I was first shopping around last year I considered a mk5 R32 but they were still up there. CPO with 60k on it for ~23k everywhere I saw.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
It will be just like the R32 prob 5 to 6 more years before they get under 20 unless you get the 150+k mile one.

also the starting price on the golf R was higher than the R32
Trinite7787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 11:03 AM   #10
VR6Growl
Formula 3000 Driver
 
VR6Growl's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 Jetta 2.5 SEL; '14 328D xDrive
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Swan Point MD
Posts: 3,925
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekKanarek View Post
That's different though because they were limited to 5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by reelknead1 View Post
Both were limited to 5000 units, the Golf R was just produced over two model years.
Actually no; the Golf R was never a "Limited Edition" such as the MKIV and MKV R32s or the Fahrenheit Editions were. It was/is a low volume model for the US; but not specifically as a special edition.

Production numbers for the North American Golf R:

US:
2012 Golf R, 2 Door, 1281
2012 Golf R, 4 Door, 1516
2013 Golf R, 2 Door, 777
2013 Golf R, 4 Door, 1933

Total Golf R Production: 5507

Canada: 750; can't find a specific breakdown on those.
__________________
-Jason G. --
2012 Jetta 2.5 SEL
2014 BMW 328D xDrive
VR6Growl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 01:57 PM   #11
mwrmt
Formula 5000 Driver
 
mwrmt's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 MKVI R
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Pitt Meadows, BC, Canada
Posts: 1,513
Send a message via Yahoo to mwrmt
Quote:
Originally Posted by VR6Growl View Post
Actually no; the Golf R was never a "Limited Edition" such as the MKIV and MKV R32s or the Fahrenheit Editions were. It was/is a low volume model for the US; but not specifically as a special edition.

Production numbers for the North American Golf R:

US:
2012 Golf R, 2 Door, 1281
2012 Golf R, 4 Door, 1516
2013 Golf R, 2 Door, 777
2013 Golf R, 4 Door, 1933

Total Golf R Production: 5507

Canada: 750; can't find a specific breakdown on those.
In Canada, we got 500 2012's and 250 2013's.
__________________
You're living inspiration for what I never wanna be - Sully Erna/Godsmack

2012 Deep Black Pearl "R" back on PSS10's; APR Stage 2+(v3.31) w/Neuspeed CAI, TOP & Charge pipe; APR HPFP & TBE; Audi R8 coilpacks; 42DD shifter bushings; TyrolSport Solid Shifter Bracket Bushings, Neuspeed RSe52's on Michelin PSS...
mwrmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 02:00 PM   #12
GunKata
MILFn00dzHunter.com
 
GunKata's Avatar
 
Drives: '03 350Z Track, '11 Pcar, '06 Oddy
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ballsborough, IL
Posts: 60,147
rofl at "tenfold value over GTI"...


The MK6 R would probably be around $20K in about 3 more years, maybe a little longer, at retail pricing/dealers, I would guess.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniGLH View Post
Everybody knows GunKata > *.*

No GunKata, no care.


Need remote help buying or selling a car?

Chicago Car Network


I can haz 350z racecar?

Gone: 2011 Audi A3 Quattro DSG K04

Also Gone: 2011 GTI Autobahn MT Stage 2 BBK Lots of Mods
GunKata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 02:21 PM   #13
DerekKanarek
FIA World Rally Car Champion
 
DerekKanarek's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 4dr GTI
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunKata View Post
rofl at "tenfold value over GTI"...


The MK6 R would probably be around $20K in about 3 more years, maybe a little longer, at retail pricing/dealers, I would guess.
That sounds about right. I'm just going to wait at least 2 years until I can find a good CPO one for like $22k.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedVW11 View Post
you drive a shadow blue gti...you already won the race.
Mods: Revo Stage 2 | BSH Race Intake | Forge Twintercooler | R8 Coil Packs | Magnaflow CBE | BB Catless DP | VWR Springs | O.Z. Ultraleggeras | Michelin AS/3's |
DerekKanarek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 02:23 PM   #14
zrickety
Formula 3000 Champion
 
zrickety's Avatar
 
Drives: 10 GTI CSG DSG K04 4DR 130k+
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: GA 31015
Posts: 4,933
I see them at 25k already. Keep driving your GTI, the MK7 comes out and I bet the R is sub 20k in 2 years.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by rs999 View Post
He's a real straight shooter, no monkey business, and the wheel swap at the Kohl's parking lot was quick and easy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTI_likeurmom View Post
Well i did use a breaker bar to snug up that nut instead of a torque wrench.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreasyGinzo View Post
my subframe has been out twice without replacing any bolts and I don't have subframe clunks and my world hasn't ended and my car hasn't blown up.
zrickety is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.