GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New ecu cruise control disabled

petacris

Midway through a 600 mile drive from VA to Canada my ecu decides to fry (apr stage 1 about 2 months ago). Ended up getting it towed to the dealership and an issue that I really thought would be a bad coil pack - epc light on and in limp mode running on half the cylinders. Ended up that the ecu was fried and they put a new one in under warranty (didn't tell them it was tuned). When the car is eventually done I try to use cruise control and no matter how many times I flip the switch to turn it on it doesn't pop up on the screen that its on or engage. Next stop I fire up vagcom and find a thread in Rosstech about a new ecu's coming with cruise disabled and attempt to follow their instructions http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/cars/vwmkIV.html

Yes I know its for the mk4, but I also found another source of it apparently working on the mk6. The instructions read...
Factory fresh ECU's often come with cruise control de-activated. If this is the case, there will not be a letter "G" in the Component field of VCDS when connected to the Engine.

[Select]
[01 - Engine]
[Login - 11]
Enter 11463 to activate cruise control
[Do It!]

Problem being the [Login - 11] box is greyed out and unable to be clicked to even enter the code.

Anyone have any ideas? Or is it another painful trip back to the dealership and try to get them to fix it while I attempt to convince them to put the apr tune back onto the new ecu for free...

nitroscope8

Ready to race!
Head back to dealer. Takes 2 minutes to "activate cruise control" via the scanner. They won't give you lip, probably just an oversight.