GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ForgeMotorSport/GIAC Powered GTI Presents Projext KO4

Haiiro GTi

Ready to race!
Projext K04 does it again!......
Ok folks So I decided to hit the rollers saturday morning and was super shocked at the outcome. Last time on the roller I made 380whp on race file and ran 12.4@110-112 on pump gas with meth and 12.0@115 on race gas with meth back in june. Only changes made form then was dsg tune, new oem k04 CHRA, new timing chain tensioner and guide, and boost is around 25psi. Car made 416whp and 407-408wtq on pump gas and meth and race file pulled a crazy 430whp and 414wtq on a mustang dyno.
So went to track on sunday and my times for sure backed up my dyne. Running on full slicks " still have to get use to them" but car pulled a 12.1@114.9. I think its safe to say that the fastest on pump gas and meth. Anyways here are some pics and video will come shorty. Enjoy!

Pump gas and meth

100oct and meth

Track DA and Temps on Sunday

1/4 mile times on pump gas and meth

:thumbsup:

ErBall

Measurement Mogul
What is your fueling setup??

I'm not saying I don't believe your dyno numbers, but you've got a lot of guys out there with a substantially larger turbos not pushing out those numbers. Stock fueling is only good to ~360whp.

Avant

Ready to race!
Holy MOLLY!

Do you have the released Extreme file or the 399wtq file that GIAC didn't want to release (to protect rods)?

I assume it's just all slight turbo work on top of the off the shelf Extreme tune ... god fucking damn.

I'm not saying I don't believe your dyno numbers, but you've got a lot of guys out there with a substantially larger turbos not pushing out those numbers. Stock fueling is only good to ~360whp.

Pretty sure it's just meth. It could be a combination of the DSG tune and the turbo work doing wonders. Also, the GIAC Extreme tune is potent AF.

Last edited:

drepai

Go Kart Champion

^this

tom@aptuning

VW Service & Performance
The car is obviously making power judging by the timeslips but the 430whp from a k04 is insane. Im no engineer but I don't see how in the world that is possible. Also don't mustang dyno's generally related to crank power, hence "eng pow" on the computer?

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
Projext K04 does it again!......
Ok folks So I decided to hit the rollers saturday morning and was super shocked at the outcome. Last time on the roller I made 380whp on race file and ran 12.4@110-112 on pump gas with meth and 12.0@115 on race gas with meth back in june. Only changes made form then was dsg tune, new oem k04 CHRA, new timing chain tensioner and guide, and boost is around 25psi. Car made 416whp and 407-408wtq on pump gas and meth and race file pulled a crazy 430whp and 414wtq on a mustang dyno.
So went to track on sunday and my times for sure backed up my dyne. Running on full slicks " still have to get use to them" but car pulled a 12.1@114.9. I think its safe to say that the fastest on pump gas and meth. Anyways here are some pics and video will come shorty. Enjoy!

I wish I could make that on my APR tune :wub:

drepai

Go Kart Champion
The car is obviously making power judging by the timeslips but the 430whp from a k04 is insane. Im no engineer but I don't see how in the world that is possible. Also don't mustang dyno's generally related to crank power, hence "eng pow" on the computer?
I agree, I don't see how that is physically possible with a k04 and I'm having a lot of trouble understanding this. Comparing to similar setups there's a Unitronic tuned k04 GTI with meth, a port & polish, larger compressor wheel, forge WG and so on. That car made around 390whp on a Dynojet and ran 11.6 at 119.92mph. http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69311
You made 430whp on a mustang dyno (without fueling on pump gas + meth with a k04 :confused:) which reads significantly lower than a Dynojet yet you ran 12.1 at 114.9. Just look at the 1/4 mile thread and look at what people run vs the power they make... does not compute. I understand there are many other factors that go into it but DAMN, that is a big difference given the numbers. Are you manual or DSG? I'm not trying to hate, this project is awesome and your 1/4 mile results are great, I'm just a little confused because the dyno numbers make no sense to me. 430 crank hp would make a lot more sense. I know I sound like one of this paper racer is the VS section but I'm a bit lost here lol, maybe I'm missing something :confused:

Haiiro GTi

Ready to race!

Iike I said I'm shocked also. I always felt that stock fuel system was good for 380whp maybe just a tab bit more if pushed but never 400hp.

Haiiro GTi

Ready to race!

Hey Tom not sure Ive been using this dyno for like 7 or 8 years now and I always thought the graph sheets were WHP. But even if its not I'm still around 400hp. But I was shocked. and I had them recalibrate the dyne 3 times becuz I didn't believe what I was seeing. I think ima get car dyno on another mustang dyno by another big shop here in orlando. :thumbsup:

tom@aptuning

VW Service & Performance
Hey Tom not sure Ive been using this dyno for like 7 or 8 years now and I always thought the graph sheets were WHP. But even if its not I'm still around 400hp. But I was shocked. and I had them recalibrate the dyne 3 times becuz I didn't believe what I was seeing. I think ima get car dyno on another mustang dyno by another big shop here in orlando. :thumbsup:

Yea Im not trying to hate, just seems like you are defying the laws of physics. What did you do that gained 50"whp" from a couple months back?

With general consensus that would be like 450whp+ on a dynojet. Again not trying to stir the pot but the mustang dyno is great for tuning but to easy to be manipulated even if by accident. As show below.

Haiiro GTi

Ready to race!
I agree, I don't see how that is physically possible with a k04 and I'm having a lot of trouble understanding this. Comparing to similar setups there's a Unitronic tuned k04 GTI with meth, a port & polish, larger compressor wheel, forge WG and so on. That car made around 390whp on a Dynojet and ran 11.6 at 119.92mph. http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69311
You made 430whp on a mustang dyno (without fueling on pump gas + meth with a k04 :confused:) which reads significantly lower than a Dynojet yet you ran 12.1 at 114.9. Just look at the 1/4 mile thread and look at what people run vs the power they make... does not compute. I understand there are many other factors that go into it but DAMN, that is a big difference given the numbers. Are you manual or DSG? I'm not trying to hate, this project is awesome and your 1/4 mile results are great, I'm just a little confused because the dyno numbers make no sense to me. 430 crank hp would make a lot more sense. I know I sound like one of this paper racer is the VS section but I'm a bit lost here lol, maybe I'm missing something :confused:

Its all good bro. And I appreciate what u have to say. I mean it could be possible the dyno is off. But what Im trying to show with my project k04 is progression on all the steps I'm maken. And what I'm doing does make power.

So yes my car is DSG, and the 429 number were done on meth plus a mix of 100 oct and a lil e-85, on pump gas and meth car put down 390whp 1st pass, recalibrated - 403whp 2nd pass, recalibrated dyno put down 408whp and last pass was 415whp and let car cool off, put in race gas mix in and put car on race gas file. And then put down 429 I was like thats fu(king crazy. I still don't fully believe it. But if anything I'm prob high in the numbers. Now as for track and 1/4 mile. K04 is still a small turbo and will still fall off on top end where BT setup still have lots of power still.
But 12.1@114.9 on pump gas and meth is moving and good power. Most k04 guys are running that on there 100oct files. If i trap 118 or higher on race file that will tell me car is near 400hp for sure. We will see :thumbup: