GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2014, 09:57 PM   #295
DSGVW
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: 2012 CSG GTI DSG
DSG is in 6th by 40.. I've even gotten it to go at 34 if you take it real easy. Absurd.
Old 06-30-2014, 06:12 PM   #296
s0n1cm0nk3y
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2013 GTI APR K04
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arin@APR View Post
Just an FYI, usually when we start getting deep into a project, like a file update, I like to give you guys info when I have it. So, no worries there. When it's in full swing, and I have some results, I'll start feeding it to you guys. : )
granted the info is based on stage 1, but considering 2 is remarkably close to the same thing, would this also be a possible future update to stage 2?
PARTED OUT:2013 CSG GTI DSG/ APR K04 V3.1/APR DSG Tune V1.5/42 Draft Designs downpipe +cat - res / GFB DV+ / SPM V2 Intercooler/ VWR Intake / APR RSB +135%/ VWR Springs + Koni STR.Ts (to be installed) //
Old 07-07-2014, 10:23 AM   #297
fredf
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: 2011 GTI
Well now that the Stage 3 people are happy as pigs in s**t over their latest revision...and now that it's over a week since the last post.....

...any love for Stage 1 update.....APR???
Old 07-07-2014, 10:33 AM   #298
FL_GTI
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2012 GTI 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredf View Post
Well now that the Stage 3 people are happy as pigs in s**t over their latest revision...and now that it's over a week since the last post.....

Was thinking the same exact thing last night! Hoping to hear some updates sooner rather than later... We all do have to understand it's really only one guy (Jamie@APR) doing all of the revisions to the software while having a whole other animal on his hands with the MK7. With that said though, let the update commence
Old 07-07-2014, 10:39 AM   #299
FLtrooper
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: No Mas VW! Hola Audi!
Quote:

Stage 3 update was released?

Bump for stage uno!!

Sticking to two wheels from now on!
Old 07-07-2014, 03:18 PM   #300
Gti207
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2013 Drivers Edition GTI
Old 07-08-2014, 01:43 PM   #301
syonxwf
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: '13 MKVI GTI
No updates, just bumping to the front of the line. Any additional requests or changes to the existing list? And no, saying "That idea is dumb, who wants that?!" is not an acceptable way to say you don't like a feature request.

Feature Requests

* Optional Torque management.
- Maybe an option or addition to the file, but only if specifically requested by the user at the time of the update; Otherwise maybe a way to enable/disable the feature via the mobile app for those that really want it.
* Rev Hang delete.
* 2nd/3rd and/or 3rd/4th Boost/Shifting issue
- Throttle body doesn't fully open right away, causing boost to sit at less than 3 psi after shifting, until foot is lifted and gas reapplied, or until waiting for the TB to finally open.
* Custom/Pro tune
- Not sure if this is already available or not (haven't heard about it if it is), but maybe the option to have a "pro" tune as other tuners (in other markets usually) call it. The ability to go in and get a tune specific to the mods on your car. This way someone who has multiple mods above and beyond the requirement for stage 1 / 2 can get more power (if the power is safely available). If this is something that could be made available (probably for an additional cost) I could definitely see myself being very interested.
* Additional Power
- This goes hand in hand with the custom/pro tune. If additional power can be safely squeezed out of the car, I'm sure there would be no complaints. If the turbo is maxed out, obviously no one is going to want to risk a turbo failure, but if more can be had, I'm all for it.
*E85 Tune
- This is being worked on by another tuner, and I believe there is some desire for this by APR users as well.
*DSG Throttle delay
*DSG Pedal Control

- See post #156 by DSGVW for details on that one. His quote, "For instance, us DSG folks take off from a stop and the car is just bogging along in D, zero power to be had. Move your foot 1/4 inch on the throttle and BOOM, downshift and full boost and tire slippage and hoonery ensues. This is insanity in daily driving. Sounds like APRs new tune will allow for more pedal control so you won't lose anything down low, you will just have ot push more throttle to get more throttle, the way it should be."
*Smoother power delivery, less surge from low speeds/stopped
- Post #175
*Low speed Jerkiness
- I have also noticed this quite a bit. The car is trying to catch itself from stalling at really low speeds, and seems to kind of jerk forward. Not sure if it's fixable, but wanted to mention it.
*No Lift Shifting
- Not sure what this would entail, or if it's really desired by anyone, but it seems like it would be an interesting feature to have.
*Linear Throttle Pedal
- Closer to a 1 to 1 ratio on the pedal. Push 30%, get 30%.

Stage 1 Specific

*Jerkiness
- No idea on the specifics of this, can someone explain to me? Just something I came across. (Post #36 by dcpppf)
// 2013 CSG GTI 6M // APR K04 v3.1 Low Output // Neuspeed FMIC // IE Intake // Sigma 6 SS // Ed's LED Tails // H&R Ultra Low Coilovers // Eurojet DP // Custom 3" Catback & Vibrant Resonator // Neuspeed Torque Insert // SB S2 Daily Clutch w/SMFW
// 2013 RAM 1500 Quad Cab // Custom 3" Stainless Exhaust // Dual Cherry Bomb Extreme Mufflers // Anzo U-Bar Black Headlights
Old 07-09-2014, 01:19 PM   #302
damagi123
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2012 GTI DSG
bump for rev hang elimination and pedal delay in stg 1! Its a total fun killer!
Old 07-10-2014, 03:36 PM   #303
Nineeightgolf
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2011 gti
You guys are dreaming if you think APR is going to devote any more RND to the mk6 platform for stage1 customers with the release of the mk7. How could the cost/benefit ratio ever work out for them? They arent going to sell that many more tunes on mk6 with a software update.
Old 07-10-2014, 04:04 PM   #304
XGC75
Formula 1 Driver

Drives: into shit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineeightgolf View Post
You guys are dreaming if you think APR is going to devote any more RND to the mk6 platform for stage1 customers with the release of the mk7. How could the cost/benefit ratio ever work out for them? They arent going to sell that many more tunes on mk6 with a software update.
The software is already there, it'll be some tuning and coding for box codes. Also, what's learned on this platform translates to others. The EA888 is everywhere these days (including, by the way, in the mk7s).

butchered by autocorrecr
Old 07-10-2014, 05:20 PM   #305
Tom@APTuning
GolfMK6 Official Vendor

Drives: 2010 GTI S3+, 2012 Golf R S3
Quote:
Originally Posted by XGC75 View Post
The software is already there, it'll be some tuning and coding for box codes. Also, what's learned on this platform translates to others. The EA888 is everywhere these days (including, by the way, in the mk7s).

butchered by autocorrecr
Yea but it is a completely different EA888 with completely different engine management.
Old 07-10-2014, 07:03 PM   #306
fredf
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: 2011 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom@APTuning View Post
Yea but it is a completely different EA888 with completely different engine management.
Are you suggesting that APR is finished with updates for the Mk6?
Old 07-10-2014, 07:21 PM   #307
Tom@APTuning
GolfMK6 Official Vendor

Drives: 2010 GTI S3+, 2012 Golf R S3
Quote:
Are you suggesting that APR is finished with updates for the Mk6?

Nothing of the sort, just that the stated comparison is not valid.

I agree that most of the features and benefits would be an easy transfer to a new tune but I also know mk7 though is logically priority right now
Old 07-11-2014, 12:09 AM   #308
XGC75
Formula 1 Driver

Drives: into shit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom@APTuning View Post
Nothing of the sort, just that the stated comparison is not valid.

I agree that most of the features and benefits would be an easy transfer to a new tune but I also know mk7 though is logically priority right now
I was talking about the features they've developed on the mk6 platform. Those will be carried over. Software is software, aside from hardware interchange layers.

butchered by autocorrecr

Closed Thread