GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My modest build

Injen1us

Drag Race Newbie
Did the bumper come pre-painted? Looks good!

And that's a legit diffuser! I read about it when hyde16 was doing the reviews. Cool stuff coming up :)

I wish it came painted... I dropped about 450 to get it done professionally. I want it to look sharp ya know? Should be moving to a milltek front license plate mount too. i wont be putting holes in this bumper intentionally. lol

The diffuser im super pumped on. I have heard they are looking to do a front set up too and if thats the case ill be getting it too. My big move on aero is to make the underside as seamless and flat as possible. This is something cars under the 100k price point just dont have

deep.mit

Go Kart Champion
I wish it came painted... I dropped about 450 to get it done professionally. I want it to look sharp ya know? Should be moving to a milltek front license plate mount too. i wont be putting holes in this bumper intentionally. lol

The diffuser im super pumped on. I have heard they are looking to do a front set up too and if thats the case ill be getting it too. My big move on aero is to make the underside as seamless and flat as possible. This is something cars under the 100k price point just dont have

I agree. That would make a huge difference on the track.

Btw, I didn't know Milltek makes license plate mounts. Are they the same ppl who make exhausts? Or did you mean USMillworks? I run one. Love the build-quality and the adjustability!

APRMK6GTi

Go Kart Champion
the Verus diffuser is great man, it gets me better mpg and cleaner rear hatch. Nick reports performance difference on track too. Where did you purchase that Reiger bumper from?

Injen1us

Drag Race Newbie
the Verus diffuser is great man, it gets me better mpg and cleaner rear hatch. Nick reports performance difference on track too. Where did you purchase that Reiger bumper from?

Im pumped to get that diffuser installed.

The Rieger front bumper I got off ESE tuning (NOT ECS). I will say the bumper itself is only 600 but the inserts for the grille and sides add up quick. Then I had it proper painted and matched which cost 450 bucks (with a 10% discount).

All said im out 1500 for the facelift. More than I wanted to spend but I had plenty of time to save.

Injen1us

Drag Race Newbie
Rieger R-style bumper

Well it only took me about a month to get it together but it is together.
While I was away I bought this Rieger bumper because my OEM one was brutally beat. Between rock chips from the autobahn and the desert in SoCal, as well as the holes and scrapes in the bottom, I had been looking for other options for a while.

I knew I wanted an R style bumper but most were out of stock or questionably built. I picked the Rieger because it looked true enough to the original but just a bit more aggressive. It is German made which gave me more confidence about the fit and quality as well. And the few cars I had seen it on looked stellar. So i bit the bullet (about 900 dollar bullet from ESE tuning).

Packaging 5/5:
My wife unboxed it while I was away but she said it looked great. Everything was appropriately wrapped and handled. Because of the size it does come via freight mail and it comes from Germany... so it did take about a month or two.

Installation 2/5:
Seeing that the instructions were entirely in German the installation was going to be a problem (hence the long delay). Ich spreche ein bisschen Deutsch but it was not enough to translate it all. So i just did it without instructions. However the big issue with installation is just how much work it is. For a body part that is so expensive I would have imagined more clips and screws. Instead they basically give you a high strength silicon caulk and tell you to go at it. The side panels are the worst as they are plastic that are quite finicky. Once i got everything in place i hit it with the caulk and let it stay overnight. I will say that stuff is basically jbweld... it wont go anywhere.

Fitment 2/5: There are significant but certainly not deal breaking panel gap issues where the bumper meets the fender. I have an idea of how to fix this though. The fender liner in the wheel well did not match up to holes predrilled on the bumper. Because of this they are secured with two on each side (one lower and one higher) as opposed to 4. The center grill doesnt really want to sit nicely in the recess. The side pieces I also mentioned were quite finicky. Again... for the better part of a grand I expected A LOT better in this area.

0419190947b.jpg
0419190948.jpg

Build Quailty 4/5: As far as the over all integrity of the bumper I dont have any issues (so far). Its is made from some thick and tough plastic that is still flexible enough to latch on where it needs. Wiith the 8 bolts that hold the whole thing in place it has zero movement and play. I docked another point off due to fitment again here though as fitment was so bad I do feel the build quality suffers.

Looks 5/5: Yeah im still going to give this a perfect score regardless of the aforementioned issues. It just looks amazing in my opinion. Its aggressive but not ricey; and once i fabricate some functional air ducts from where the lights should go it will be even better.

0419190953_HDR.jpg

Value 3/5: Body parts are hard... you do pay for what you get. I think the 900 dollar range is fair... but also not. I expect better scores in the above areas particularly because i had to pay to get it paint matched. For comparison when i bought my carbon fiber hood from the hated ECS it was cheaper and fit better. The saving grace with this is that it looks so damn mean without being over the top.

0419190953.jpg

Overall 3/5: i would recommend this ONLY to people looking to really break away from the crowd. A more skilled body guy could probably make this fit better and look better but most of us are not that guy/gal. If I am being honest and were doing this over again I might reconsider the traditional R bumper because assembly/fitment would be 200% easier. But only a dozen or so people in the US run this bumper so... yay for scene points?

Lastly, this thing is low. about 1.5 inch drop or so. I lifted the front end a bit to help but she will scrape. Here is hoping I can at least get a year on this thing. Lol.

0419190947.jpg

Injen1us

Drag Race Newbie
Ran the car at the drag strip today. Car is definitely behaving well. Still working on the launch a bit more but the car is trapping fast. Whenever I get the r/t and 60' time right I cant get the trap I want... when I get the trap I want I cant get the r/t.

Oh well. Still making improvements and it was a lot of fun.

Best time:
0427191835.jpg

Video of my best r/t and 60'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Y3aBj54-s0

Injen1us

Drag Race Newbie
Sigh. Love how people assume manual drivers don't know how to drive.

Personally never lost to a similar modded dsg. They are advantage on downshifting. Upshifts meh

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I gotta give it to DSGs here man. Dont get me wrong, Ill always be a manual driver. But DSG drivers would do this faster just of preserving boost alone (not to mention shift speed).

That being said I can break into the 12s if I go to my 93 tune.

deep.mit

Go Kart Champion
Sigh. Love how people assume manual drivers don't know how to drive.

Personally never lost to a similar modded dsg. They are advantage on downshifting. Upshifts meh

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Haha, did I mean that? I am not sure how it came across like that. I drive a manual and it will be my choice of transmission always. Driving manual takes a lot of skill compared to autos. But you cannot ignore that a good DSG with an aggressive tune is blazingly fast with shifts. That said, a very skilled driver can be as fast in a stick-shift. That's the beauty of manual, it improves with driver skill :)

I gotta give it to DSGs here man. Dont get me wrong, Ill always be a manual driver. But DSG drivers would do this faster just of preserving boost alone (not to mention shift speed).

That being said I can break into the 12s if I go to my 93 tune.

Agree. Looking forward to your future runs! :)

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Manual or not it is tough to get a FWD turbo car into the low 13's, high 12's.

Used to have a cobalt - ~200 factory horsepower managed a 14.1
When it had 380 whp and drag slicks, i think my best was a 13.1. lol. I'm not the best driver but still