GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Ordering | Pricing | PR Material Discussions

Old 01-31-2014, 03:33 PM   #1
trev1342
FIA Formula 1 Champion

Drives: '14 GTI Driver's Edition DSG
The Time Has Come! Finally!

Many of you have seen me around this forum commenting and stuff, and I'm finally starting the process of getting my GTI! Grades are amazing, and I now have my full driver's license. I have looked around so much over these past few months, I've looked at used A3's and A4's to V6 Camaros. I can't find a car I like more than the GTI. I love the way it drives, the interior quality, the design, everything. So now comes the whole buying process. So as of now I've been to 2 different dealerships, Huntington & Smithtown. Smithtown is telling me they guarantee to beat other prices. Obviously I am going with my parents, and they are great at getting the prices down, but what would be considered to be a good deal on a "2014" GTI? Do they come with all the accessories? Also, the wheels for those models are half and half. Half Serrons, half Lagunas. Any other tips? They already think I'm interested in a Focus ST, and a BRZ. Thanks.

Photos coming within the next 2 weeks, same goes for a build thread.
DeAuto Full LED Kit w. Red Footwells - Aluminum Glove Box Handle - OEM Auto Euro Light Switch - VAG-COM - Clear Side Markers - Amber LED Side Marker Bulbs - APR Carbonio Intake - APR Stage 1 Tuned - OEM R8 Coil Packs - OEM Porsche Coolant/Oil Caps - Black Wiper Fluid Cap - ECS Carbon Fiber Engine Cover - Bright Halogen Fog Light Bulbs - OEM Golf R Euro LED Tails (R20) - DeAuto Amber Front/Rear LED Turn Signals - DeAuto LED Reverse Lights
trev1342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 10:45 PM   #2
stucky
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: 12' 4 dr 6sp Man Autobahn. BUH LAK
about time. g'luck.
stucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 12:30 AM   #3
Tkulhanc134
Formula 1 Driver

Drives: MK7 GTI DSG
Congrats on hard work to earn such a great car!
Old 02-01-2014, 12:41 AM   #4
Zillon
Banned

Drives: Dat R53, doe.
A good price depends all upon the equipment on the car. A lot of dealers all over the states are offering good prices on Wolfsburg GTIs, though.

I took a look at Smithtown's site, looks like they're already offering at least a $2k discount on their available GTIs. Were you able to convince your parents to let you get a stick?
Zillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 01:32 AM   #5
trev1342
FIA Formula 1 Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zillon View Post
A good price depends all upon the equipment on the car. A lot of dealers all over the states are offering good prices on Wolfsburg GTIs, though.

I took a look at Smithtown's site, looks like they're already offering at least a $2k discount on their available GTIs. Were you able to convince your parents to let you get a stick?
That's good! Thanks for looking. And for stick, I'm still fighting... Obviously I keep my respect and I'm thankful enough to get a GTI as it is, but I really want a stick, bad... I know it's a better choice. Remember, these are people who drive Acuras... An RLX is apparently very sure-footed... Someday, when I'm on my own, I'm buying a stick weekend car.
DeAuto Full LED Kit w. Red Footwells - Aluminum Glove Box Handle - OEM Auto Euro Light Switch - VAG-COM - Clear Side Markers - Amber LED Side Marker Bulbs - APR Carbonio Intake - APR Stage 1 Tuned - OEM R8 Coil Packs - OEM Porsche Coolant/Oil Caps - Black Wiper Fluid Cap - ECS Carbon Fiber Engine Cover - Bright Halogen Fog Light Bulbs - OEM Golf R Euro LED Tails (R20) - DeAuto Amber Front/Rear LED Turn Signals - DeAuto LED Reverse Lights
Old 02-02-2014, 01:33 AM   #6
trev1342
FIA Formula 1 Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkulhanc134 View Post
Congrats on hard work to earn such a great car!
Thanks! Honestly it's been a great motivator to strive even higher. Been saving for gas and all that for awhile too.
Old 02-02-2014, 01:34 AM   #7
trev1342
FIA Formula 1 Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by stucky View Post
about time. g'luck.
Thanks! Not a day that's gone by when I'm not thinking about it haha!
Old 02-15-2014, 01:47 AM   #8
trev1342
FIA Formula 1 Champion

I'm just waiting until the beginning of march because of all this snow.. I will NOT have a brand new car covered in salt, sand, and subjected to all the potholes.
Old 02-15-2014, 02:17 AM   #9
EJBGTIVI
Formula 2 Champion

Drives: 2010 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by trev1342 View Post
I'm just waiting until the beginning of march because of all this snow.. I will NOT have a brand new car covered in salt, sand, and subjected to all the potholes.
If your parents gave you the green light, I would get on it now. The longer you wait, the less likely you will be able find exactly what you want. Snow and salt wash off and potholes are pretty much always an issue in northern states.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancity2Constantinople View Post
this forum just keeps getting more stupider each day.
R.I.P. Shuggie 2.19.2000 - 3.19.2016
EJBGTIVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 04:24 AM   #10
Bmath340
Touring Car Champion

Drives: 13 .:R CSG
Too bad you're not in socal! I would look for a 13 if I were you. I have $4500 off on 13s left over right now..
Old 02-15-2014, 07:40 AM   #11
afctom
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: MK6 1.4 TSI
Jeez just passed your test and you're getting a GTI. I only managed to get a 1.4 TSI because Insurance quotes were 7000/8000 per year on a GTI... what's it like in America?
afctom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 05:31 PM   #12
trev1342
FIA Formula 1 Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by afctom View Post
Jeez just passed your test and you're getting a GTI. I only managed to get a 1.4 TSI because Insurance quotes were 7000/8000 per year on a GTI... what's it like in America?
It's still quite a bit of money, but the car is listed under my parents with me being the main driver. That cuts the rates in half. It's still quite a bit though. 7,000 Pounds is about $11,000 I'm guessing? If so that's a lot of money. For me it would cost about $6,300 or 10,000 Pounds.. Thats mainly because I live in New York. Of course a 4 door model is less, but being 17, male, NY, GTI, nothing is in my favor there. Surprisingly, the Civic Si is even more, I wonder why
Old 02-15-2014, 05:32 PM   #13
trev1342
FIA Formula 1 Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJBGTIVI View Post
If your parents gave you the green light, I would get on it now. The longer you wait, the less likely you will be able find exactly what you want. Snow and salt wash off and potholes are pretty much always an issue in northern states.
I'm getting pricing now-I've been worrying about that.. It will have to be the first 2 weeks of March though.
Old 02-15-2014, 05:52 PM   #14
afctom
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: MK6 1.4 TSI
Quote:
Originally Posted by trev1342 View Post
It's still quite a bit of money, but the car is listed under my parents with me being the main driver. That cuts the rates in half. It's still quite a bit though. 7,000 Pounds is about $11,000 I'm guessing? If so that's a lot of money. For me it would cost about $6,300 or 10,000 Pounds.. Thats mainly because I live in New York. Of course a 4 door model is less, but being 17, male, NY, GTI, nothing is in my favor there. Surprisingly, the Civic Si is even more, I wonder why
Unbelievable money mate on top of the car. Think I could have probably just about afforded a GTI if the insurance wasn't so much.. 17 year old male as well... think once I'm 19/20 it will be down to 1-2k

Anyway very jealous that you're able to still get one. Enjoy it mate
afctom is offline   Reply With Quote