GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 05-14-2017, 08:25 PM   #1
Jr152gti
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: 2013 gti apr stage 1
Low idle start up

So for the past few days, every time i start up my car it on goes up to 1200 rpm and drops to 800 rpm fairly quick. I live in texas and its currently 90 degrees outside. its doing the same start up, as cold starts when the snowflake appears in cold weather. My normal start ups used to go up to about 1600 rpm and immediately drop to 1200 rpm for a few seconds and then down to 700 rpm. I've tried to find answers here but no one has had the same issue. Any advice on returning the car to its original idle
Ps. I did have my car serviced at a VW dealer a couple times for carbon cleaning and stuck injectors. Looked for for vacuum leaks post maf sensor and found that they left the coupler clamp for my CAI that goes to the turbo completely loose( pulled the whole piping off the turbo with one hand) and was also missing the bolt that holds the CAI piping to the engine. Re-tightened it, got better throttle response but it did not fix my idle issue.
Jr152gti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 09:32 PM   #2
Slowgti08
Autocross Champion

Drives: 2008 VW GTI
Sounds normal. Mine does the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Slowgti08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 02:30 AM   #3
snobrdrdan
Formula 2 Champion

Drives: a VW
Send a message via AIM to snobrdrdan
Normal
Old 05-15-2017, 08:29 AM   #4
Carlosfandango
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2010 MK6 GTI 6MT CSG
I would say this is normal, mine does this also!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Carlosfandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 11:03 AM   #5
Dans GTI
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2010 MK6
If your doing start ups in 90f weather thats pretty normal i would say.
2010 MK6 GTI 6MT: APR Stage 2.4 High Output : eBay special downpipe : IE Intake : R8 Coils : BKR7EIX : DWS06 : 034 Dog Bone Mount : 034 Dog Bone Insert : StopTech Brake Pads : SPM CatBack : Sachs ZF Clutch : Diesel Geek Short Shifter : GFB DV + : Clutch Stop :
Dans GTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 11:04 AM   #6
Dans GTI
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2010 MK6
I see your APR stage 1, what version of the tune do you have? Previous versions of the tune had cold start issues.
2010 MK6 GTI 6MT: APR Stage 2.4 High Output : eBay special downpipe : IE Intake : R8 Coils : BKR7EIX : DWS06 : 034 Dog Bone Mount : 034 Dog Bone Insert : StopTech Brake Pads : SPM CatBack : Sachs ZF Clutch : Diesel Geek Short Shifter : GFB DV + : Clutch Stop :
Dans GTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 11:07 AM   #7
sterkrazzy
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: mk6 gti
During the summer the engine doesn't have to try as hard to heat up the cat converter, so rpms aren't as high after a start up. It does sound a lot like the old apr rev issue though. The revs you're getting now sounds normal.
Mk6 CSG GTI 6sp | Stratified Tuned | Sachs SRE Stage 2 Clutch | DG SS | Raceseng Ashiko Heavy Shift Knob | Integrated Engineering CAI | CTS Turboback | GFB DV+ | Neuspeed RSe52's + Intercooler | Michelin PSS | 034 RSB + Upper Strut Mounts + Street Density Motor Mounts + Locking Collars | Eibach Pro-Street-S Coils | Energy Suspension Dogbone Insert | Fluidampr Pulley | Tyrolsport Stage 2 Hatch Brace | Stoptech Slotted Rotors
sterkrazzy is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
idle, issue